Sheriff Horcock: One day, me and you are gonna have a real personal fucking argument, Wanda.
Dave (GM): So is this this is this is the the law threatening an innocent member of
Sheriff Horcock: You're not innocent. Now I should wrap on the door. Yep. I have an I have a warrant here for the arrest of Jonah Lucky Loris, AKA your husband.
Marion Freeman: I'm barging in.
Dave (GM): Okay. He misses. So the shotgun blast goes over your head, hits the kind of the crumbling
Marion Freeman: at the moment.
Dave (GM): Yeah. And above above the door.
Sheriff Horcock: Come on. Just be kind to me. Oh. Three successes. Wow.
Dave (GM): Okay. You you shot him in the throat. He's gone down and gone and falls back with blood spurting from severely lacerated neck where you shot just shot him.
Marion Freeman: Who witnessed her saying kill them all?
Sheriff Horcock: I think I was still standing here. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You were both still up.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. I see it. Yeah.
Dave (GM): All 3 of you. Yeah. So Mckenzie's dead. Yeah. I guess you're the sheriff. How are you dealing with this situation? I mean, you're battered and bruised and you've got a nasty broken arm or badly damaged
Sheriff Horcock: arm. Yeah.
Dave (GM): I guess they're looking to you to take control of the situation.
Sheriff Horcock: Well, I'm saying that both of us and I'm concerned that those 2 are both under arrest to stand trial because they resisted and assisted.
Dave (GM): I'm passing the car back.
Sheriff Horcock: Yep. McDonald, McGinnell.
Dave (GM): McGinnell. McGinnell. Don't know them again.
Sheriff Horcock: They they they assisted in resisting arrest, assaulted both myself and my, deputies. So as far as long as they're both gonna get they're gonna stand trial.
Marion Freeman: Attempted murder.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Clear
Marion Freeman: of us. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So the the doctor says to you then when you say that, what what do you want me to do with them then? We don't have
Sheriff Horcock: I know we don't have a gels. We have a firm. I know
Jimmy Harlesden: medical center either, do we?
Dave (GM): No. But he was just gonna have them in his front room.
Marion Freeman: The doctor, you have laudanum?
Dave (GM): I have I have I have many many medicines.
Marion Freeman: Keep them out on laudanum for their comfort as well as for your safety. Well, we send to Albuquerque.
Dave (GM): Is there any way
Sheriff Horcock: there could be a temporary deal, I suppose, is there any way at all?
Marion Freeman: I mean, it's funny. I was gonna say when they made you a show. I was gonna say, what they've given you for I was thinking for the town drunk, you know, who might Well,
Sheriff Horcock: I mean,
Jimmy Harlesden: yeah. There's no way to talk about the sheriff's there.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, dear. Yeah. So, yeah, that must is there any way oh, god.
Dave (GM): I'll I'll look at the map, see if you think there's anywhere that you'd like to nominate.
Sheriff Horcock: I'm just looking to get out with a lot of times.
Marion Freeman: For a
Dave (GM): few weeks?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Blessing saloon.
Dave (GM): I'm sure they don't mind.
Jimmy Harlesden: House arrest in one room of their own house.
Dave (GM): Well, hold on.
Marion Freeman: There is now an empty house.
Sheriff Horcock: Yes. Well,
Dave (GM): Patrick still needs a place to live, and he lives there.
Marion Freeman: Patrick being what, Patrick?
Dave (GM): He's the younger son, 20 years old. He wasn't here at the time. You don't know where he is.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, Julie. We missed one. I mean,
Dave (GM): yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: It does seem like it have some sort of vendetta from Mhmm. Coming out, but there you go. Come on, everything.
Dave (GM): So you you don't know where Patrick is? And there is a there is a younger daughter who's 17 called Siobhan. And we don't
Jimmy Harlesden: know where she is. She's not in the house.
Dave (GM): Not in the house.
Marion Freeman: She's good looking. Probably. I'm not married. Is she we think she's in the house?
Dave (GM): Murphy, their oldest son, is now lying with a bullet hole in his lung, thanks to whoever shot him.
Marion Freeman: And it was Tony.
