We all have an inner commentator. The running dialogue in our head that is, to borrow a sports analogy, our inner commentator. Can your coach recognize it and work it? Are you self-aware and skilled enough to recognize it and turn it off to prevent the commentator from causing you to plateau in your tennis development?
In this episode, we continue to take apart the internal commentator to figure out how to work with it instead of against it.
Here is what we have so far:
- Slow down your transfer of personal data - you, not your student is skilled in tennis techniques, movement, strategy - they process slower
- Narrow down the choices a student will have to choose from
- Watch for the outward expressions of understanding or confusion and be ready to roll with it
- Keep in mind what kind of student they are-will to connect, conquer, know, or serve
- Question whether they have the will to work on what you want - if they don't ask them what part of it they want (their will) to work on
- Work on it together
Thanks for joining us on our journey!
What is Tennis Rockers?
Are you ready to re-imagine and reconstruct the way you realize not just the game of tennis but all the other ways you compete in life? Tennis Rockers pull together beliefs, concepts, ideas, people, and values from a cross-section of multi-disciplinary fields for the purpose of doing things a little different. Tennis Rockers don't just want to change the game, they want to help people think about changing how they see and live their lives.
Coach Claude and coach Sully cordially invite you to put the pedal to the metal and join an unconventional conversation on tennis and life. Nothing good comes from standing still.