Today we had the pleasure of talking to Quincy Larson - Founder and educator at "freeCodeCamp", where you can learn to code completely for free.
In this episode, Quincy shared his insights on focusing passionately on one field, building communities and free education to everyone, on a scale that impacts the world massively even 20 years from now.
Please support our amazing sponsors
Links from the show
- Learn to code for free - freeCodeCamp.org
- A handful free Guide to get published on Medium.
- Twitter - @ossia
I Love this podcast - now what?
Key points from this episode:
- Learn about what Quincy is doing and what is freeCodeCamp. [00:03:31]
- Find out how freeCode camp is powered by positive energy and empathy, and how that engage more than a million users to contribute and help each other, for free. [00:04:50]
- Learn about how the organization is structured. [00:09:47]
- Quincy shares his insights on promotion, marketing, writing and growing. [00:12:52]
- Find out what is the strategy of a long-term vision planning. [00:21:33]
- Learn about how the organization is focused on web development, and helping adults with technology. [00:25:19]
- Understand education and the value of it, and how you don't have to get a masters degree in order to develop yourself. [00:27:00]
- Get tips for the best way to get yourself a career in the field. [00:27:00]
- Learn about the community and how they help campers to engage with each other. [00:31:93]
- Find out how to build communities and audiences through writing. [00:35:00]
- Understand the process of writing in publication and how that process works (See 'freeCodeCamp publication guide' in the show links). [00:36:25]
- Quincy shares on how they got their big breakthrough and about focusing very passionately on one field. [00:40:00]
- Thoughts and insights about success and tips from Quincy. [00:45:50]
About The Hacking UI Podcast The Hacking UI podcast is hosted by Sagi Shrieber and David Tintner, a designer, and developer who are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacking maniacs, and all around tech geeks.
What is The Hacking UI Podcast - with Sagi Shrieber & David Tintner?
The Hacking UI podcast is hosted by Sagi Shrieber and David Tintner, a designer and developer who are also both entrepreneurs, bloggers, productivity/time-hacking maniacs, and all around tech geeks.
The first season of the podcast is titled ‘Scaling a Design Team’, in which they speak with design leaders from top notch companies like Facebook, Apple, Invision, and Intercom, to discuss various team structures, responsibilities, and workflows.
After quitting their day jobs to work full time on Hacking UI they named the second season ‘Scaling a Side Project’, and they interview creative entrepreneurs whom they admire, in order to learn about their paths to success and get them to share their tips and secrets. These include Matt Mullenweg (Founder of Wordpress), David Okeniuv (Founder of Typeform) and more.
The third season of the podcast is called 'Scaling a Career' and it's all about creative entrepreneurship. They interviewed amazing folks who took their creative skills and built a brand for themselves. These include Brad Frost (Atomic Design System), Samuel Hulick (Useronboard.com), Noah Kagan (Sumo), and Ran Segall (Youtuber at 'Flux' on Youtube).