Sheriff Horcock: It was Tony. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: I think I only shot once. No. Twice.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. You shot,
Dave (GM): you shot
Jimmy Harlesden: Missus McGinn in the
Dave (GM): face from 2 foot when you're lying on the ground defenseless. Yeah. Brain of you. And
Sheriff Horcock: You did hit Thomas.
Dave (GM): You shot a toys like that, didn't you, actually?
Marion Freeman: No. I think it's
Dave (GM): broke it with the second shot.
Marion Freeman: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Did I shoot at him? Did I shoot at Mr. McGinn? No. I don't think I did actually. Him,
Dave (GM): but no. I think you did. You aimed from the shot, didn't you, when you first came in?
Marion Freeman: Oh, yeah. Yeah. So I shot 3 times.
Dave (GM): When he shot at you. And missed twice with his shotgun. 4.
Jimmy Harlesden: And what was the other daughter's name? 2, I'll reload.
Dave (GM): Mhmm. Siobhan. Siobhan. Well, do do either
Sheriff Horcock: of the, the general store there's a couple of general stores. Do do either of them have kind of ware warehouse areas or something like that? No.
Dave (GM): It's not that big.
Sheriff Horcock: Not that big?
Jimmy Harlesden: They have, like, store rooms out the back,
Dave (GM): but,
Marion Freeman: Storeroom out the back, though. Storeroom out the back.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. That's what I was trying. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You get a suggestion to write one of the one of the general stores.
Sheriff Horcock: The store rooms at the back. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Are you gonna talk to the proprietors of said general stores?
Marion Freeman: Well, I think so because they'll have shit in there. They they store guns in there. Guns and look pick kits.
Dave (GM): Maybe. Let's keep the prisoners of the dynamite.
Sheriff Horcock: Don't know. Oh, yeah. Maybe not then. No. Well, it's all that. We'll keep them in the outhouse of the actually McGinnis house, isn't it?
Dave (GM): There's a bunkhouse. Yeah. Yeah. And, yeah. You're
Sheriff Horcock: How secure is it?
Dave (GM): I mean,
Sheriff Horcock: is it?
Dave (GM): You're finding sorry?
Sheriff Horcock: How secure is that by Amazon? Or is it?
Dave (GM): You can you can lock it or buy the door and it's not terribly. We got to we got to keep it going. You need some Yeah. Well, let's
Sheriff Horcock: use the bunk. Yeah. Yeah. I know. It's reason it's reason we come because so we can't be accused of saying, oh, you're bugging them a rat hole shit. Yeah. You know, while waiting for the
Dave (GM): And he's sending a message to the show up in Albert Geert?
Sheriff Horcock: Albert Geert. Yes. Killed
Dave (GM): Jona Lucky Lourdes.
Sheriff Horcock: Lucky Lourdes. Yeah. And I'm quite assistance for good And
Marion Freeman: yet, sheriff. Because there's to come the ex sheriff wanted him dead.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So there was there was a sheriff who's now retired.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, right. Yeah. Yeah. I'll go ahead.
Dave (GM): That maybe. Yeah. Okay. I'm trying to hunt down the, Okay.
Sheriff Horcock: Well, send a message to the reform whoever the next the next sheriff was. No. To the sheriff's office and Albert Cohen. But to let the next sheriff know blah blah blah that he's now.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So, the old sheriff was called Jared Horst. Mhmm. And he'd swore he'd bring them in, but he never did. Mhmm. And it was a gang called the Torrance gang of of which this guy was Mhmm. Down the beginning with a was always allegedly a member of. Mhmm. The gang was run by a guy called Norton Torrance.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, I thought he was the leader. Shit.
Dave (GM): No. No. He was just one of the one of
Sheriff Horcock: the guys. The game. Alright.
Dave (GM): Again, no one's heard of Norton Torrance for years.
Marion Freeman: Alright. Yeah. But I know who's gonna come play house a visit. You
Dave (GM): gotta line up these hoops on you. You know? You're guessing.
Sheriff Horcock: So I suppose really and truly, I should once they're secure, I'm locked up in the bunkhouse. Yep. Yeah. And make sure they're reasonably comfortable,
Dave (GM): bad. It's it's warm
Sheriff Horcock: enough and
Dave (GM): comfortable enough or cold enough in the in the summer.
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Dave (GM): The gun hands have all disappeared.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Can I
Sheriff Horcock: because I'm thinking should I raise it where it's possible to go to the good meeting's actual ranch, And so this is the final, you know, the confuses?
