Trey: All right. We should be good. You want to get sinked up?
Jude: Yeah.
Trey: Okay. You ready? 1,
Jude: 2,
Trey: 3. Go. Why so long
Jude: you waited a while. So I'm going to wait awhile. I didn't wait as long as you did.
Trey: Yeah, you did. You know what? My favorite thing about this is what we have this argument every time. We both know it's because we're remote, but we still pretend the other person did it on purpose. I it's never been more evident than the, I guess we were on opposite ends on as of this recording, the last episode for MC you need to know. I will never stop thinking about lead saying like, oh, I love when you two argue, because it's like, it's like two people politely disagreeing in the backseat while you're on a road trip. And then it's like, you watch us devolve as this goes on, wherever you just get more and more aggressive Metta Metta episode. Yeah. This might be the most meadow we are we've ever done because we've got no outline. We haven't queued the theme song yet. Wouldn't it be hilarious if like we get halfway through the episode and that's when we queued the theme song?
Jude: Sure. Well, I mean, we have to run the theme song at some point.
Trey: Oh, of course. But I love the idea of like getting all the way to the end. Oh crap. The theme song, play it. And then like talk for five more minutes. Like, all right. We'd like to thank Nick Sandy and this thing that's so funny.
Jude: That would be funny. Oh man.
Trey: So I've already, like, I w we were texting with Tara and we were talking about podcasting rituals, and I said, the last time I actually had a drink drink, we got the meta episode three. So keeping in spirits with that, I'm drinking, uh, on this one. I'm limiting. I'm limiting myself to just one, because I don't know if you picked up on it, but I was editing that episode and it was so funny to me that if it were up to me, we still would be in the bed of episode three, because you took the reins and you were like, it's like getting us into the next topic and finally getting us to the answer. That's so
Jude: funny. I'm gonna have to go back and listen to that then. Oh, there's a definitive point. Okay. I have just water today. Uh huh. Yeah. I haven't been sleeping well. Um, so part of it is the pod mascot keeps waking me up in the middle of the night. He will be in puppy prison tonight. That's
Trey: a very extreme way.
Jude: I mean the kennel, uh, puppy prison. Well, he normally doesn't go to the Kindle really, unless it's like, okay, you got to go away. And then, so we call it. That's adorable. Yeah, it is. Um, Francis might not feel that way, but I would
Trey: like to sleep. Hey, that's a very reasonable request. Look, if they get to get your sandwich, you get to sleep. That's only
Jude: fair. That's right. I almost got pushed out of the bed last night because of the. Yeah. He sleeps in our bed. It's like a hundred pound dog that just sleeps in our bed. It sucks.
Trey: I think you're to end up in puppy prison. See, this is why I like,
Jude: yeah.
Trey: We had the guests that we had on TJ. Who's an incredibly skilled artists in so many different forms, but specifically in this instance, like actual like drawings, I wish that I could draw because I would love to be able to just do like a comic of you or the puppy. Chris,
Jude: did you see recently, like the paintings he did on. Uh,
Trey: I want to say yes, I'm not recalling to mind, but I mean, he's always posting so many cool things. Yeah,
Jude: yeah. Go back and check it out. And he made, I, I texted him. I was like, dude, could you make a baseball bat? He's like, well, I can't because I don't have a big enough, uh, lave wherever he goes, but I can make a mini one. And so he made a mini bat for me. That's awesome. Yeah, it was so cool. So.
Trey: Yeah. If I don't, I still don't know if this is part of the episode or not, but if it is we'll make, screw it, even if it's not the episode, we'll link it in the show.
Jude: Yeah. What went into the show notes? So, yeah, we got to have TJ back on because he had some really interesting insights to what if that I hadn't thought about?
Trey: Well, you know, it's funny, you said. Uh, I th this will be the episode if, unless things drastically changed, this will be the episode that comes out the week after the what if finale? Uh, well, maybe the other week, because we were always a week behind, but we've already decided that we're not doing a wrap-up episode, just because as much as we've been struggling with the episode, I think doing one more episode just feels like not the right call, but I would love to dig into that with. Uh, especially if you can find a way to do it where it's not like specifically just what if, but just kind of tapping into his insights on a broader scale of MCU, which incorporates that. What if, yeah.
Jude: Yeah. I'll talk to him because I know he'll be in. Yeah. Oh, so yeah, we're recording. This is the same day that. I guess what episode eight drop, which I haven't watched yet,
Trey: you know, I was, so I was hoping you would, because I was in love with the idea of us both seeing the episode, but not talking about it, but recording on the day that it came, it felt like the most us thing since we started podcasting.
Jude: Yeah. Well, my oldest, uh, does youth bowling and, and got to. Did a free bowling tonight? Um, basically, so, so they don't have to go on Saturday. And, and so that's where I was, and I had appointments this morning. And so like, I was late to work, which was in-service. That was. Um, thoroughly fruitful. Um, and so, yeah, so like I haven't had a chance to listen to yet. Yeah.
