Welcome to the Soul Touched by Dogs Podcast, the show for dog lovers who see dogs not as toys or tools, but wise souls worth our respect and care. I'm an Herrmann, and I'm your host. I talk to poor some humans, people who do great work for dogs and their people. So come and join us for today's conversation. Well,
Anke: hello and welcome, Anne. I'm super
Anne: delighted to have you here. Thank you. Lovely to be here.
Anke: Well, uh, before we start talking about what we're going to talk about, um, why don't you give people like a two minute bird's eye overview? Let them know where you're based and, you know,
Anne: what's your connection to dogs? Okay. Um, I'm based in Cornwall in the UK, so the Farthest south in the UK, um, wonderful part of the world. Um, my connection to dogs, um, I've always had dogs when I was young. Um, I've always been around dogs, um, and a lot of my friends have dogs, so they've always played a big part in my life. And how I work with dogs, um, is via Reiki and crystal healing. Um, I'm a qualified Reiki master and I do distance Reiki for animals. Um, a lot of my clients are dogs, um, and it's I chose to get qualified in Reiki because animals have been a constant throughout my life. They've always been there for me. So by giving them Reiki, for me, I'm giving something back to them. It's kind of like, it's my way of saying thank you to them for everything that they've done for me, and that's why I love doing it. Um, and Reiki is non invasive and safe, and it can be used in combination with medication, and it helps with all sorts of issues, whether you have a dog that's nervous to go, before they go to the vet, or whether you have a, especially like rescue animals, rescue dogs. A lot of dogs that suffer from anxiety or stress, Reiki can definitely help with that. Reiki can also help with the general well being of the dog, and it can also help assist in if the dog has had an operation. in terms of healing. Um, so it can work on so many levels, which is why I love it. It's fascinating because, and dogs like humans can refuse Reiki. I was just about to ask that, like, how would you, you know, how will you know, right? Yeah, they can refuse it. Um, the way I do it is I use a picture of the dog. Um, so, before I start a session, I ask the owner for the name, um, of the dog and a picture of it, and also if there's anything that I need to know beforehand. So, any underlying medical issues, any problems, if there's a certain area of the body they would like me to focus on. Um, and then I start my session. Um, I use Reiki in combination with crystal healing, because the energy of crystals combined with Reiki is really powerful, and it enhances the healing experience for the dog. And what, what I do is I draw the Reiki symbols on the picture, so there are different symbols, um, that you need to choose before you do a healing session, if you're doing it over a distance, and these are all symbols that you are attuned to when you learn Reiki. Um, and they just They tie in with the animal and send the healing, because race is all about transfer of energy. Um, all living beings, excuse me, all living beings are surrounded by a field of energy. We all have our own energy. Um, I don't know, like sometimes when you meet someone, you can kind of pick up on their energy. Um, I don't know if you've experienced it or if your listeners have. Um, you know, sometimes when you perhaps meet someone or even if you meet a dog, you kind of sense. Either that something is off or, or the reverse, you feel really welcomed. So you, we can pick up on energies and Reiki is just tuning into that even more. Um, and with Reiki the way I do it, when I place my hands over the picture, I can, I can feel where my hands need to go. So I can feel if there's any blockages. Um, and the crystals help with that as well. So I can feel if there's anything that's misaligned or needs clearing, and I work my way through, through the picture, and if I need to focus on other areas, then I feel that. So, I can feel temperature changes. Um, and if there's If there's a lot of temperature changes, like if it goes cold, then I know, oh, okay, I may need to do some work on this area. And, and I do that until for about half an hour. And after half an hour, it's usually all aligned. And with animals, I tend to leave it for 24 hours afterwards, because Reiki will continue to work once the session has finished. And I ask the owner to just keep an eye on them. Um, the main reaction from animals and dogs, uh, tend to be Um, they sleep a lot more. Um, they tend to get this kind of sense of calmness. Um, and yeah, it's, it's lovely to hear the reaction from the owners. Um, I've had, um, I've had clients all over. Um, I had, um, a dog in America who, I was born with a neurological disorder, who tended to be very aggressive around feeding time. Um, so the owners couldn't get close to the bowl because he would, he would guard his food and be a bit snappy. Um, once I had done the Reiki session, um, they said it was They were really surprised because they were able to remove the food bowl without any issues. There were no aggression. I've had other dogs with arthritis and the owner reported, you know, they were able to sleep throughout the night for the first time in in months without any pain. And the pain was decreased after the session. So it does work on loads of conditions and I've had Other animals who have been more wild and they've settled down after. The session.