Dave (GM): Up to you?
Sheriff Horcock: But it'd be is it legal for me, I mean, to do that?
Dave (GM): So with with McGinn dying, then obviously his property would pass to
Marion Freeman: Missus MacGinn.
Dave (GM): Whoever missus's heir. Presumably missus MacGinn. It happens. She's obviously being charged with let's say, with attempted murder. A long ago. So see her.
Sheriff Horcock: And, yeah, he's also been charged with it.
Marion Freeman: Tell you what, let's go to mister Crosby. Just see whose name is on the land claim. For what? Mister McGinn's land claim.
Dave (GM): Who's put the who's put their name here?
Marion Freeman: Is it mister McGinn's or is it actually missus McGinn?
Dave (GM): You can go and ask him. But does it matter? Well, I
Marion Freeman: reckon I'm the only one fit to guard these people.
Jimmy Harlesden: Did you get hit at all?
Marion Freeman: No. No.
Sheriff Horcock: You got lucky this
Dave (GM): time. Let's try harder.
Sheriff Horcock: No. I'm not. No. Don't. It's me who's been walking.
Jimmy Harlesden: After a night's kick anyway.
Dave (GM): Yeah. After, well, 20 minutes, you'll be
Sheriff Horcock: alright. 11 though. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So what was the crew that you got again?
Sheriff Horcock: It was
Marion Freeman: 11 days of flesh within the hour.
Dave (GM): Of flesh
Sheriff Horcock: within the hour. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So it's minus 1 to shooting and passing for 11 days.
Sheriff Horcock: 11 days.
Dave (GM): So that's what it's It's a yeah. It's it's not great.
Sheriff Horcock: It's not terrible. Yeah. Yeah. It's just a pain in the arse. It's just yeah. Yeah. I don't know what the Eagles doing. I was yeah. I was just thinking because I know they said they wanted them again. It's gone.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. They also did say cut off the head of the snake and killed the snake. In fact, we got rid of Donalley in. The question is that is enough for them. I mean, the property, presumably, legally would
Sheriff Horcock: Goes to the young son.
Jimmy Harlesden: To initially missus McGinnan if she's Oh,
Sheriff Horcock: she's gonna hang.
Dave (GM): Hang as
Jimmy Harlesden: it becomes or in, you know, locked up and becomes, incapable of actually owning the property, then we'll guess it would go to the No. The son of his
Sheriff Horcock: the children. Yeah. The eldest son of the eldest son also shot
Jimmy Harlesden: shot at the lower offices.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: I mean, it could be
Marion Freeman: a very easy thing for mister mister Crosby to be reminded that now there's actually nobody to manage that land claim, and it would be better going to one of the neighbors. The petito's
Dave (GM): man. You can go
Jimmy Harlesden: and talk to Crosby.
Marion Freeman: That's not for me to do. I'm guarding the prisoners I feel as the only one that can still shoot.
Dave (GM): Well, you're quite I mean,
Jimmy Harlesden: I can have 20 minutes. I'm fine. I can also guard the prisoners.
Dave (GM): It could be worse. Yeah. Could've been a much worse critical.
Sheriff Horcock: It could've been a critical. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And it
Marion Freeman: could've been a critical, Tony.
Sheriff Horcock: But no.
Jimmy Harlesden: It could've been it could've been the
Dave (GM): I just felt a bit bad. I see. I've done that because you know
Marion Freeman: they killed him. Much.
Dave (GM): That would've been a bit much.
Marion Freeman: And you know if you've done that criticality, it would've been the 60s.
Dave (GM): I did run it afterwards. Oh, dear. What would it have been?
Marion Freeman: And it
Dave (GM): was 30 something, so it was it was minor.
Sheriff Horcock: No worries.
Dave (GM): But that, no, that role then is obviously not the role that's not the role that's not the case. No. No. No. No. The safe role. Now I did say that if you get another crit, I'll be rolling the crit, but I'll let you off the first part. Mhmm. Mhmm. That's a little bit much. Yeah. And you got a little bit of attention. Yeah. So who's gonna go and see mister Crosby? Well, do you
Jimmy Harlesden: want to go and see Crosby? Is your idea?
