Tim: You are now entering Armbar Audio.
John: What is going on? People welcome to another episode of hornbill audio. It's a special late night live stream episode of armbar audio. John terns, AKA JJ is the Wiz for those of you that follow me on my regular Twitter and also know a little bit about my gaming stuff that I do. I don't expect anybody to do, but you know, I try to promote it when I can, uh, Annie way I'm joined as always. Uh, by my partner, Brody chain, sorry. Uh, yeah, I've figured today was the day to bust this old bad boy out for the, for the, uh, shell, because we just witnessed history. John didn't we and the K all fucking day. Um, DK equals I'm bringing up chat to see if anybody's us, uh, nerdy. Mark says, oh shit, someone broke into Tim's house.
Tim: Nope. It's just, it's part of the MDK gang.
John: Well, uh, you know what they're saying about. It's all fucking, oh yeah. All right. So, uh, we just got done watching the world on GC w from the legendary venue, the Hammerstein ballroom at the Manhattan center in New York city. It was Tim the whole time. Um, so we got. Lots of good matches on this chart, we saw the pre-show was available for free on YouTube feature, the battle Royal, uh, Tim run down some of the news that we saw in the battle
Tim: Royal while we saw, uh, indie wrestling hall of fame
John: hall of fame show is worth a checkout as well. It was pretty good. Lots of stuff that I didn't know.
Tim: Uh, I didn't see Jerry Lynn's part yet, but anyway, uh, we had dark chic, um, rhetoric, uh, Cole radder Charles Mason of JC w um, thunder, Rossa arrow. Uh, big Toca fucking juicy for now. Uh, KTB was back and I was very cool, I would say. And for the longest time, right. Um, there was Yo-Kai, uh, Janai and, um, yo uh, Marcus Mathers was there. And so. You know, yoga and Janai were there. And Marcus was there. I was expecting Billy Starks, but she, she wasn't, uh, involved, uh,
John: let's
Tim: see, uh, big VIN, big fucking VIN. Uh, he wrestles a lot violence and suffering and JCW as well. And I found out today that he is 9 1 1 son, which makes a lot of fucking sense. Um, Yeah. Uh, I mean, there was a shit ton of people, dude. Like basically everybody they didn't have in the other messages, you
John: know, then of course, uh, after the battle Royal, which was won by big Ben, which was a welcome,
Tim: I loved the booking of the final four you had so, and thunder road. So whichever. Like, I want them to wrestle anyway. Like I want that to happen. Charles Mason and big van and, you know, big fin has the legacy. Mason's a up and coming heel. He really reminds me of a more sadistic, uh, MJF. I really liked that those four wrestlers were in there at the end. Yeah. I would
John: absolutely love to see the Festo have some more involvement with GCU w if at all possible
Tim: I'm sure. I'm sure it will happen. Uh, after
John: the battle Royal, we had district match. Can't have Jesus w show without caramel match Hammerstein, no different, uh, the scramble match pity. One ninja fuck match against one. The soft start out saying against one and helped me out to him. It was a long show.
Tim: Well, I'll tell you Leon ninja. Fuck Mac, uh, Shane Mercer, whoever the fuck you said. I don't remember
John: as a ninja man. Don't tell we on Shane. Uh, I say, I just said, Alex, that's what I said, Jimmy Lloyd. I think that was, it was that six.
Tim: Was that it, or was Jimmy lawyer in the ladder match? Oh
John: yeah. Jimmy liberals environments, but we'll get into that. You know what? I'm going to pull up the card. Hey,
Tim: I got it. Yeah, it's going off the rails
John: already
Tim: in the match. And they did a bunch of things. Uh, Jack Cartwell, Leon grimmer was the one we had and that was, we missed winter, winter. Apparently Nick Wayne was supposed to be there, but he was not. That's a shame.
John: I wonder why,
Tim: I wonder if there's.
John: We talked about young billion, not being on the chart. I wonder if that's another weird fucking New York wrestling rule
Tim: maybe, but I think Marcus is young to this fucking match ruled. I fucking love how they have like all these, like. Spot monkeys and, uh, you know, flippers, and then you throw someone like shamers fucking world every time. Uh, you know, if you watch GC w you know what these guys imposed, it's going to be great match. Alex Zane was wearing personally my favorite color combination, light blue, and
John: I saw your tweet about him. He showed up. What'd you say draped up and tripped out?
