In Episode 37, Alex Proimos speaks with Jack Gray now semi-retired but was the former co-head of asset allocation at GMO Boston, chief investment officer at SunSuper, executive director at AMP Asset Management, adjunct professor of finance at the Centre for Investment Management Research at the University of Technology, Sydney and director and special advisor to Brookvine.
All views expressed on this podcast are subject to change and do not necessarily reflect the views of Conexus Financial. This podcast is for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon as investment advice.
- Are super funds set up to deliver real long term performance? Moreover, how will scale impact their decision-making?
- Is there anything that we can learn from the great investors of the past that could apply to super funds?
- How to blend the competing forces of business and art?
- Why relative performance is a fool's game?
- Why is doing nothing not good enough?
- How to balance short term uncertainty with long-term structural market regime changes?
- Are boards equipped to understand what the critical decisions to make are?
- How do we instil courage into the decision-makers?
- Do super funds have the right approach to ESG and climate change?
What is Market Narratives?
Market Narratives is a podcast series hosted by Alex Proimos, head of institutional content, at Investment Magazine that features unorthodox conversations with thought leaders influencing the world of fiduciary investors.
Investment Magazine is the leading publication for Australia's $3 trillion superannuation industry. It provides trusted news, analysis and editorial on the issues impacting superannuation funds, such as regulation, asset allocation, portfolio construction, governance, as they strive to secure better retirement outcomes for their members.