Sheriff Horcock: Well, actually, I was just thinking, you know, garden place. We could always I could always dep deputile I don't know. They they may shoot them and let people to put in You
Dave (GM): can get some volunteers from the from the town.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. That's Keto
Dave (GM): and and the Reagan will offer a couple of men to help guard.
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Dave (GM): Help guard. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Oh, good. Why do you guys not want to go and see Cosby?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. The the reason, but you seem keenest.
Marion Freeman: Well, I just feel that's, you know, this is an easy thing that's happening over the next couple of weeks is to maybe just, you know, maybe just stick
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. No. I'm just yeah.
Marion Freeman: McGinn Land came on the fire since it's obviously useless. I don't know how it all works.
Jimmy Harlesden: Is there actually a
Sheriff Horcock: lawyer in town? We would know there's a lawyer. Yes.
Marion Freeman: There is. Mister Crosby.
Sheriff Horcock: Is it?
Dave (GM): Well, he's one of the closest people.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. You
Dave (GM): haven't got, like, a lawyer's office in town, though.
Sheriff Horcock: No. Well, let's go. That's it. Well, I'll go and see it. Yeah. We'll talk to him. I should talk to him. So, you know
Dave (GM): Yep.
Marion Freeman: Although having said that, actually, maybe it's better if one of us has seen them, Tony. Wait. Sorry. Sheriff.
Sheriff Horcock: Well, you're being under threat.
Marion Freeman: Because you're sheriff but we come with a certain authority.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, so you mean because you're
Dave (GM): Chisholm's man. Chisholm's.
Sheriff Horcock: Is that gonna be a pain in the ass, Ressouli?
Marion Freeman: Well, I'll tell you what, actually, maybe it's better if I don't do that because I'd hate to think that we were interfering on behalf of mister Chisholm. Chisholm again. Maybe you should go and just remind him that the people you live with work for mister Chisel. And maybe that it was my idea, but don't don't let anybody else hear that.
Dave (GM): Complicated. As you're having kind of this debate, I don't know where you're having this debate.
Marion Freeman: Oh, in the public street, actually.
Dave (GM): Is it just like on the ground here outside where they
Marion Freeman: No. I I kind of feel we would have returned to the blessings if
Sheriff Horcock: if somewhere anywhere. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Or we're
Marion Freeman: having it in the bunkhouse, I guess, if we're still guarding them.
Sheriff Horcock: Not off the street.
Jimmy Harlesden: The prisoners.
Marion Freeman: But definitely not in the street.
Dave (GM): Not in
Sheriff Horcock: the street. No. No.
Dave (GM): Okay. You you do see as you're having a conversation, Augustine Quito Mhmm. Coming into the bar. Mhmm. And, she looks around. She sees you and she goes, ah, and she makes her way towards you. Again, she's got a couple of people with her. Her brother's son and
Sheriff Horcock: then Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And
Dave (GM): a couple of men. And, she comes over, and this is probably the following day, actually, rather than the same day. And she says, I'd like to commend you on your your bravery for taking down McGinn. Mhmm. I I can't say that I'm going to shed any tears over his death. And the fact that justice has finally been done for all his crimes up in the up in the north of the of the territory. There is one issue left outstanding though that may sour our ongoing good relationship. And and that is your relationship with Chisholm.
Marion Freeman: Hold on. Who are you saying that to? To all 3
Dave (GM): of you, but
Marion Freeman: The sheriff has
Sheriff Horcock: no relationship. I've said this.
Marion Freeman: Don't blame him for
Dave (GM): You know what? I I
Sheriff Horcock: In fact I'm just Yeah. I take I appreciate your gratitude, but I really not. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You may not be a chiseled man, but the whole town now knows that YouTube gentlemen are. And that might be a problem.
Marion Freeman: Certainly. If you were to get Cody Picker as well.
Dave (GM): If you were to get the man who killed my son and the man who killed Eugene Rayburn and bring him to justice, then all concerns would be managed. Your your clear loyalty to the United Springs will be demonstrated as opposed to your loyalty to mister Chisholm, where naturally, if you are you are his paid men, then you are you you are you are obliged to give him some of your loyalty. However, some of us in the town fear that that loyalty is not necessarily consistent with loyalty to the town.
