The Prime Minister of the UK has a unique way of using language, which shows his privileged upbringing and elite education.
Learn about how he uses language, why he talks in this way, why this appeals to the British people, and what similarities he has with Donald Trump.
Full transcript, key vocabulary, and bonus episodes available on www.leonardoenglish.com
- The early life of Boris Johnson
- Johnson's classical language
- Clip of Johnson in an Ancient Rome vs. Ancient Greece debate
- Johnson's carefully maintained image
- Johnson's struggle to use simple language
- British tradition of upper-class rulers
- Why Johnson makes no apologies for himself
- A £250,000 a year 'second job' that is 'chicken-feed'
- Johnson's human flaws
- Johnson's ability to use language to create vivid, memorable images
- Johnson as a breath of fresh air vs. status quo politicians
- Using comedy to avoid questions
- Similarities and differences between Boris Johnson and Donald Trump
- Did Boris Johnson attempt to manipulate the Google search results?
Join the conversation:
- Join the Leonardo English community: community.leonardoenglish.com
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com