In this episode, Adam talks to Benedikt Deicke about building Userlist.io, a new email automation product for SaaS businesses that he recently launched with his co-founder Jane Portman.
- The risks and technical challenges of building client-side API integrations and why Benedikt decided to focus on a server-side integration for launch
- Building Userlist with Ember instead of trendier tools like React
- How the Ember app authenticates with the Rails API
- Strategies for keeping email deliverability high for Userlist's customers
- How Benedikt built Userlist's complex segmentation engine by creating a custom AST structure and compiling it to SQL
- How the automation and email scheduling system works
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.