Sheriff Horcock: Well, sir, do you want this then? I'll take it. Gotta be basic because my mood is my I must be a bit sore and
Dave (GM): You can you can behave like a child if you wish.
Marion Freeman: No. Cherry folk won't want Want what?
Sheriff Horcock: No. I'm saying, do you want to say what can I ask for?
Dave (GM): I'm not I'm not saying I'm I'm not saying I want you to no longer be sheriff.
Sheriff Horcock: Uh-huh.
Dave (GM): The first charge that you've had as sheriff, you've you've discharged commendably at some risk to yourself I apologize.
Sheriff Horcock: My shoulder is a wee bit sore than mine.
Dave (GM): And to your deputy. I understand. But you have proven your bravery. However, accepting that you are not paid by Chisholm, mister Halson and mister Fringdon are.
Marion Freeman: And what if we were to, write to mister Chisholm and said we no longer wanted to be in his employ?
Dave (GM): I think
Marion Freeman: if you matters concerning Genalta Springs. If you
Dave (GM): so there's 2 options or 3 actually, I think. Firstly, if you were to sever your business connection to mister Chisholm, then that would satisfy all of us in the town that your your loyalties lie in the right place as far as we are concerned. If you were to bring in Cody Picker and place him before a judge in good standing and see him tried for the murder of our people, that would go a significant way towards,
Sheriff Horcock: well, it go a
Dave (GM): very long way to establishing your loyalty, or thirdly, some of us are more pragmatic than others, and some of us recognize there may be a value in having a couple of people in town who have really access or the ear to Chisholm's thinking. Garland Raven will never think that way. I, on the other hand, fight.
Marion Freeman: I don't wanna make this sound anything as crest as some sort of bribe or something, but we were just before you were coming to the house, we were discussing mister McGinn's claim.
Sheriff Horcock: Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: And I was only just saying to my colleagues here that maybe we should go and see mister Crosby and tell him of course. This begins claim is kind of invalid now that he's not here to, sign the paperwork and things like that.
Dave (GM): It would be significantly devalued. I certainly agree.
Marion Freeman: And, the the obvious thing to do would be to hand that land over to the nearest neighbor who's a contiguous contiguous neighbor, which would be of course you. Now if I if if we send mister Crosby also with a letter of resignation to mister Chisholm when he goes back to Albuquerque, he may not favor that plan. So what if we were to hold off on resigning from mister Chisholm's service until the land matter is settled?
Jimmy Harlesden: See if mister Chisholm, whatever you think of his methods and his morals, is still an influential man. If he gets tried and convicted of arranging the murder of innocent parties such as your son, then that's a different situation. But until that point, which I I would think is actually quite unlikely to transpire, having some
Dave (GM): The the fact he may connection to him. Never be a critic doesn't make him innocent. No. No.
Jimmy Harlesden: No. It does, but it does mean he will remain he will remain influential, and our connection to him may mean that influence could be something that could be used to our mutual advantage. Pragmatic way. I In the pragmatic manner that as you were speaking.
Dave (GM): I can see the the the potential value in that, and
Jimmy Harlesden: I hope that the actions we've just taken demonstrated our loyalty to this town, which is absolutely a 100% above any long term you might have to choose. I I said I think keeping that connection is something that we can use to the advantage of your 9th strings.
Marion Freeman: Speaking speaking honestly, I cannot be sure that mister Picker
Sheriff Horcock: Killed your son. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Killed my I cannot be sure that he did not kill Eugene and, mister d. Gilchrist of the 2? Gilchrist, But I am pretty sure he didn't kill your boys.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh. I
Marion Freeman: don't think he's a sort of man.
Sheriff Horcock: From what these two told me about him, the way that he obviously said, he's obviously a very affection effective man with his gun. It doesn't sound like the kind of guy who sneak up somebody and slit their throats.
Dave (GM): Make a performing role, whichever one a group performer, whoever's the highest, Your best performer. And you can have help from both of the others. Okay.
Sheriff Horcock: So that so that's maybe one
Dave (GM): of the
Sheriff Horcock: for me to No. That's 9. I'm almost saying 10. Okay. Nope. That's 1, but then nothing.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. Did you wanna push?
Sheriff Horcock: I'm trouble dice? The the red ones are trouble.
Jimmy Harlesden: I said, no. You trouble them.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. So I've got so what happens in the normal the dice was on trouble?
