Machinery Pete talks with Kurt Miller, Director of Used Equipment for Heritage Tractor, a 21-store John Deere dealership in MO, AR, KS, NE and OK, about their unique new -1% Finance Program (They Pay You!) on any of 65 used combines they have for sale. Since the program started three weeks ago, they've already sold 22 combines. Pete and Kurt also talk about the latest trends in the farm equipment market through the crazy year of 2020. Pete ends the episode with a shout-out to an inspirational hero of his, a Minnesota legend, who recently passed away at the age of 100.
- [:30] - Machinery Pete gives an update on what’s been happening on MPTV
- [1:48] - 2020 Machinery Pete Thanksgiving Cyber Sale
- [2:33] - Preview of interview with Kurt Miller
- [4:45] - Conversation with Kurt begins
- [6:20] - Heritage Tractor’s equipment in the Cyber Sale
- [7:12] - Negative interest promo on combines
- [20:50] - Used equipment trends in 2020
- [28:35] - How did Kurt get into the farm equipment business?
- [31:15] - Advice for young people getting into the business
- [33:37] - Crossfit and health
- [38:17] - Heart of Heritage
- [43:49] - Final words from Machinery Pete, Sid Hartman Tribute, Thanksgiving words of wisdom
What is Machinery Pete Podcast?
Welcome to the Machinery Pete Podcast hosted by Greg Peterson, known to the industry as Machinery Pete. For over 30 years, Greg has been a trusted source of knowledge in the farming equipment industry. Starting with a gut feeling, Greg set off to bring more and better data to the agriculture space. He’s been a voice you can trust, no matter where you’re listening or reading.
In this podcast, Greg will be sharing stories and conversations from around the industry. The kinds of conversations that are longer and more meaningful than just a few soundbites. He’ll be adding context and color to stories from good people that make up the agriculture space. He’ll also be sharing the types of insights, trends, farming news and used farm equipment values from around the country that you’ve come to expect from him.
Founded in 1989 by Greg Peterson, Machinery Pete has come a long way since its beginnings in Greg Peterson’s home office in Rochester, Minnesota where he passionately researched, tracked and reported on auction prices. In 2014 Farm Journal and Machinery Pete partnered to provide a more efficient marketplace for buying and selling used ag equipment.
In July of 2015, MachineryPete.com launched its marketplace with leading-edge marketing solutions for dealers, informed and built with the online equipment shopper in mind and creates meaningful connections between buyers and sellers. The company is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
You can find out more at https://www.machinerypete.com/podcasts