Anke: So, but the animal, obviously, so if you work off a photo, so the animal can just go about its day, like you wouldn't, like they don't need to be there, right? Nope. So there's no specific, so if I'm coming to you and say, hey, can you do Reiki on my dog Kai, like he can just go about his day.
Anne: Absolutely. Right. Yeah. So how would
Anke: you know whether he is accepting or receiving it, or if he goes, like you just
Anne: feel that? Yeah. When I start placing my hands over the picture. Um, if I don't feel like there's a connection there, um, that's usually because there's a resistance to it. And then you'll try again later, or? Yeah, and it may be that I may have to leave it for a little bit and then try again. Um, but so far um, all of the animals that I have worked on have been very receptive. Animals are, in general, very receptive of Reiki. Um, because it's a calming energy and, um, because they, um, obviously sense that there's, it's safe. So, is there, will the owners
Anke: come specific, like typically, like you've mentioned quite a few examples, so it's very varied, right? So, would the owners usually already have an idea? It's like, who comes to you? I would imagine somebody who's already had some, or at least some experience with reiki or at least knows of it or, you know, who would think of coming to you with those kind of issues, you know, when rather than going to a vet or going to a trainer
Anne: or, you know. Yeah. Um, there's been a variety of, um, of people. Uh, there's been people I've known from other, um, from other groups that I'm part of on, on Facebook. Um, and from them it's kind of been word of mouth, you know, they've told their friends about it and people tend to message me to say, oh, my friend told me to that, that you, you get reiki to their dog, and I wanted to reach out to you. And, and it, it's kind of, it's, it's more organic. Um, yeah. And, um, yeah, it's, um, there's a variety of people. There are people that haven't heard of Reiki. Um. And there are people that are quite sceptical, um, but there are also people who have had Reiki themselves, but they haven't had Reiki done for their dog. What's the difference? Like, if you were
Anke: to do Reiki for a person versus, versus a dog, let's say, like, what's different
Anne: for you? Um, it's, it's the same method. I use a picture and, um, I draw the symbols and I use the crystals. And it's, it's similar. It's, I can, if there's someone who's very resistant to it, um, then I can feel it. But usually with people who are resistant in the first place, I can have a conversation with them to explain how it works, explain about what Reiki is, um, before, um, before I have a session with them. And Usually with, with people, I tend to ask them to, I mean, again, you can just go about your day, but if you want to kind of have a more immersive experience, I normally suggest you either set aside half an hour or two to just be somewhere where you find relaxing and where you're not going to be disturbed, and so you can kind of fully experience. when I'm sending the Reiki to you. And again, I can pick up if there's any blockages. Do you find it's
Anke: easier for, like, to connect with people or, like, I would, I mean, my gut feel would be, it would probably be easier with animals, right? They don't have monkey mind thinking in a way. Is that, is that your experience?
Anne: Yeah, I do find animals are more receptive in general. Um, but it, it depends on the person because, like I said before, humans as well as animals can refuse Reiki. Um, but they're still gonna have, they're still gonna receive the benefit, even if they, you know, even if they're sceptical, because you don't have to believe in Reiki for it to work. Uh, because it's, you know, it is a transfer of energy and, you know, energy is never stagnant, energy is constantly flowing. Um, and that's why, you know, energy can be sent anywhere, because there's energy in everything.
Anke: I mean, you don't have to believe in gravity for it to work, right? So it doesn't require us to,
Anne: to be, to be on board with it, right? No, no. So what,
Anke: what's, what's your, you know, like, what does a typical day for you look like? So you would, you know, say, oh, well, I've got like three sessions lined up today. Or, you know, it's, um, is that how it works? Like you just have your number of sessions during the day and And, um, so you're in that beautiful energy all day, basically.
