On this episode, hosted by Natalie Novick and Andrii Degeler, we discussed the following topics:
GitLab, a devops software platform, has raised $100 million at a valuation of $1.1 billion.
- GitLab raises $100M
- How GitHub rival GitLab is building a business with just 0.1% paying customers
Interview: Dr Tanja Emmerling, principal at High-Tech Gruenderfonds
France’s fintech coup
- The Govtech Summit
- Le Swave launches its second recruitment campaign
- Scouting For Fintechs: Is French President Emmanuel Macron Keeping His Promise?
- Newly Approved ICO Framework May Turn France Into Europe’s Leading ICO Hub
- France Woos U.K. Finance as Industry Reels From Brexit Paper
- Video: Learn more about Le Swave, first Fintech incubation platform in Paris CBD
Interview: Marc-Alexander Christ, co-founder at SumUp
It's the rumours time! Bloomberg reports that Uber is talking to Deliveroo about acquisition possibilities.
- Uber Is in Early Talks to Buy Europe's Deliveroo
- Uber Eats couriers' pay protest brings traffic to a halt in central London
Events coming up in Europe:
- Angel Island, Amsterdam
- Lviv IT Arena
- Mondial.Tech, Paris
- Bits and Pretzels, Munich
- France Digitale Day, Paris
- Oslo Innovation Week
- Cybertech Europe, Rome
Recommendations from Natalie and Andrii
The true cost of the gig economy—an example of Amazon delivery drivers
- ‘Someone is going to die in this truck’: Amazon drivers and managers describe harrowing deliveries inside trucks with ‘bald tires,’ broken mirrors, and faulty brakes
- Missing wages, grueling shifts, and bottles of urine: The disturbing accounts of Amazon delivery drivers may reveal the true human cost of ‘free’ shipping
- I Delivered Packages for Amazon and It Was a Nightmare
- Amazon drivers 'work illegal hours'
- A day in the life of an Amazon delivery driver
The Point Nine Land and other content created by VCs
- The Point Nine Land blog
- Natalie’s Twitter list of VCs
- Standout post
Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
What is Tech.eu?
The Tech.eu Podcast is a show discussing the most interesting stories from the European technology scene.