Today’s guest is Brendan Hufford. Brendan is a dad, husband, and entrepreneur, and has spent many years trying different things. With a background in education, he spent a decade as a teacher. On the side, he did product reviews for his website and blogs. Somewhere in there he also started a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu company, called OK! Kimonos, which he later sold.
“How do I price so I can get the work done, have enough margin for me, but also bring it back? I don’t want the most money out of them — I want as little money as possible so that the ROI is much bigger.” ~ Brendan Hufford
In this episode Brendan talked about:
- How to price your services
- How to find information with the highest impact
- How to see red flags and avoid stressful client relationships
- When using value-based pricing, it’s important to look for techniques that require less time but produce more results overall. Getting rich isn’t the goal, but rather, increasing ROI through word of mouth, spread by happy clients.
- Joining SEO communities is a great way to find mentors and helpful information from industry professionals and newcomers alike. But make sure to interact and engage with what you’re learning.
- Finding clients that are a good fit can’t be overstated. Use a system to qualify new potential clients. No amount of money can make up for the constant stress that comes from incompatible client relationships.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.