Trey: Well, I'll be very curious. Are you going to watch it tonight? Are you going to do it tomorrow? No, I'll watch it tonight, man. I feel like in this weird space where we're both planning the episode and also doing the meta episode, but that's brand, but to kind of bring it back into something that would be valuable for the people listening. It's been weird. I think this hasn't yeah, this change happened between the meta episodes, the last, the third one, and this one. It's been weird having to adapt to the Disney plus shows being out on Wednesday rather than Friday, which was the case when we did this last time,
Jude: I've appreciated though, the extra time,
Trey: I appreciate the time as far as I appreciate the time, as far as the production of making the episode goes. But as far as like marketing a podcast, it feels like we're always playing from home. And, uh, actually I was talking about, I was talking to Tara about this whenever we did our Shung Kai, uh, review the recording. We were just talking about social media in general. And I told her one of the weirdest things is, you know, the new episode comes out Wednesday. Our podcast episode comes out Monday. That gives us two days to promote before that next Wednesday, where everybody's already looking at the next thing. And I'm in a I'm between a rock and a hard place where I don't want to. Change what we do because the time is nice. I feel like it does give us a lot more freedom to really dig into an episode. But it's, it's, I dunno, it's been interesting as, as I've been trying to crack how to promote these episodes once they actually go out. Yeah.
Jude: Well, I mean, I think two things first, I get it that, you know, Kevin foggy superfan. Can't always accommodate us and has to do its best for Marvel and Disney. And so moving it from Friday to Wednesday,
Trey: that's the compromise we have to make.
Jude: Yeah. Um, I think, you know, we've made that compromise, I think on his end, w I, I would appreciate it if you'd just like name drop us every once
Trey: in a while, you know, recognition goes along. It does, uh, we, we say his name almost every week.
Jude: It's right. Oh, help us out. Help us out, Kevin. Oh, we're on a Kevin name basis now. Well, okay. See, that's the thing. So I remember when I worked at a TV station years ago and I was in, you know, did make, made the local commercials, working with promotions and stuff and, and friend, the still friend, I haven't talked to him in years. So the creative director, we would, we would critique commercials. Right. Cause that's part of what we did. We promoted the station and made, uh, local commercials and there was a whole campaign for, um, I think it was Levi's. Right. And you would see a billboard that would be like Calvin wears them and a Levi's logo, which was so fantastic because you didn't mention Calvin Klein and you didn't have to, you just had the name. Right. And, and everybody thinks of that. And so that's why it's like having a mug with a, like a logo on one side and just Kevin listens on the other side. Yeah, they're going to associate him. See, you need to know which Kevin, let me could be my dad for all. Like, you know, like your number one fan,
Trey: you can't all the Kevin's. Can't see, what's come at.
Jude: You know, and, and, and if they did, we'd just be like, no, no, no, no, we're rolling names out. It's a little bit at a time we don't have the budget of Coke. We can't put just random names and a whole bunch of names. And just the random name generators came with Kevin first who knew, you know, like. All
Trey: right. You you've convinced me where you need to roll out murder ASAP. Kevin listens is such a great,
Jude: I know right
Trey: now, I want to know if we have any actual, actual Kevin's one as opposed to fake Kevin's, but I wouldn't know if there are any Kevin's that listened to this podcast. And if that would be appropriate for just that
Jude: I know somewhere out there among the listeners, there's a Kevin says like, And by that I drink coffee out of that mug. We
Trey: are all Kevin on this
Jude: day. Well, you know what? And watch like much. There's just gonna be like one. Kevin listener that doesn't drink coffee. You know, that also
Trey: feels on brand.
Jude: Oh yeah.
Trey: All right. I'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way. Cause it's like, it is messing with me as somebody who is adheres to structures. Whenever we do a. Glenn. Cute. Yeah.
Jude: Nice. Okay.
Trey: alright. We're back. Should I do the hello or do we
Jude: just keep rolling? Hello and welcome back to another episode of MC you need to know a podcast dedicated to the Marvel cinematic universe. Everything you need to know. I'm Jude.
Trey: I'm Trey. How are you doing, dude?
Jude: Well, I'm excited tray,
Trey: you know, we're joking, but at the time of this recording, it's coming up where you're going to, you're going to be doing that.
Jude: Yeah. Yeah. You're going to get to take some well-deserved times off. Um, and, and I'm excited because I'm unfortunately, Um, from the sense of we've had tremendous support and your willingness to do this, um, I've missed episodes and, and unfortunately I've had to miss episodes, uh, unfortunately being the circumstances. Um, but it is neat to be on that side of it to listen. And it's like, oh, I have no idea what it's going to be. What's going to be said. So I'm really excited for you to have that experience. Um, You know what I'm, I'm starting to try to line up. I got, I got one already on the line. Fantastic to replace you. So yeah. Wait, wait, did I say, hold on. I mean to sit in your chair,
Trey: well, you, uh, you heard it here first. I'm getting you served.
Jude: Yeah. Sorry.
Trey: You had to find out this way. Oh man. Oh, but no, I, you, you hit the nail on the head, like it's the closest I've come to that experience of like, Participating in an episode was the one where friend Daniel and leech did the, the, what if they hosted the show. And that was so much fun. And, you know, I sat here in this exact same spot, but I was muted and listen to them, but it's like, I'm so curious to see what it would be like, where I have no idea what's going on and it'll, it'll be fun. Purely an audience, um, um, high school and I, you know what, I don't even know if I w unless you need me to help with something, I don't even want to know what you got planned. Like, I want to be completely surprised.
