Dialogue is the most important part of fiction, and the one thing you can’t afford to screw up. We’re talking about communication and character dialogue - How we convey our characters through communication to drive the story and reveal character traits readers can relate with.
Are you from Mars, Venus or some place in between?
Creativity Prompt: The thirst for truth in our books is greater than ever. What truths will you bring to your manuscript today?
- The Most Important Part of Your Story Is the Dialogue: https://www.hiddengemsbooks.com/most-important-part-of-story-is-dialogue/
- Men/women communication: 5 Ways Men & Women Communicate Differently: https://psychcentral.com/blog/6-ways-men-and-women-communicate-differently/
- 8 Crucial Ways Men And Women Communicate Differently: https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/7282/men-women-communicate-differently/
- NY Book Editors Tips for writing great dialogue: https://nybookeditors.com/2017/05/your-guide-to-writing-better-dialogue/
- Corey Wayne - How Men and Women Communicate Differently: https://youtu.be/Dugka_UssTM
- Wordslut: A Feminist Guide to Taking Back the English Language: https://www.amazon.com/Wordslut-Feminist-Taking-English-Language-ebook/dp/B07M8HSMG2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=wordslut&qid=1571721414&s=digital-text&sr=1-1
- You can also find us at: https://whisperinginkpress.com/creative-writing-energy/
- Grab your copy of Creative Writing Energy for less than a dollar: https://books2read.com/u/mBQDxk
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/energy_writing
- Events: WriteHive Writer Convention 2020: https://whisperinginkpress.com/resources-for-writers/events/
CREATIVE WRITING ENERGY PODCAST – EPISODE 5 – MEN, WOMEN & STORY – A DEEP DIVE INTO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE SEXES
What is Creative Writing Energy ?
Conversations about the writer’s life, craft and alternative practices with Kim Petersen and Catherine Evans.