Anne: Uh, yeah. Sounds like a mean job to me. Yeah, most of the time. Um, I tend to do, um, the appointments, um, evenings, evening times, um, because I have a job during the day, so in the evenings then I can, that's when I focus on my healing. Um, and when you're doing Reiki, it's important that you, yourself, are, you know, that all your chakras are aligned and that you're in a calm state before you start because you don't want to transfer anything over to any of the, of the clients. So that's, you know, one of the important things that I always do. I always use Reiki on myself because it's a good way of making sure that everything is balanced within yourself. And obviously because I use crystals, I can align my chakras. Also you use the crystals on yourself as well? Yeah, yeah. And obviously always make sure crystals are cleansed and charged before you, before each session. Um, cause you obviously never reuse the same crystals for the next client. You always have to make sure that they're all cleansed. So that's where I'll leave gaps between each appointment, so I can have time to recharge myself and just kind of So I can study the picture, start connecting with the animal Because to me when I do Reiki, it's it's almost like I'm there with the dog and it's it's like I can almost feel their fur. And it's, it's lovely. It's, it's a lovely connection to have with animals when you can kind of, when you can feel that kind of connection to them. Now
Anke: I have a really, I don't know whether it's a weird question, but like what I, when you just like Have you ever had a situation where you've done Reiki, like, virtually for a dog, and then you actually met the dog? Would they know? Like, would they, you know, it's like, will they recognize you, kind of, you know, if you were to meet them in real life?
Anne: I think they would pick up on my energy signal, because animals, and like, especially dogs, are more sensitive to energy fields than us, because, you know, their sense and, you know, their senses are more heightened than ours. And all living beings have got their own energy signature. So, if I connect to an animal, um, I don't see why they wouldn't pick up on my energy signature. Um, it would probably feel like, like familiar to them. Yeah, because of, of the of the sessions I do.
Anke: Love that, love that. So where can people go and connect with you? Funny you used the word I didn't expect. You know, book a session or find out more about you. What's
Anne: the best place to go? So the best place is Facebook. So if you search for me, I'm Bool. My profile picture is of me with my cat. Um, so you'll be able to see when you, when you click on onto my profile, there's a banner on the side, um, that explains more about, um, my background with animals. Um, I do also have a free Facebook group called Reiki for Pets and Humans. Cool. I'll put the link
Anke: to that here as well. So, I mean, you know, basically the link to the Facebook profile, Anke, we're going to be, if you're watching it, it'll be above and if you're listening on the podcast, it'll be in the show notes.
Anne: Yeah. So, um, they can contact me there and I also have a pinned post that lists all the sessions, um, I have. Yes. I can do single sessions or there's a block of three sessions that people can book. And when would you choose
Anke: one over the other?
Anne: Um, normally the people I've had sessions with before, they tend to move on to the block of three sessions. And I can discuss with them when it's, you know, when they would like their, their dog to have the sessions. Um, you know, you, you don't have to have them like every week if you don't want to, so they can kind of bank them and use them when they feel, Oh yeah, I want my dog to have a bit of a top up Reiki session. Um, so it's very flexible. Um, I work with the owner and when it suits the owner for me to do the session. Love it. Well, thank you.
Anke: Thank you so much. I mean, even hanging out with you, it's just like a calming, calming energy. So it's lovely to even, even be in this space with you. And, um, so yeah, I mean, you know, do your animal and yourself a favor and get yourself some Reiki. So thanks Anne for
Anne: coming. Thank you. Thank you so much for inviting me and, uh, yeah, pleasure to be here. And, um, yeah, if anyone is interested and, uh, feel free to reach out. Thanks so much for listening. If you enjoyed the episode, don't forget to subscribe, and leave a review so other dog lovers can find the show. If you haven't already, head over to soul touched by dogs. com and sign up for weekly doggy cuteness tips, recommendations, and personal stories to warm your dog loving heart. And if you know a pawsome human you think I should interview, I'd love an introduction. Email me at Anke. That's A N k E at Soul touched by dogs.com.