Jude: Yeah. Awesome. Hey, just to whatever I want
Trey: taking over tray part one. Why are the truck mattered? Part one in part two, right?
Jude: Oh, that's so awesome. Okay. So you sent me that text about the truck, about like hoping a fun co pop scene. I started running through my head of the people on Facebook that I follow that does custom pops and wondering is like, can I just have one made and sent to tray for Christmas?
Trey: You know, that's fantastic because nothing to the level of what you're talking about, it's nothing custom, but I've gotten two ideas for what I would like to get you for Christmas. One of them, I think. Genuinely cool. The other one is the devil horns coming out of my head. I'm trying to see what's right direction. I want to go.
Jude: That's funny. Oh, that's funny. Maybe I'll do both. I had a question. Okay. One of the things I was thinking about, you know, and it matters stick with, with Metta, um, with what we've done so far and granted, you know, we've already laid out when we're recording this. If I'm taking and I think it's appropriate to do so. The Disney plus shows as part of the new phase, right? This has been an exciting phase. I'd agree. Yeah. It's been a really good phase and I think we would have to go back at the, at some point in revise. What was the best phase where we did that? Oh,
Trey: yeah. I think I remember my answer was phase three. Yeah. What was yours? Did you pick phase three to,
Jude: I either did three or two. I can't remember. I'd have to go look back. That would be
Trey: tough. Yeah, because just like speaking broad. I think phase four, the highs have been on par with phase three, but the lows have been lower than anything in any phase, in my opinion. Uh,
Jude: yeah, I. If party Thor was a low,
Trey: is that the lowest for
Jude: you? Well, I'm just saying like, like if that's, if the, what if is included then? Yeah, I have a hundred percent agree with that statement.
Trey: Yeah.
Jude: But like the, like the lows of the other three series, I don't think equal the lows of, uh, of the phase one. Does that make sense?
Trey: I would say, cause the, the, the two, obviously what if like, even though I think I might well know, I don't even want to say that. Cause it's, it's so weird. What if has been such a weird show to cover? Because week to week we're all such polar opposites, but the first place I was like, what if for sure that has been a real low, at least for me personally, the next place that I reached for was there are aspects of thought going in the winter soldier that I just did not like I would put that on par with stuff like RMS. But I wouldn't, I wouldn't the low, low, when I'm saying that I'm speaking of what if, cause like I was thinking about that, cause I, there was a tweet that was put out by, um, some pop culture, Twitter account where it was like all the entries of phase four this year. And it said, uh, you know what, what's been your personal favorite. And I ranked them and the bottom two was what it me, I'm sorry. The bottom two was Falcon in the winter soldier. And then what if, and I was thinking about it, like despite the ways that I feel there's a. You a huge valley between Falcon to the winter soldier. And what if, because there are still aspects I like of that, but yeah. So it's been interesting. I it's, I'm glad you brought up that point of maybe re-evaluating cause uh, I never thought about returning to topics like that.
Jude: Yeah. Well, I mean it, just to think about what's to come eat turtles, Dr. Strange Spider-Man Hawkeye, Hawkeye. Uh, yeah. It's it's going to be, it's going to be worth going back to on
Trey: that one. Yeah. I it's worse. We're facing down the longest stretch of weeks that we've had since Wanda vision started. If I'm not mistaken because where we've got, I think we said seven weeks between the end of what if and the beginning of Hawkeye, it feels a weird to be. At this point where we had to come up with topics for that many weeks. Cause it's, it's been kind of like routine. We, you don't really even have to think about it. You're just like, all right, new episode, let's review it. Let's put it out. Yeah.
Jude: Yeah. Well, and it's interesting cause we we've talked, we did it, we did a shonky episode and a black widow episode. Uh, now one with Tara, but we never really, we didn't do any kind of deep dive. I mean, part of that was because it, when it came out, um, you know, we wanted your initial reactions. Uh, waiting till, you know, not everybody got the early access on black widow and that should be coming super soon. Right. October. I just don't know exactly what date I want to say
Trey: the fourth,
Jude: October 4th. Okay. So that would be what, Monday. Okay. Yeah. So. You know, and I must confess I didn't buy the early access to
Trey: black widow, which is so funny because you were championing putting it on Disney
Jude: plus I know, but what's what's, you know what, well, you know, what prevented me from doing that honestly, was when I saw how intense it was for Marvel, when I saw how intense it was and my youngest. You know, the, the fourth grader, that was the one that was like, really, like, I want to see this, I want to see this. And like, I'm not in a rush to show you this movie. Yeah. You know? And so that actually is what tapped the brakes for me on, uh, I'm getting the early access. Now I did get to see that twice in the theater because my dad and I went to go to a movie, um, And we were looking at what was out and there was only two movies that I really, I thought it was worth going to see in one boss, black.