Marion Freeman: Can roll skilled dice again. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So I'm not on your trouble. It's only trouble dice that you need to worry about the
Sheriff Horcock: ones. Alright.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So on other dice mean nothing.
Sheriff Horcock: So I'll just roll these ones again. Yes?
Dave (GM): Then you'd order them again.
Jimmy Harlesden: Alright. Okay. It's only if there's one on the trouble dice, you
Sheriff Horcock: can't worry. Alright. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Unless you buy it off for the.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. I'll buy it
Sheriff Horcock: off. Roll. Yeah. Okay. That's not a that's for
Dave (GM): trouble on 2 troubles.
Marion Freeman: Okay. So, Rob, how many face did you get?
Sheriff Horcock: One face lift.
Marion Freeman: Right. You can write off one of those. I I would.
Dave (GM): So you could buy off one trouble. Yeah. And you get one so one dash of trouble. So I'm already 6.
Sheriff Horcock: There we go.
Dave (GM): Mental social trouble.
Sheriff Horcock: Again, I've already gone down. Yeah. He's a well known oh, he's
Jimmy Harlesden: a fuck
Sheriff Horcock: it. 6.
Dave (GM): Oh, again. Because you now go to the next line
Sheriff Horcock: on the thing.
Dave (GM): 5. 5. Fuck. You've made such a pig's ear situation. Well,
Sheriff Horcock: you've been forced successes.
Dave (GM): The object of your efforts dismisses you. You cannot try to influence them again for
Sheriff Horcock: the next part. Psych.
Dave (GM): So you have Yes.
Marion Freeman: It's it's it's
Dave (GM): it's seen successes. Mhmm. So I think what has happened is you she's she's been persuaded by what you said. Mhmm. But your angry, aggressive, upset, belligerent attitude has annoyed her.
Sheriff Horcock: Fair enough. But
Dave (GM): so she's she's very angry at you individually.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, okay.
Dave (GM): But she completely gets to accept what you're saying.
Sheriff Horcock: Mhmm. But just
Dave (GM): the way you're saying it Yeah. Is really pissing her off.
Sheriff Horcock: It's just because she's she's come and said, oh, well, thank you very much, man, but now go and kill someone else. Yeah. I understand.
Dave (GM): But your 4 successes is a fabulous success. You completely agrees in what I'm saying. So you
Jimmy Harlesden: have point of faith back
Dave (GM): for that? It was on a push, wasn't it? So no. Yes. It was. Yes. If you got it on the straight line, you'd have got a point of faith. So you can tell she's holding it in, but you can tell she's fucking loathing you
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, true. For the
Dave (GM): way you're behaving and the and what and the way you're saying what you're saying. Well, she's done that. You're saying, she completely binds you.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Absolutely.
Marion Freeman: She she's pragmatic as well. I think she probably even even she didn't actually believe. I mean, there's every chance that this woman who says she witnessed the murder was paid off by an evil guy like McGinn to
Sheriff Horcock: So
Marion Freeman: to put to some of the problem.
Dave (GM): So she says, look, I agree. Now no no no matter of of practical considerations or benefit or or that kind of concern will ever bring my son back. Mhmm. And that is a grief that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. And as I said, no matter a practical solution to the problem we've got, we'll we'll we'll fix that. But he ain't coming back. So we have to get on and move forward. And I agree with your suggestion wholeheartedly. The only condition I have to add to that, which is less of a condition for me, it's something that I think you need to consider very seriously, is that Garland Rayburn is not a man of my mind. He will never forgive
Sheriff Horcock: Right. Right.
Dave (GM): Or picker for what he thinks has happened. But he must be convinced that you have dropped Chisholm like a hot potato for him to accept you back into as a full member of the town. So if you can do that
Marion Freeman: And you don't think he can be convinced to wait until the matter of the land grabs over?
Dave (GM): He's too bitter, and he's grieving too deeply. The loss of his son has Mhmm. Torn his soul out. All he all he thinks of now is vengeance, and all he wants to do is tear down Chisholm and everything that Chisholm stands for. I think this is partly influenced by the fact that he and Chisholm many years ago were were business associates and Chisholm outgrew him.
Sheriff Horcock: And now
Marion Freeman: But you're asking me, who has always been honest with you, to lie to mister Rayburn.