Tim: Yeah, it's a Southern rap song. No, boom. Talk about
John: man. Walked up just like me and walked up. Just like, just like a fire sauce packet, dude. I thought
Tim: he was fucking godfather for a sec
John: with a sauce.
Tim: Right. But, uh, this match was won by New York own ground reefer. And, and that was pretty grad, you know, Of course, he had to pull out the joint and smoke it, which is the thing you're
John: allowed to do that New York can't do anything the fuck else.
Tim: It might just be,
John: uh, also on the pre-show providing commentary efforts during the breaks was friend of the show Del Mar, which was fucking awesome. Or finally, they're awesome to see polio finally there, she talked to when we had her on the show. Uh, yeah. Him, because it was not it was the alter ego, but yeah. Uh, he talked about wanting to be involved with TCW, so it's awesome to find out. Get that chance
Tim: now. So, uh, and then they intro to everybody for the ladder match before going to the main show. And we had, we had for the grab, the brass ring, um, ladder match. Yeah. Jimmy Lloyd, Jordan Oliver, PCO fucking Hey myself. You had it a second, Alex cologne and replacing Leo rush was the motherfucking truth agent.
John: Yeah.
Tim: Oh, you're right. Well, then when he came
John: out, he was added because of Eddie. Gaston's unfortunate, uh, injury. She has a, Hey, I'm here to fuck somebody up because Eddie, he's not here.
Tim: That's what he's known for though is not playing around in this match. He did like some crazy shit, uh, with the ladder. And, uh, he had like a package pile driver on it. He like did a flying cross body with one or something like that. Everybody in this match and the scramble match just really threw it all out. I mean, like the beginning of the show, uh, from the Brie show, from the beginning of the free show to. All the way through the Lucia match that happened after this. Like, it was just balls to the wall. Um, but AIJ gray got the brass ring, which we are all having. So those first three matches you had the legacy guy kind of big man. You had, you had the, a legacy guy. Grim reefer. And then you have the legacy guy AIJ gray when, uh, so it seemed to me like, oh, okay. GC w is going to be putting over their home grown and like, you know, however you want to call it talent. Um, the next match was team gringo, Loco against team Bandido and that shit was fucking bananas.
John: To be perfectly
Tim: honest, Aries Laredo, kid monitor for me to gringo Loco Benzino they all went nuts. And like I said, You know, I saw your tweet about this is the most dangerous chicken I ever saw. And it's funny cause I was messaging set at the time and I
John: said, very dangerous game of chicken with the triple stack fight,
Tim: like jumped up onto the top, did like a backflip kick the flamingos facing and flipped on the people which was train and. Who won the match, gringo Loco legacy guy. So it was like, okay, all right.
John: At this point, the show takes a bizarre, bizarre turn.
Tim: Yeah. Like what I was saying earlier, John, from the pre show, from the beginning of the pre-show through this match, it was just balls to the wall, high octane up, up, up, up, we're going up. We're just going to stay straight. Of course, no peaks and valleys. And then we get Donella and Cardona and then you'll. I mean, there was, there was some good psychology. The two guys didn't wrestle bad or anything like that, but one, it was. There was too many people involved that did not have to be involved. The only one that made sense was
John: the one. Yeah. And I understand, I saw some takes, uh, that it was like parodying, WWE type booking, but if that's what they were going for, make it a little more obvious.
Tim: Um, yeah. Well, I mean, swaddle in the fucking outfit kind
John: of.
Tim: Even though we love Sam. I don't
John: know why Sam was there, but I love Sam stack house because he's involved with George Noah. They're on a team. Brian Myers made sense because of the edge, the edge heads connection.
Tim: Well, not just that, but like we
John: all best friends. They have the toy review show and all that, but yeah, uh, Way too fucking long and way too fucking
Tim: much fucking wrong. The whole mark Sterling part was annoying. Like stupid Virgil
John: showing up in a district man mass. Uh, one has been, was trying to funny. Would've been way from here without Marsha only enrolled. Um, and also if it would've just been like, like really like. Yeah.
