In this episode, Leo is joined by Peter Witham to discuss the Platforms State of the Union: Xcode Cloud, Async/Await & Actors, Building Apps on the iPad, Focus & DND, ScreenTime API, Shareplay API and more...
Youtube Video - https://youtu.be/6IEvRlyu904
- Episode 24 - Continuous Integration with Kyle Newsome
- Episode 81 - Awaiting for Async with Vincent Pradeilles
- Episode 84 - Automation Fun with Jared Sorge
- Episode 91 - Fastlane with Josh Holtz
- Xcode Cloud Beta Signup
- Test-Driven Development in Swift by Gio Lodi
- Josh Shaffer's Clarification on Async/Await and Combine
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Using RevenueCat to power your in-app purchase infrastructure solves:
- For edge cases you don’t even know you have
- Protects from outages your team hasn’t seen yet
- Saves you time on future maintenance
- As well as new features released by the app stores
- Empowers your marketing teams with clean, reliable IAP data
360iDev - August 22 -25 (Hybrid)
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It's all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
- Available Online or In-Person
- How does it differ from Xcode Server and Serverbots?
- Is there an on-premises version?
- Can the Workflows be edited via web or text?
- How does it compare to other services?
- Where's the REST API for Xcode Cloud
- How much does it cost?
- What's is going to be the relationship with Fastlane?
- How do pull requests, discussions, etc... interface with Git Repo Services (GitHub, Gitlab)?
Xcode... Swift Playgrounds on the iPad
- Fully Build and Upload Apps from the iPad
- How does sharing code with Xcode on the Mac work?
- How does it interface with Git Repos?
- Can Preview Apps in Full Screen
- Sounds perfect for testing and prototyping
Async/Await and Actors
- See episode with Vincent on async and await
- Xcode includes tools for refactoring
- What's the relationship with Combine?
- Uncertainty with Actors
SwiftUI - Year 3
- Used in various macOS apps (Maps, Photos, etc...)
- Continued improvements to List
- Table added to macOS
- Specific Platforms for modifiers
- Pull-to-Refresh One liner
- New Material Styles and UI Focus API
Focus and Notifications
- More Granular control over notifications
- How do notification scores work?
- What can we do about notification spam?
- New Extra Large Widget
- More Stacks
- Widget Suggestions
- iPad Home Screen Widgets
- Peter's rant on Widgets
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.