Trey: Uh, do you have you and your dad watching bus maybe to get there? It's
Jude: amazing. I'm sitting there with my wife in two of my three kids watching boss, baby. The oldest was off into summer camp and like, like, did they. Yes. They, they really took Rocky horror picture show and repurposed it for the scene. Like what's going on here? Like these kids don't get that reference anyways. Um, that's another podcast and I'm sitting there like Tara let's do the time warp, you know, and anyways, um, But no. So like, uh, it was still water that Matt Damon movie. Oh yeah. And I just, I wasn't mentally in a place where I felt like I should go watch that because when I heard about it, so it was just like, I like black widow. Let's just go see it again. So. My dad's an interesting test case. Cause like one of the things he was frustrated about with black widow, when we went to go see, it was like, cause he had already saw it once before as well. Was he felt like there was issues that were unresolved. And he was annoyed by that, but what he didn't put together was where it was within the timeline. I was like, no, he's like, like this is when it takes place and right before infinity war. And, and so it had been resolved and we'd seen it and he didn't, he didn't realize that. And I, and it made me wonder how many people. I didn't put that together that are the casual MCU fan. Like he seen them all, he goes and sees them at the movies he wants to, you know, but he's not listening. Well, I say that he's not listening to our podcast, but like, like, I mean, I know he's downloaded and listened, but it's not like it's cause it's me, you know what I mean?
Trey: I'm kidding. Go ahead.
Jude: Honestly, it could be honestly, it could be. We'll see. Uh, see, I can say that, cause I don't think he's going to listen to this episode. Uh, he's on vacation. He's out. He's enjoying himself. This doesn't
Trey: come out when he's on vacation.
Jude: No, he's taking a long vacation. I think he might still be gone. It's a, it's a, it's like a cross country trip at an RV. He's well-deserved it's well-deserved too. So, um, but no, like in all seriousness, Like, he's not searching out these podcasts, you know what I mean? Like if it wasn't for us doing one, he would have never looked for an MCU podcast. Right. So he's like enjoys it, but he doesn't get into the minutiae and all and all that kind of stuff. So, so it made me wonder how many people who even think of themselves as an MCU fan, but not to the degree that, that separation, um, Kind of impacted what they thought,
Trey: but, you know, I'm, I'm perpetually thinking about what leach said. I think it was when we were talking about what if not, when she did the review episode with us, but we were talking about it coming and she was like, I think general audiences just don't care. Like we were talking, we were talking about like some minutia about a multi-verse and she was like, I think most people are like, okay, cool. Let's just go. And so, yeah, it is interesting to see where. People thought, like, even if they have seen all of them where they fall into the deep dive, because there were people who were in the, uh, the Marvel studio, sub Reddit, like a forum dedicated to the MCU and I'll see comments like, oh, this takes place in between, uh, civil war and infinity war. And I'm like, yeah, like, how did you.
Jude: I guess I'm just admitting that yes, the MCU fandom is a bubble that I live in
Trey: we're nerds.
Jude: And I, I liked, I liked, I liked that bubble. I do
Trey: like, have you ever stopped and thought about. On in the internet, there is over a hundred hours of us talking about me. See,
Jude: I know, right. If you would. Okay. While if you would've told me, if you would've told me that at some point. Like high school Jude with dial up unlike prodigy or AOL. You know that one day there's going to be over a hundred hours of you talking about something. You enjoy that other people listen to. I would've thought you were great.
Trey: I would have, and that's not even like, like step back, even further, like even us like getting together and doing this. Cause we've never, we hadn't done anything like this before. And so it's just like, once you start to peel back the layers of it, it's like it's wild to stop and think what we've done in a year and a half.
Jude: Yeah. Well, wait, I wrote once when you tried to have your movie or if you page, I wrote once or twice for your page.
Trey: That's right. Yeah. I remember that. So maybe, maybe not, maybe I'm being a little too, too harsh on that. Yeah,
Jude: but no, I mean, I mean, but beyond. You're right.
Trey: I think I'm just mentally trying to put as much distance between me and my writing as I possibly
Jude: can. Gosh, it wasn't bad. It wasn't bad.
Trey: It maybe at the time it feels like one of those things. If I go back and read it, I will just like internally implode from reading my own writing.
Jude: Everybody's has to start somewhere. I know
Trey: everybody has. I know I did a review on the first Avengers and I'm curious to find out what I said about it, but
Jude: that's what we do. We know that all of you, and we talk about that review on the pond
Trey: and you remember how I mentioned, oh, the reason I
Jude: know so many people right now, smiling and nodding their heads is like, yes, please do that. Cause I, I remember you did a review in the Avengers.
Trey: Yeah. I think. Uh, venture Kevin Fike. He's been stalking me since the beginning. Oh no. Well, I was going to say, because the whole reason I got away from, uh, writing reviews and reviewing in general is because. I w I was younger than he was part of like that whole edgy thing. And I noticed part of like, like, cause it's fun. Like it's fun to dunk on stuff. Like when you don't like it. And it was a slippery slope. And I started to realize like I was doing that more than actually reviewing stuff. So I just pulled the plug on it because that's not what I wanted to do. And I feel like I've gotten better about that, of like talking honestly, and more about what I like and less about what I don't like, but all that to say, I feel like I can remember an impulse in me writing that Avengers review. They'd be like, I don't wanna let people know how much I like this. Cause I want to seem like I'm kind of distant, cool about the events. So I know I, yeah, I might quit an episode if we actually do. Yeah.
