In this episode of the Hello Blink Show, Harris and Shawn take a look back at 2020 to talk about what worked and what didn't work for the show. They also ask listeners to respond with what they want to hear in 2021
We want to thank Cyber City Circuits for sponsoring this episode! Cyber City Circuits is an electronics shop and contract manufacturer based in Augusta, GA. Use the coupon code HELLOBLINKSHOW to receive 10% off your order of electronics or mention that you heard about them on the Hello Blink Show for a 25% discount on the assembly costs of manufacturing.
In this episode, we take a step back to look at how the show has performed over the past year. The Hello Blink Show is almost 1 year old, and we want to thank everyone who listens to the show!
Specifically, we dive into the listener and download metrics to try look for patterns to determine what worked and what did not work over the past year. Harris talks about his new podcast, "Pipeline Meeting," that specifically dives into sales process and teases his new product, Intro CRM. At the end, Harris and Shawn asks listeners to submit their own thoughts to the show about what they want to hear in 2021.
17:50 - Harris: "I think that we're doing a good job giving people exposure [and] access to what happens in the business side of the shop, which is obviously more important when it's your business."
- 1:20 - Harris talks about the reasons for moving the show hosting to Transistor.fm for the foreseeable future.
- 1:50 - Harris mentions that he has started his own podcast, "Pipeline Meeting," where he talks about the sales process and his own customer relationship management software, Intro CRM.
- 8:15 - Shawn dives into the metrics of the Hello Blink Show over the past year. We grew from only a handful of downloads to over 100 each episode.
- 12:45 - Shawn looks at the episodes that did particularly well, including SEO vs. SERP, how to become an engineering consultant, and IP clauses in contracts.
- 16:15 - Harris mentions that the practical, business-oriented topics seem to do the best.
- 18:10 - Shawn notices that when the guest had a large following, the episode had a larger number of downloads.
- 19:00 - Shawn and Harris talk about working to be inclusive on the show.
- 21:15 - Harris talks about the future plans for the show.
- 23:00 - Shawn mentions that he wants to continue covering the psychological aspects of running a small business, and Harris offers his own personal story regarding raising a family while taking on the risk of working for himself.
- 27:30 - Shawn asks audience members to give their thoughts: what do you want to hear in 2021 from the Hello Blink Show? Reach out to the show via Twitter (@HelloBlinkShow) or email (info [at] helloblinkshow [dot] com).
- 30:25 - We hear from one of our listeners, Nathan Mangar, a maker who runs tecknologg.website.
LinkedIn - Shawn Hymel
LinkedIn - Harris Kenny
Twitter - Shawn Hymel
Twitter - Harris Kenny
What is Hello Blink Show?
Welcome to the practical podcast for technical people who want to start their own company. From founding to building your business, we’re here to help.