Tim: If it seemed like that whole part took way too long and it was just, it really fucked up the flow of the show for me. Uh, I do love Cordona as a hill, uh, and Chelsea is great as well. Definitely. We should have
John: stuck with her.
Tim: Yeah. She, when she hit, uh, Cardona and then. And then it was, that was, that was fun. But, um, you know, Janella losing kind of pissed me off. There was a couple of results in this show that pissed me off because like I said earlier, it felt like GCs w we're putting over there are people. So what the fuck, but I mean, I guess Cardona is one of their people now. You know, in the Hammerstein thing, you know, you're great, but you're not a main event or good luck in your future. Uh,
John: if this, if, if Janella and Cardona is going to continue fine, keep it between them only give me Brian miners and Cardona versus Marco and Genoa. If Marco's fully back the wrestling. Uh, I hope this doesn't mean that the voice didn't work out. That's just the, that's another thing that's on my mind. Uh,
Tim: well, no, I mean, you can't have the biggest GC. I kind of felt like that going into it. I was like, it's kind of sucks that Marco isn't going to be there. So seeing him there. Very cool. Very happy
John: there was,
Tim: oh, we didn't even talk about Dickinson.
John: I figured since we skipped it, we'll talk about that as the end, because that was like, that was a personal highlight of the entire evening for me, that whole little bit,
Tim: but yeah. Um,
John: yeah, I, I don't want to linger. On this too long, we did
Tim: well. Yeah, for all the time they spent on this match, they could have put it into the rest of the show, put it into the last two matches.
John: Give us Cardona and buyers versus Genoa and Marco or endless
Tim: please.
John: Okay. Moving on. What was
Tim: next? Then, uh, I believe it went from that, uh, Allie. And so
John: which, uh, that batch left a bad taste in some people's mouths that I do not in any way, shape or form agree with I've
Tim: I felt it was, it was okay. Like it was a decent match, but I personally. They expected a little bit more. I
John: really think everything after
Tim: alleys should have all that build all that. That
John: promo bill.
Tim: That's what I mean like that. And plus like, you know, going through Kylie Ray wrestling, thunder, Rossa, everything that she's done for the past year or so, uh, you know, or more. Uh, it kind of mirrored what Lou Festo was saying in her speech about being one of the boys, being a wrestler, being accepted by everybody and wrestling everybody. And then they have the promo where like, you know, she missed out on so much and she wanted this match for so long. And she's your homegrown? And she loses
John: and like short, you could say, oh, well they might have a rematch, but yeah, they might. But it was the Hammerstein show. It was the biggest challenges, WWE history, like literally statistically the biggest challenges w history I
Tim: should have. Yeah. Speaking of should have won the next match though. Fuck Jeff. Jared says that these guys and girls aren't the last Outlaws. I'm the real last outlaw F he doesn't want
John: the.
Tim: But Jeff Jarrett attacked the alley. Okay. Half of bluesy, uh, with Effie and F we gave him what he wanted and you know, this wasn't terrible. Effie came out, you know, in both matches. Both members of bushy came in. Uh, still loved, still revered. And you know, I would say Effie probably got more fans tonight, uh, than he has in awhile because of the Rachel this show and the antiques he pulled against Jeff Jarrett. Why did Jeff Jarrett win beats me? I don't, I don't know, like, are they going to do this because here's the thing. You know, we see, we see older wrestlers come back and you hear a chance of you still got it. And shit, I didn't hear that at all during this match, but Jeff Jaris, he played it as kind of a brawler and he knew he was in GC. So he was going to get. And I can't knock how wrestled the match made. Perfect sense. It just,
John: I don't,
Tim: I don't know where it's going and I just hope it it's going somewhere good. But this begs the questions on is bushy fonts is every fine, because to me, those are two of your biggest things. And you gave the winds to ven. You gave the winds to grim reefer, AIJ fucking gringo. Uh, you know, and then you, your stiff Janella Allie and
John: I don't know, Genoa pretty much RGC w
Tim: aside from a couple other names that we'll get into. Wait,
John: what
Tim: happened? What,
John: what, what did toward Dona angelic cause that like it shifted the time space continuum, and all of a sudden these matches were not being booked for the Jesus. That would be fans.