Jude: Well, you know what? Well, it's funny though, cause you say that and we do, and that was a struggle for me last, uh, I gonna say last week, but from when this airs, the, the party Thor is I didn't like the episode at all and really. Yeah, really like, oh, I told my buddy Shawn, you know, he's like, he's like, I don't know how you're going to record on that. And this was the Friday and I was like, dude, last night was painful and was like, I was like, if it wasn't for the pod, I might've turned that episode off and not finish it.
Trey: Anyways, but as far as it being painful, one quick little thing, I open when we ended that episode, because that episodes come out and like, I introduced him to like leech. I can't believe we've never done a review episode with you. I had every impulse in the world at the end of that recording to be like, well, Lisa, I hope we get to do a review episode with.
Jude: Yeah,
Trey: thankfully, she's a great sport and she's in on it too. Like we've all been just kinda like throwing little comments about it, but it's going to be one of those things where we just kind of like lock it behind a door and never think about it again.
Jude: Oh my gosh. But, okay. But here's the thing though. Uh, part of the drive, uh, for wanting to be positive, you know, and trying to find that is, you know, being cognizant of, okay, listeners, they come here to listen because they enjoy the MCU. Uh, but it was also your experience streaming that that's really driven, driven in terms of when, um, and just taking that idea of like, Hey, other people, like, you know, you didn't want to dunk on games cause other people, even if you didn't like it, other people work hard on it, you know, like this is their. They're babies or brainchild. And they put that out into the world and I don't have to like everything that people put out into the world, but like the work and the talent that goes into something like that is incredible, you know? And that, that alone needs to be respected, you know? And that's, and that's what, you know, where I felt bad, you know? And, and, and it's like, You know, and when we talked about it with Tara, the whole, sometimes, you know, when you love some things, you are critical of it because you love it. You know? So yeah,
Trey: yeah. That episode, that was one of the first things we did with Tara. And it has become, I think, one of the most important episodes that we've ever done, because we have referenced it so many times and I'm so thankful. That was the first thing we did. Oh, yeah. But no, you know, as far as that, like trying to find the positivity in it, um, one of, I don't know if I've ever actually talked about it in the podcast, I've mentioned it to you before, but one of my favorite, uh, podcast is called the film cast and they specifically, they talk about movies, but they have a section at the beginning where they talk about like what they've been watching. So it really encompasses everything and they of course have a. A wide range of opinions and what they like, what they don't like. And one of the things that they do that I absolutely love and would love to find a way to incorporate it without just flat out stealing it is at the end of their main review, the host will say something, well, those have been our thoughts, but at the end of the day, it is amazing that any film was made at all and we respect the talent of such and such. They list the creators. And so. Like you can, you can go out into that critical end, but we have to keep in mind, like people put their heart into this and if it didn't work for you, that doesn't diminish the talent that went into it.
Jude: Yeah. Well, and I mentioned your, your, your experience streaming. Um, well, I'll leave the story to you if you want to say it, but I'll buy it. Well, I just say my experience of it was, uh, Uh, attached to streaming, uh, the, well, what was the song? Thunder and lightening. Imagine dragons. Okay. So like, I, I just at first. Okay. But after a while, imagine dragons, I just couldn't do it. Right. But I remember an article or something that came out where it was some other artist. That publicly, like talked bad about them and their music. Um, and then the lead singer, I don't remember his name, but came out and he was like, look like, why would you do that to a fellow artist? You don't have to like my stuff, but like, you know, and, and talked about his own mental health struggle issues with those things. And the idea of like, because his group, uh, The trendy thing to do was to not like them, you know, and the, and the music. And like, he's like my kids go to school and they're like, your dad's music sucks. Like, you know, and it's like, no kid has to, should have to mess with that just because it's the trendy thing to do. Like. I, you know, and, and that really kinda changed my perspective of, of thinking about how to be critical about things and making sure I'm being critical for the right reasons, then things I'm critical over or worth, or where do the being critical, you know? Um, and understanding that a lot of times that means it just didn't work for me, you know? Um, so yeah, and that's, so that was like one of my experiences of just like, oh, okay.
Trey: And I think something that people like we as a society need to learn. Like, I don't think there's anything wrong with dunking on something like that. Like, I'll be honest and we can cut this if you, if you don't like we do it all the time, like you and I we'll text stuff like dunking on an episode, if we really didn't. But we take the time to really format in a way that's more respectful. And I think the difference is people don't realize the reach of something on the internet. So even though your example with imagine dragons was like, oh, appear. And it got back to them. There's a level of comfort. I think that people have just putting stuff on the internet that, I mean, it can snowball, like, I mean, the right amount of people can. Parents something that said, and it just grows and grows until it's no longer controllable. So that's the responsibility. I think that we try to maintain here on the podcast, which segues me into the streaming story, where I was playing a video game called hello night. And it was on paper. This. Designed for me, it was exactly what I liked in video games, the right amount of difficulty, uh, it was screaming my name, but when I started to play it, I just was not connecting with it at all, just because of one little aspect of it with the navigation and the map that just didn't work for me. And so I kept trying to play at trying to find a way to connect with it. As I was doing that and trying to force it, I was finding humor and dunking on it. And again, I was giving into that same impulse whenever I was writing movie reviews. And it's one of those things where I thought like, okay, I'm, I'm obviously throwing some punches, but hopefully people understand enough that like, oh, you know, he's just going for the laughs. And so after one, particularly, I can't even remember it was, but one particularly harsh dunk. Uh, I thought, man, I forgot. I tagged the creators on Twitter. Wouldn't it be funny if one of them was here and then somebody who was new to that specific stream, just put an LOL. And it just every like, like the camera just zoomed in on my face, like in my mind of like, this is the person who works on the game, isn't it. And I asked and they said, yeah, I worked on the translations for some of it. And I there's a part of me. That's still dead in my seat from that moment. And knowing that somebody was there and it was just like, it changed how. R it shouldn't have changed because I'd already known at that point, but it reinforced that importance of light. Hey, you know, be nice.
