Get ready! This podcast episode I had the pleasure of bringing on Tom from @pancake_analytics and we get super data nerdy. If you know me, you know that I work in data all day every day so bringing on a data scientist was an absolute no brainer. We get into Data Science, Machine Learning, Models, AI and we apply it to hobby collectibles!
You can find Tom here:
- IG - https://www.instagram.com/pancake_analytics/
- Website - https://pancakebreakfaststats.com/
- Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk3mHuN3TwfFTHsJRcsHfzg?view_as=subscriber
- Facebook - https://pancakebreakfaststats.com/
- His Book - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZQ3NVLX/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pokemon+data+science&qid=1616522638&sr=8-2
- Intro | 0:00:00
- How hard it REALLY is to track card sales and value accurately | 0:03:27
- Fraud and outliers in data science | 0:15:15
- Trust but verify | 0:20:03
- Tom’s 25 Year sweet spot hypothesis | 0:32:57
- Data variables | 0:48:40
- Teaching AI to make sales projections | 0:51:35
- Marvel and Pokemon | 0:58:48
- “We need access to the data” - it’s hard to assess value | 1:06:58
- Moving into data science | 1:23:20
What is Geeked Out Collecting?
At Geeked Out Collecting podcast we apply financial and investing principles to our hobby collecting - from trading card games like Pokemon and Magic the Gathering to Comic books and Funko Pops, we do it all. The goal is to turn dusty hobby collections into profitable nest eggs.
Find us on: www.geekedoutcollecting.com