Tim: Honestly. That's what I'm saying. Like this cluster of three matches took this paper. From what would have been a plus to probably a B high side opinion.
John: I see. Yeah. But yeah.
Tim: Um, yeah, I agree with you. I see. I was saying a beat just cause I didn't want you to chew my fucking ass
John: by minus
Tim: yeah. In there. Uh, then we got
John: back when I was telling you what, like those three matches kinda made me. That love JCW. And we're telling everybody, Hey, you got to watch the show. It's their biggest show you got to. If you haven't seen it, if you haven't seen it, I don't give a shit either,
Tim: but wait, let me.
John: These three matches. You're talking about Effie, talking about Ali, talking about Cardona Janella, uh, diehard, just w fans like you like me, like a bunch of our friends on Twitter. Uh, we're hyping this show up telling people, Hey, if you don't know, you w get this show, it's their biggest show yet. And to people that have never seen JCW, these matches made us book.
Tim: In migraine, but before these three matches totally forgot. We talked about Leo Russ being replaced while Leo rushed didn't have a place on this card. Apparently Jonathan Gresham could not make it to defend Lu Roe title because I, I heard that Jordan, grace might have a code maybe for something. Uh, Blake Christian wrestled one of his best nemesises Leo rush in a fucking fantastic match. Camilla
John: Corolla says what the hell? Jeff Jarrett is still wrestling. And one, exactly,
Tim: exactly how mean I pop wherever Jared first came to GW. I didn't
John: know it was going to be a fucking program.
Tim: Well, even if it. Like, how do you have the biggest show and not put your dude over? I, I don't, I don't get it. I don't get that. Right. Especially after Waterdale said, but we'll get to that. We'll talk about all of the non matches after this, all this that happened. Um, so yeah, Leo rush and Blake Christian put on fucking banger, fucking ruled. You know, Leo rush is a very controversial figure in wrestling. Uh, people, uh, either love them or hate them. And, uh, I love him, you know, um, seems like, you know, he's done with a w and, you know, whatever, you know, if it didn't work out for him, it didn't work out for him. That doesn't mean he's obviously not. He's been he's on the end. These who cares. Um, The other thing is John, after these three match, those three matches. We were talking about, we got back on track with the world championship, John fucking Moxley, uh, against homicide. And this match, uh, was better than I expected because the last few times I saw homicide, I didn't think he still. Could produce a decent match that much on his own, but, uh, you know, Jon Moxley looks 10 years younger. He looks great. Um, you
John: really, it's going to be difficult for anybody to horse my horse. My buzz, when I see John Moxley wrestle right now.
Tim: And how about that chance? Whenever the fucking, whenever it's fuck. Uh, so, you know, uh, Moxley retained and you know, me and you were talking and I'm like, you know, I don't buy the whole mocks. I mean, the whole MDK isn't gcwr anymore. There's heat between them. And he's not on the show. I said, we're actually going to retain, Paige is going to come out and carve them. And that didn't happen. And then we started thinking,
John: is this like, what is going on? What the fuck are they doing? Like, we both thought we both thought we're both doing, what the fuck are they doing?
