In this episode, Adam talks to Leslie Cohn-Wein and Rafael Conde about designing and implementing new UI features at Netlify.
- Creating pixel-perfect mockups in advance vs. designing and implementing in tandem
- Working with existing JS libraries for interactive UI features vs. hand-rolling a custom implementation from scratch
- How design systems play into the design process at Netlify, and how mockups aren't meant to implemented pixel-for-pixel
- What tools Netlify uses to design new features and manage the design process
- What technologies Netlify uses to keep their UI consistent
- Using modern CSS features like CSS grid
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.