This episode looks at the marketplace metrics that reliably tell you how your business is doing. It shares the most important metrics that anchor all your marketing and growth activities. By Juho Makkonen.
Article available at:
Sources and further reading:
- Ramen Profitable, Paul Graham
- Growing a marketplace? How to balance sellers and buyers using customer lifetime value, cleverlayover
- How to design the booking flow of your service marketplace, Marketplace Academy
- Metrics For Marketplaces, Sangeet Paul Choudary
- Net promoter score, Wikipedia
- The One Number You Need to Grow, Harvard Business Review
- The Sean Ellis Test, Johan Steenkamp
- How to find product/market fit, cobloom
- A Guide to Marketplaces: Third Edition, Angela Tran Kingyens & Boris Wertz
- Vanity Metrics vs. Actionable Metrics, Eric Ries
Analytics and tracking tools mentioned in the chapter:
- Marketplace KPI Spreadsheet, by Version One Ventures
- Marketplace KPI Spreadsheet by daphni
- KPIs & Dashboards - MUST HAVES for Early Stage Startups, Vijay Nagappan
Learn more about building a marketplace at www.sharetribe.com/academy/.
Looking to build a marketplace of your own? Visit www.sharetribe.com!
What is Marketplace Academy?
The Marketplace Academy Podcast by Sharetribe is all about starting and running a marketplace business.