More often than not, artists are told that they can’t make a living out of their passion.
Brigette creates engaging slides to help speakers present with more confidence and inspire their audience. She has worked with some of the biggest names in the business like Xerox, Acura, Samsung, and Paypal.
The sought-after presentation designer and I discuss:
• How she made a viable career out of her creativity
• Marketing before the digital age and the power of word-of-mouth
• A life-changing experience that got her hooked in the slide-presentation industry
• Loads of tips and advice to effectively promote your personal brand and style as an artist
• The predecessor of PowerPoint
• Her favorite quote from Picasso that liberated her creativity from the limiting cage of originality
• Understanding how different formats work with different apps for Android and iOS
• Who her top mentor is
• The important role of scriptwriting in slide-presentation design
• How she's worked remotely since 1999
• Closing 4 out of 5 deals - sales skills she got from her top-salesman stepfather
• A powerful mantra that she lives her life by
Mentioned in this episode:
Nancy Duarte: https://www.duarte.com/nancy-duarte/
Garr Reynolds: https://www.presentationzen.com/
To connect with Brigette, head on over to her channels:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theperfectpitchthatsells/ or
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/BrigetteCallahan
Membership site with over 375 members and counting: https://createslidesthatconvert.com/
Affiliate link if you want to become an affiliate: https://createslidesthatconvert.com/affiliate-love/
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals, and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends, and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy, and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing, and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career, and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs, and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.