Jude: Yeah. Yeah, no, I get it. Uh, yeah, so it's a tough lesson and I'm glad, I'm glad that we tried to maintain that.
Trey: Yeah, and I'm sure we'll make the mistake. It'll happen, you know, with the turnaround, with like trying to get these out and, and putting your thing out there, your, your episodes it's bound to happen, but hopefully we'll, we'll keep a check on it as we move forward. And I think we have, I don't think we've really ever said anything. That would be embarrassing if anybody ever heard
Jude: it. I don't think so. Not yet.
Trey: Not yet.
Jude: I mean, it's, it's bound to happen at some point. I hope not, but you
Trey: know, I mean, I guess, you know, the MCU keeps putting out great stuff. It's hard to embarrass yourself when you generally like all the swings they take. Yeah. Oh man. You know, I was, I was going to circle back because you had mentioned that we haven't done a deep dive on black widow and of course, Sean cheek is that hasn't even been widely accessible yet. Something else that's been sticking out to me. Uh, since the last time we did the meta episode is the original Genesis of this podcast was like, Hey, you know, we like the MCU. If we time this out, right. We can cover every movie week to week leading up to black widow. And of course, I'm not going to rehash that story. Everybody knows about the delays and whatnot and how we change. But it's been interesting to me that the premise was to cover the movies and the movies have taken a back seat to what we do because it's more of the week to week Disney plus shows that we're covering here rather than the movies. And I don't know, I was just, I guess, part of the med episodes is talking to you about those. Have you thought about that? Like, has that been weighing on you not getting back to it yet? Yes,
Jude: actually. You know well, and it's interesting. I think we over estimated underestimated, we estimated in the wrong direction, whichever one, it was that like, I'm fine with the way we decided to do the movies. Right. I'd like to why our approach. I don't think we realize. How fast these episodes would start coming as they came. Yes. Um, and, and the gap that would put between our movie reviews, you know? Um, so I, I liked that they're spaced out, but yeah,
Trey: w because at this point we've only covered for me. The Ironman trilogy and captain America, the first Avenger, you know, here we are talking about not doing a black widow or shanky deep dive yet. And the next three movies that we have planned, I won't say I'm just not to lock us into anything, but the next three movies we have planned aren't those movies either. So it's like, I don't know. It's been, it's been weighing on me for sure. Man, how do we incorporate these new releases on top of new release movies? On top of the shows on top of the movies we haven't gotten to yet?
Jude: I think it's, I think it's what we call job security. Like we still have the content we're saving it for later, just in
Trey: case. Well, do you think that Disney plus shows will always be this. It's
Jude: not, I don't know because I mean, I mean, and here's where it's hard to tell is because the streaming, the streaming services and the nature of streaming is changing. How we consume media content is changing the consumer side and the industry side so rapidly that, so for example, like, you know, an ad COVID on top of that Scarlett Johannson, right in the. Okay, well, part of that is like the industry has dealt with this before, right? Like DVD cells, VHS cells, right. The cells after the movie's release. And it's just probably been built into their contract, you know, of like how to handle that, going to streaming as quick as black widow did, you know, in that I think that's something we're going to see more. And I feel like the industry. PayScale and contracts. We'll probably adjust to that more so than, oh, that's just not going to happen as much as it used to. Um, cause even before COVID haven't we seen some where it was like a Netflix original goes to the theater and that.
