Vriti Saraf is the CEO & founder of k20 Educators where she builds metaverse spaces for learning. She is also a co-founder of the first community organization on blockchain for educators, by educators, called Ed3 DAO. Both organizations aim to reimagine learning.
Vriti has served as a teacher, a professor, a dean, & a director in public, private, & charter schools both locally & internationally across K-12 & higher education.
Join us for this conversation about Web3, what it is, how it is transforming education, and why we should embrace it.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE DISCUSS:
- Web3 and how it’s shaping the future of education.
- How blockchain allows us, instead of institutions, to own our credentials.
- Decentralized credentials and flexible learning paths.
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO) allow for democratic school environments.
- Fears and concerns about Web3.
- When educators should use virtual spaces or the metaverse.
- The benefits of hybrid learning.
- AI, ChatGPT, and how they’re teaching us what skills our students should learn.
Support our Sponsors
SchoolAI: The Classroom Operating System:
Help your teachers save 10 hours a week. Sign up for a free account and see new AI-generated experiences that will change the way you teach.Scrible:
Worried about AI Plagiarism? Take the high road and improve your students' skills before they feel the need to cheat with this modern research and writing platform for schoolFocalPointK12
: Manage student portfolios that they can take with them with blockchain technology and AI assisted grading. Listen to our interview with the founder and chief learning officer here.
What is Transformative Principal?
Jethro Jones interviews instructional leaders from around the nation to learn and teach what it takes to become a transformative principal. Episodes address topics like Response to Intervention (RTI), Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS), Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS), the latest advances in educational research, standards-based grading, and interviews with industry leaders like Bill Daggett, Rick Wormeli, Todd Whitaker and even people outside the education like Seth Godin, JeVon McCormick, Liz Wiseman, and more.