Tim: And putting that match there made me forget about 10 times. So then I'm going, like, what the fuck? And then they say, oh, the tag titles are up and you know, I'm fucking. Right, right. And I'm like, I'm wondering if it's FTR, but FTR came out and attacked them on ring of honor. FTR kind of has that cornet mentality of this being beneath them. So it made sense for them not to be there. Um, I said earlier in the week, maybe RSP in Kogarah, but something happened with Kogarah earlier in the show that we'll talk about. Uh, and then, you know, we got Trimont come out and I was like, okay, this is fucking, we watched Fremont engage against riddle and fucking Tom Lawler. We know that Trimont engage her like the biggest names in American death match scene. Trimont just came back from a long hike. And he had that amazing match against AIJ gray and violence and suffering, which gage was on the fucking commentary booth for it. And he was putting over to Vermont so much and everyone's looking, everyone's looking and waiting. And all of a sudden you had a who's that guy. Yeah. He came out and I'm like, fuck. Yes. And then fucking for whom the bell tools came on and you know, this match was what I expected, but a little bit shorter, you know, uh, you got guys throwing chairs at each other, breaking the table, breaking fucking. Doors on each other's heads, pile drivers, you know, this, that the other Nick gauge covered mark Briscoe. And it looked like Jay had broken it up, but they called the man. And, uh, afterwards we got gauge on the microphone and John, you can talk about that
John: on the mic. And of course, how does he start it off? Where's my. Huge pop, huge pop saying, I'm going to say there was a huge pop, but it wasn't big enough for the chain they gauge. It never is a mother fucking crowd goes bananas, entire fucking locker room pours out into. I thought the ship was falling down. Uh, um, he talks about, fuck, I don't remember.
Tim: Yeah. Basically just put over how Jesus he was the best promoter and then at 70 K all fucking day. And that's all you all. We, all we were waiting for was Nicki. Because you cannot say GC w and not think of big change, that's it. But outside of the matches, uh, on the pre-show we had Brett Lauderdale and Chris Dickinson come out, Dickinson, uh, gave a really good speech and talked about. You know, it w he said it wasn't ring of honor. It wasn't evolve. It wasn't beyond wrestling. It was GC fucking w who gave me the mic in the middle of this ring, in my hometown. And, uh, he said, he's coming back spring break weekend. Um, you know, he was injured with a leg injury that happened in new Japan, strong, I believe at battle of the valley. That's what happened. And then Lauderdale took the mic and, um, Just said everything. We wanted to hear absolutely Lauderdale and said, we're going to make wrestling as gay, as gay as possible. And like he put over Allie that's, that's the thing like in his speech, he put over Allie and Effie specifically. So yeah, like
John: definitely some confusion.
Tim: Cause he was saying how there's been a million GC W's and then he said, you're going to look at that locker room and tell me there's a million Allie catches,
John: hold on, hold on. What the hell? Shut
Tim: up. But yeah, he was saying that and I'm talking about the JCW beginnings and everything like that. Like a really good promoter didn't mention gates. Right. And you know, the whole show. And then another segment we had, somebody else came down,
John: right? It was the one, normally the one and only, oh, Mansour is a simple John man.
Tim: I was a little TIFF that they didn't play that song, but it's all right. It would have taken way too long. I
John: thought it was funny how they played it. Uh, I thought it was funny how they played it right before the hall of fame show went on. And then tonight he came back. Right. I love that. It was like that, that was like a little tease, I think.
Tim: I believe, I believe you're correct. And you know, a man's came back and he was talking up GC w and how much he loved it. And of course, anytime somebody grabs a mic and doesn't have a match. This man has to insert himself.
John: Oh, well, it's none other than representing the four, four. Oh, the silver teeth, Satan, Atticus Kogarah.
Tim: Yep. And, uh, you know, he, he was saying, fuck, GC w and SGC are just Lauderdale sent snakes were the real Outlaws of GC w and blah, blah, blah, blah. And Mansour said, you know, I might, the doctor said I couldn't wrestle, but he didn't say I couldn't be in a punk bitch. You know, they start fighting for four oh, And put a whooping on Mansour. You got Matthew Justice, come down. Then the lights went out and I'm thinking, oh shit, like, is this going to be RSP? And he's going to put Koger in his place, which would have been awesome. But no, it was from the. If you've watched the most notorious, we had Gregory shit with someone. He did not want to
John: started shooting with somebody. He shouldn't have, it was Sabu accompanied by bill Fonzo, which was funny because Atmos notorious, uh, Greg irons did the whistle thing and made people think it was bill Alfonso, but it was fucking him.
