Councillor Mike Nickel has no chill and we're joined by Tim Querengesser to talk about why a dismissive, smug tone might not be the best one to take against populists.
Plus Jon D from Ward 3 (friend of the podcast) narrowly avoids having a good idea by not thinking it all the way through.
- Cancellation of the 2020 Edmonton Folk Music Festival – Edmonton Folk Music Festival August 6-9, 2020
- Mike Nickel's "fed up" tweet
- Mike Nickel's "campaign" tweet
- Staffer who "took full responsibility" for Mike Nickel's rape joke is still managing Mike Nickel's Facebook page
- Andrew Knack: Facts Still Matter
- Edmonton council dustup could lead to a code of conduct investigation
- Jon Dziadyk's firefighter post
- Jon Dziadyk's letter
- Mack's tweet re: emergency powers
- Mack's tweet re: unanimity
- Coming to your feed on April 28!
- What the pandemic can teach us about the climate crisis
- Covering Climate Now
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.