Today’s guest is Troy Dean. Troy is a podcaster, speaker, father, and the founder of WP Elevation. Through WP Elevation, Troy helps WordPress consultants build and scale their businesses.
- The delicate balance between being creative, delivering for clients, and managing the relationship.
- Asking clients questions and going deep and wide on the responses.
- Creating your value proposition, being bold, and having a unique stance in the market.
- One of the best value adds you can deliver for clients is to help them better understand what they need, which may not be the same as what they think they want.
- Learning to speak your client’s language is an essential way to let them know you are truly listening and have their best interests in mind.
- If you don’t niche down and find a market on which to focus, you end up constantly taking broad strokes and trying to please everyone all the time, which never works out well.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.