The moon is hexed, the witches are vexed and scene kids keep typing in L337 text. So, what’s up with that? We dive into the complex and often overlapping realms of fashion and subculture.
- Article about the moon incident
- Wikipedia, a reliable resource for research
- The Twitter thread in question
- Urban dictionary entries for speedcore, nightcore and hardcore
- Don’t forget mumblecore (Karen didn’t)
- The kidcore aesthetic
- The cottagecore aesthetic
- The witchcore aesthetic
- Urban dictionary discusses goth, punk, scene, emo and hipster
- The Articles of Interest episode on punk style
- Jana Pruden’s obit for Mr. Chi Pig
- Mal Blum
- On Nostalgia by David Berry
- Goths by the Mountain Goats
- Worst Year Ever podcast on furries fighting the alt-right
- YouTube documentary on furries
- “Fly Me to the Moon” parody
- Our lost media episode
- That dark academia quiz
- Fun dark academia activities to do
- Article with the Alison Bechdel quote and the picture
- That moth meme.
- Cottagecore TikToks!
- WitchTok on gatekeeping
- WitchTok on appropriation
- Kat Blaque on YouTube
- Reply All on appropriated ball culture (starts at about 17:55)
- Straight from the CPA’s Mouth from the CPA Education Foundation and the Hesje CPA Knowledge Centre
- Putting It Together, which had Karen on to talk about Who’s That Woman? from Follies.
What is That's a Thing?!?
A sometimes belated, already outdated guide to your teens, tweens and everything under 20. In each episode, Elizabeth, a teenager, explains a thing to Karen, her mother. And Karen tells Elizabeth how that thing relates to something she knows. Maybe.