In this episode, Mike and Eric provide some advice on how to find balance with our smartphone and social media usage.
- 05:48 - How to reduce your usage of smartphones
- 15:25 - A solution for mindless scrolling when you’re bored
- 18:23 - The importance of being bored
- 22:54 - Smartphone peer pressure at school
- 27:18 - Limiting screen time with other devices
- 32:43 - Digital detox
- 35:39 - Tips for doing your own digital detox
- 40:44 - Why you shouldn’t watch the news
- 48:48 - Long form journalism vs. daily news
- 54:07 - Self-imposing rules for digital usage
- 56:33 - Recommended reading
- 59:19 - Where to begin managing your own digital usage
- 1:03:11 - Final thoughts
- Brain Chains by Theo Compernolle
- Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism
- Nudge by Richard H. Thaler & Cass R. Sunstein
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
What is The Wholistique Show?
On The Wholistique Show we explore how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life.
No topic about the human body, brain, or the pursuit of achieving your best life is off-limits.The core focus of the show is empower you to make proactive choices about health, by providing holistic information and alternative viewpoints to mainstream thinking. With personal stories as well as conversations with wellness practitioners and experts who have unique or research-based perspectives on mental health and physical well-being.
We look forward to inspire and empower you to unleash your best, most authentic self.