On this episode – a milestone as we mark the 200th(!) episode of The Productivityist Podcast – my guest is Will Henshall, CEO and founder of Focus@Will.
Will has had a 30 year notable career as a start up entrepreneur, tech inventor and musician. He founded the platinum selling 90s British pop soul band Londonbeat (he wrote Billboard #1 hit songs ‘I’ve Been Thinking About You’ and ‘Come Back’). In 1996 he started up San Francisco based Rocket Network, and invented the pro audio media transfer tool ProTools DigiDelivery, used extensively in movie post production, sold to Avid in 2003.
During our nearly hour-long conversation, we talked about the evolution of his entrepreneurial journey, attention and what distractibility has done to our productivity (and what he is doing to help combat that), the relationship between happiness and productivity, and so much more.
- I've Been Thinking About You by Londonbeat | YouTube
- The Big 5 Personality Types | Business Insider
- Can This "Neuroscience Based" Music App Really Boost Your Brain Power By 400%? | WIRED
- Dr. Ned Hallowell
- Driven to Distraction: Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder | Amazon
- Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life | Amazon
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience | Amazon
- How To Transform A Single Daily Theme Into An Everyday Focus | Productivityist
- The Power of When with Dr. Michael Breus | The Productivityist Podcast
- I've Been Thinking About You by Good Luck | YouTube
- Focus@Will (@focusatwill) | Twitter
I'd love to get feedback from you on this and past episodes of the podcast. Sharing a rating and/or review in your podcast app of choice is the fastest and easiest way to do that. And if you don't want to miss a single episode, don't forget to subscribe to the podcast today!
Thanks for listening!
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.