The budget is well underway and motions were made... and quickly unmade. As well, the police is getting more money, but LESS more money. We also touch on transit stations, helicopters and the doomed metro line
- Budget bits: Here are some interesting items city council is mulling
- Edmonton mayor reins in requests for budget add-ons
- Councillors decide Edmonton police will get budget boost but not as much as requested
- Edmonton police get $75M boost over four years
- New Edmonton police helicopter saved from budget chopping block
- 'The sky has not fallen': City council queries staff on need for cannabis funding, mulls other saving strategies
- From 2014 on helicopters: Why isn’t City Council pushing back on the Edmonton Police Service?
- Elise Stolte: Edmonton's transit stations are dead, empty, soulless places. An extra security guard won't change that.
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.