Trey: Yes. It's been very few and far apart, but there
Jude: have been, but when it happens, right? Yeah. And, and I think that that's what we're seeing. And, um, that's part of what this lawsuit is bringing to light. Uh, You know what I think, I think Benedict Cumberbatch in commenting on the talked a little bit about this kind of trying to support Scarlett Johannson, Nan also realized I'm still employed now the hand that feeds and treading treading lightly. Um, but you know, so with that in mind, well, and other things that the, just to bring it up, what, I'm, what I mean by. Changing the industry things like if it's a TV show, Netflix producers. Right. Um, it doesn't matter. I can keep using Netflix if it's, if it's an original. Okay. Yeah. In the, in the contract. So for example, you have a lot of actors that have made their money by, through television, right. And those shows after air. Goes out to syndication. And so there's still some money coming in, right. Because of the syndication runs well, when it's owned completely by say Netflix, that's it, it's out there. There's no syndication. Right, right. And so it is, it becomes a one-time payment thing and there's not really a check that they're relying on later. So like the nature of. What taking that job means is, has changed. And so in a, and all that to say is like, are those Disney plus shows going to keep coming as quick as they are in, in, in there? I mean, it's hard to tell the way that, how the industry is going to change. You know, um, and if they're successful and they can marry these two, the film successfully. Yeah. I don't see why they, I
Trey: didn't mean it. You know, I didn't even think about it in terms of like the, the marriage between the films and the TV show. Like, obviously this is not an, uh, an area that I have any sort of expertise in, but I got to admit. The success of the movies financially is what's helping bankroll some of these projects on Disney plus. And if they're going from almost guaranteed, you know, close to a billion, if not a billion dollar box office hit to what is being celebrated at now 300 million. I think it got to their, like their, their income has been dramatically decreased. I think all these shows are planned pre pandemic. So yeah, I guess there is no telling. What the future slate holds after we get past that initial pre-planning, uh, in
Jude: a COVID world. Oh, I think you're going to start to see is, um, we'll take Monica Rambo introduced in Wanda vision, going over to the marvels. Um, don't know if Monica Rambo is going to show up and miss. Right. But like, I can see a world. What was it? Um, they've tried to shoot infinity Warren in game at the same time and then realized, okay, this isn't doable. And they, they, they basically spread those out, but like Lord of the rings trilogy was shot just all three back to back. Right. I mean, I can see a world now where. You are interconnecting these two that, you know, well, imagine the world like this Falcon and the winter soldier, right. And that budget is built into captain America for, or let's put it this way. Captain cap, Falcon, the winter soldier, whatever you want to call it. Season two. Is built in to captain America for, and so they shoot the series and the, the movie at the same time. And so contractually it, you're, you're paying, you're getting paid for both. It's, you know, you have the same creative crew and one goes right into the other, you know, seamlessly, um, Like, I think that's, if it's successfully meshed, you can, I can imagine those types of things starting to happen. Or if you want to have, you know, your, your teaser, where you have another character show up at the end. Well, that characters Disney plus show. Is filming in and that's just all built in and you can carry that character over from the movie, into their show for an episode or two. And so you get a more seamless handoff and have that built into contracts, right? Like I like, I, it would not surprise me when that starts happening. And I, I feel
Trey: like we've already gotten a. Predecessor to that. I mean, that's essentially what those in tags are like from in the beginning of phase one, wasn't it kind of like a tradition that the in tag of one movie was also shot by the director of the next movie that came out. Yeah. So it's like, yeah, I think you're, you're spot on that. Like they've already done stuff like that. It would make all the sense in the world to take that next step with the Disney plus shows. I
Jude: mean, I mean, you're, you're talking about balancing the production of like, say Dr. Strange and multi-verse of madness and Loki or Dr. madness. And Spider-Man, Spider-Man no way home in balancing a balancing act of their productions overlap. You know? Um, it would not shock me if that hasn't been on the mind if Kevin foggy super fan.
Trey: Oh man. Yeah. That'd be interesting to see where they go in the next, what? Five, 10 years. And hopefully we'll still be here during that.
Jude: Oh, absolutely. Wait. You mean like, nevermind. What do you mean? Like the pod or like, like, like you hope that somebody doesn't unplug the gate. What do you mean living in? Oh, okay. All right.
Trey: I thought I was prepped for another you're usurping me joke. I wasn't ready for my reality to meet you, sir.
Jude: I'm looking, I didn't start a stopwatch, but we've been recording for 53 minutes.
Trey: Yeah. And we generally try and keep it under an hour for the meta episode. I've got one more thing I want to mention before we sign off. So unless you got anything, I can end us with this.
Jude: No, I'm getting this. Hasn't been bad for no outline. So
Trey: yeah, the way I think, you know, we just had. I don't think it's going to be an Intacct, but we got to make sure to make it an intact for the final episode of what if so it leads into this, but we like, what three weeks ago now we were just cutting up and we were like, oh man, I know it's not tonight, but I want a hundred percent feel a meta episode inside of somewhere. And like, actually, so now I have two things I wanted to, we almost made a. What, if not, what if episode, a Metta episode with inside one of our, what if reviews? But it just never came to fruition, but that would have been so fun to see if we did
Jude: that. That wasn't, that we didn't have any effort. It just didn't quite work out as we thought we could. Oh, of course. Yeah.
Trey: Hopefully it didn't come across on my end like that. No, it was just like, oh, it's cause like we've, we've been putting up bones. Yeah,
Jude: click on her social. I hear friend Daniel. Now I want that episode.
Trey: We got to have the friend Daniel defense. We've got it all. Our T's crossed our eyes. If we promise Daniel there's nothing there. Oh man. Uh, but you know, we, we put up bonus clips on social media, so you, you can see the starts and stops and the in-between conversations that we have. And there was this one night where we just were having one of those nights where. We went, we started off already in a loopy place. We're like, okay, we need to start the episode. We started the episode we needed to break. And then we would continue conversations. We started from the beginning and we did that throughout the entirety of the episode. But, uh, yeah, that, that, that tickled me.
Jude: Yeah. Oh. And there was like a 20 minute break because I had to go put my kids to bed. And so on the audio way forward, there's like a 20 minute gap.
Trey: You know what I was so looking forward to, because you said you were going to look at it, but once we found out there was nothing there, you, you, I'm sure you just didn't go through it, but if you would have made it to the silence, there was a bit in the middle where it's like, I'm muted. Technically, Jude can't hear me. I would love if he's doing the same thing on his end and I can't hear it.
Jude: See, that's what you're thinking. I just wanted to go back and listen to him and see if my closet was haunted, but okay.