Tim: And then Alfonzo hit him with a chair then DVT his ass. But, uh, so we got that feel good moment in from what it looked like, you know, uh, if Dickinson's coming back around spring break, Mansour may be earlier or around the same time. Cause you know, he moved around, he took bumps the fuck, but uh, all in all, you know, I think that, you know, you have people maybe turning into tuning into gcwr for the first time and seeing Ruby and Jeff Jarrett when may sway more viewers. Um, but that those three matches like. Took away from this paper view for different
John: reasons. And it's really unfortunate because I do, we both do. We've loved just w we're gcwr till we fucking die. Um, I mean, fuck, how many other shows have we sponsor? And we're not going to stop because of this. That that'd be stupid. You can't wait this solely a whole fucking, uh, Y love that you have for this thing. And we didn't provide criticism because we're, we're consumers just like anyone else. And because we love this so much, we can be awake. Maybe that wasn't the best thing they could have done. It doesn't mean that it was shit. It doesn't right. This
Tim: went from a plus to a, B minus. It could have been, it could have been, uh, you know, the high mark of 20, 22, but luckily it's only January. Um, so John, I do have some questions for you.
John: Um,
Tim: do you think that GC w. You know, they make homecoming weekend and annual things, spring break and annual thing. Um, the show during many, a weekend, an annual thing, the collective and the annual thing. Do you think that GC w will make the Hammerstein show and the annual thing that would make
John: me very happy? I hope they do. I hope they're able to, uh, 'cause like th this was legendary. This was the biggest independent show in history. If you're not counting all win, um, and looking at where AWS is now, I don't know if I am Johnny roll-in anymore. I don't know. I know. Uh, yeah. Yeah, definitely more to love than to not I'll
Tim: say that. I agree. Yeah. I liked the little idea of the hall of fame, you know, uh, they really paid to be an annual thing who really fucking deserved it. Yeah. That needs to be in the presenters were fantastic as well. Um, I, my other questions are. Where, where do you think the stories are going?
John: Huh? That's interesting. Uh, well, we're definitely getting, we're definitely getting SGC versus some formation of four, four. Oh, it's spring break. Um, I really hope RSP comes back someday. And put split stroke are in his place. Uh, because Kroger is out here picking battles that I don't think for forever, it needs to be picking. I
Tim: mean, objectively Kogarah is very good. Yeah. And it was kind of a shame that he didn't have a match, but, you know, I, we all thought that they were going to have all over in Kogarah happened in Hammerstein, and then he blew their load early and changed it up. And that Matt should have happened in Hammerstein. Those two are the young, the young goats. Of JCW, but they made up for it. You know, Oliver had his good, good moments in that match and Atticus doing what he did was, you know, um, but yeah, RSP, I don't know where you are, but you need to come back. You
John: are
Tim: their stomach that they could do, you know? Um, but. Uh,
John: maybe, maybe we get Bossi versus Jeff Jarrett and a partner at some point.
Tim: Yeah. Who, I don't know. We'd have to bring in. Well, she never wrestled, right?
John: Karen Jarrett? No. Yeah, no,
Tim: please. Don't please. Don't I don't need to hear,
John: I don't know. Allie, do you think Ruby will continue to?
Tim: I would love to see Kylie Ray again. That'd be cool. And since she works for NWA, Jared's history. The NWA
John: says, please have, don't get beat down big time. Tired of him winning
Tim: at, beyond wrestling day 91. RSP beats the shit. Yeah, because if RSP didn't do the things that he did with gage, Cordona, wouldn't have a fucking leg to stand on. Absolutely. And independent wrestling, but, uh, anyway, um, Final thoughts, John
John: final thoughts? Uh, I still enjoyed the show. It was very enjoyable. Um, I, I, I don't regret. I never regret. Never have regretted. Probably never will regret, uh, purchasing a GTW show.
Tim: This was not the worst ECW show I've watched. No, not at all. We're just critiquing. So much because it was
John: hyped or by which as much as it was. Yeah.
Tim: I mean, honestly say you will beat the fuck out of most notorious. Most joyous looked like God damn preschooler next to Greg from say, you will. And that happened. They, after like, come on.
John: Does it mean it doesn't mean you stop supporting
Tim: no
John: fucking fucking day. Anytime they engage once a match and John Marcy wins a match, nothing else might as well happen
Tim: wherever you are in the world. Whether it's morning, noon, or night, you have a great one.
John: Bang.