In this episode, author and psychiatrist Dr. Bernie Beitman (aka Dr Coincidence) discusses his research on coincidences - those unusual, attention-getting, seemingly meaningful experiences we all occasionally have - why they happen, what they might mean, and ways to increase the likelihood of having more of them.
- An overview of the research he’s done on coincidences
- The “weird coincidence” survey that you can take
- Why coincidences are actually not unusual
- Why they happen
- When they’re likely to happen
- ‘Self-observer’ concept
- The role of curiosity and introspection
- Pattern recognition
- The meaning of meaning
- Types of coincidences
- Looking for coincidences that aren’t there
- Positive expectations
- How to increase the likelihood of coincidences
What is Lucid Cafe?
What's on the menu at Lucid Cafe? Stories of transformation; healing journeys; thought-provoking conversations about consciousness, shamanism, psychology, ethics. Hosted by Wendy Halley of Lucid Path Wellness & Healing Arts.