Trey: I'm the ghost hunter class. I was just muted.
Jude: Oh my gosh. Oh
Trey: man. Okay. Final thing. I was talking to a friend about this. You know, I'm still measuring out my own feelings of going to the theater safely. Like as hard as we get into the colder months with COVID and whatnot, uh shonky was kind of like my, my last comfortable one as things are still pretty warm here. And I've been measuring what I would do. I don't know what I'm going to do for the internals, but I've already made up my mind. I'm going to try and rent a theater for Spiderman three, and it's pretty reasonable that I can invite up to like 30 people. And I've been planning it with a local friend and we've been going through all this info, like this trouble. I've been looking up online trying to make calls and see what all needs to be done. And finally, I was talking to him today and I said, you know, it would be absolutely. And he goes, what? And I said, if I go through all this, I reserve the theater. I get the 30 people that went to go and we all celebrate my birthday, which is December 14th. And then the movie comes out the 17th and we end up having a repeat of the third Raimi Spider-Man movie, where I also gathered people for my brother. And it sucked this time. There will be 30 people.
Jude: Oh my gosh. Please. Don't check. Please don't
Trey: oh, man, I need to double check. I've told this story about how Spider-Man three ruined my birthday. Maybe it was just a random gathering with friends, but I'm fairly certain it came out around my birthday, but that would be hilarious if that's what ends up happening.
Jude: Yeah, please stop. Oh, no, it did not come around around your birthday. It didn't when it come up. And, um, may June.
Trey: Okay, well then, okay, look, there we go. The jinx is broken. It didn't happen. It was just a random gathering of event where I disappointed my friend.
Jude: Okay. Think big sigh of relief.
Trey: Maybe I shouldn't have ended that story because if it does suck, people are going to point back to this podcast. Hey, any publicity is
Jude: good. The Mandela effect will kick the Mandela facial kick in. And all of a sudden I heard this episode once before, and it seems to be missing a segment.
Trey: Oh, now everybody decided to reach out to us on social media and saying I'm 74 episodes. And this is the episode y'all decide to tweet it. Oh good, man. I love the meta episode. I don't care if it's indulgent.
Jude: You know what? Sometimes the men episode is like our vacation. It's the podcast. It's self
Trey: it's self care. I love what you said. The last one, the med episode is self podcasting. Self care.
Jude: Yeah. Yeah.
Trey: I think, I think that's it. Thank you all for indulging us. You got any more? You want to add on Jude?
Jude: Be safe, everyone.
Trey: I got nothing. Yeah. Be safe. We'll see you around. I, I, it's weird. How do we in meta episodes? Do we do the like, Hey, follow us on social media.
Jude: I think we should. I think Nick
Trey: Sandy, of course I would never end an episode without thinking Nick, Sandy. Well follow us on social media at if
Jude: you need to know.
Trey: Oh, let's do that. Let's let's switch roles. You, you do this, I'll do the
Jude: discord and rating. So please be so kind. I can't do you, uh, you know, follow us, Adam, see, you need to know on Instagram and Twitter, uh, or if you've long form is your preference at MC you need to know at Gmail, no, not at empty empty. You need to know@gmail.com, uh, drop us a line and tell us what you think. Um, we're looking forward to hearing from you.
Trey: Yeah. And if you are enjoying these episodes, make sure that you leave us a rating and review on whatever podcasting platform that you listen to. Uh, it goes a long way in helping promote the podcast, as well as giving us valuable feedback to make better episodes. And of course, if you'd like to join our discord, we've got a link to that in the show notes. Uh, there's a lovely community of people who are interested in the MCU as much as we are, as well as you pointed out at the last recording. Just pop culture in general. So if you're looking for a community to get excited about things with, uh, click that link, come join us. It'll be a great place to hang out. And we do have spoiler roles to help prevent spoiling things for other people. So if you want a place to be able to talk about it without having to worry about spoilers, make sure you go to the role of sign and click the emoji
Jude: for this. Yeah, it has always got a think. Nick Sandy, for his wonderful rendition of the Avengers theme song that we so graciously did for us, uh, check out his work on SoundCloud, Ian, his photography on Instagram links are in the show notes. Well, thank you everybody for listening. I think that's going to do it. Thank you for doing the med episode tray. Thank you. We'll see you all next week. Is that what that is? That's an episode
Trey: was that are you persecuting me doing a Mario versus maybe it's an episode. It's usually done. So was phase one of our podcasts. Come on. I mean, I do. Boom. That's an episode now.
Jude: Oh yeah. It's boom. Okay. I don't know what done Joe came up to mind. I
Trey: haven't done done so since the Daredevil
Jude: days funny is that like, this is just a natural end. Yeah, I can't say the second word, Frank, Daniel. Uh, but I did that on purpose. I said, I can't say the second word. It's only an end. Oh,
Trey: I put, since when do I listened to friend D oh man. No, I was going to say, I love, you know, I talked about like the long wait to the queue and the theme song. If we cued the theme song now.
Jude: Oh, there you go.
Trey: Well, we just paid out on the. Do what you want. You're
Jude: editing. Oh, this is my edit. Oh, is it mine? I
Trey: don't know. Who knows? We'll figure it out. Fade out.