In this episode, I dive into the world of radio and podcasting with one of the leading experts in audio — James Mulvany. James is the Founder of Radio.co, Podcast.co, and MatchMaker.fm.
- The difference between radio station management and podcasting
- His views on radio VS podcast and why he thinks radio is still around and as popular as ever
- The rise of internet radio and the kinds of brands that utilize it
- Why he thinks it’s still a great time to go into podcasting
- Discoverability as one of the biggest challenges that still plagues podcasters
- His advice on podcast dos and dont’s as well as how to engage listeners to make sure the podcast actually gives them value
- How to monetize a podcast
- Podcast differentiation best practices like segmentation that will help your show stand out
- The difference between podcasting for brands and podcasting for personal brands
- His career progression and the evolution of his three companies
- His decision to branch out to YouTube to grow his personal brand and how he balances this with his three other businesses
- How he segments his content that caters to different customer avatars on varying media types like video and audio
- His “Working Lunch” streams on LinkedIn Live
- How a partnership deal with AOL very early on in his career opened many doors in for his business and how it also became a defining wake up call when the partnership ended abruptly
- How he continues to grow and what he does to stay inspired
- How he nailed getting his Radio.co and Podcast.co URLs, how much they cost, and why he thinks it’s important to invest in making your brand memorable
- The “Three Sassy Commandments” he lives by
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.