Dave (GM): For your own good. If you tell him the truth, he will not see practical sense in the way I am able to. He will not be able to get past the death of his son.
Marion Freeman: But how will we convince him? He if he
Dave (GM): I mean Sir, a matter for you. Your influence with Chisholm, such as it may be, for as long as the land rights Mhmm. Are being established, just needs to remain in the shadow. And publicly Can you what? You denounced Chisholm to to Garland, to rape him, and make him believe that that is the true state of affairs. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Alright. I have the solution.
Dave (GM): For your own benefit, because otherwise, Raven will will will not cease to harangue and harass you thinking that you're Chisholm then and wanting to tear down everything related to Chisholm.
Marion Freeman: What if I were to go to mister Rayburn and say, it is equip I've been equivocal in this matter because I don't have the evidence. But I do believe that mister Picker killed mister Chisholm's son and his man.
Dave (GM): Mister Rayburn's son.
Marion Freeman: Mister Rayburn's son.
Dave (GM): You believe he killed them?
Marion Freeman: I do believe that. I have I'm it's I have no evidence of what stands in the court of law.
Dave (GM): But you believe they're guilty of his murder? Picker is guilty of their murder.
Marion Freeman: We did find mister Picker's horse. Well, I wouldn't say murder, I know he killed them. It may have been an act of self defense. Mister Picker's horse that we last saw him riding was also shot and killed in a gun battle, according to the evidence we saw. Now I can't say that mister Picker fired the shots that killed your son. I wasn't there. Like, I think he did. What if I were to go to mister Rayburn and say that I promise I will bring Cody Picker to justice?
Dave (GM): That may well go a long way. Would but would you say at the same time that you remain paid up men of Chisholm's faction?
Marion Freeman: It may be that for for a while, it would be good to be on the inside so that I can gather the evidence.
Dave (GM): And that is how you would play it?
Marion Freeman: Well, I don't know. I'm asking your opinion. You you know mister Rayburn better than I.
Dave (GM): I I'm simply saying that Garland Raeburn won't accept you in this town if he believes you
Sheriff Horcock: are loyal
Dave (GM): or paid by just
Jimmy Harlesden: Unless we convince him that we will remain on Chisholm's payroll solely for the purposes of getting information that we can use for our benefit and against Chisholm?
Dave (GM): That's a matter for how persuasive you can be.
Sheriff Horcock: Well, I understand.
Dave (GM): I would say Chisholm, in in Rayburn's state of mind, that might be a difficult persuasion to make.
Sheriff Horcock: All I can say about Chisholm's man, if he steps foot in this territory again, then as sheriff, I will do my utmost to to bring him to justice and to trial.
Jimmy Harlesden: So thank you.
Dave (GM): I thank you for that.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. That's all I say. I'm not gonna go draping, but if he steps into this territory and we we might we're in the jurisdiction of this town, then I will.
Dave (GM): Into Socorro County Mhmm. Which is quite big. Is it that big? No. It's not that big.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. It
Dave (GM): Yeah. It doesn't go anywhere near as far as Albuquerque. Because if he stays there, then he won't be going into the security.
Sheriff Horcock: But that's what I was saying, you know, to face trial.
Dave (GM): Well, thank you. Thank you. I
Sheriff Horcock: will go and tell them Rayburn as that if you wish.
Dave (GM): Well, as I said, it's a matter for you.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): I I am a practical woman. I have suffered my grief. I will suffer my grief for the loss of Dimas for the rest of my life. But taking revenge or spending my life searching for vengeance will not bring my son back. I will never get to sit and
Sheriff Horcock: Well, yes.
Dave (GM): Eat a meal or drink tea with my son ever again, no matter how I go forward from here. So there's a practical element to me in this, and I'm you persuaded me despite
Sheriff Horcock: My temper.
Dave (GM): Despite angry temper.
Marion Freeman: I just remembered I should have been spurning you.
Dave (GM): I that's true, mate. Okay. You know,
Marion Freeman: there's special interactions for at least a month or something. I don't remember what it was.
Jimmy Harlesden: 24 hours.
Dave (GM): 24 hours.
Marion Freeman: 24 hours.
Dave (GM): That's true. Yeah. Fuck off. Yeah. But Garland Garland is not in the same state of mind.
Marion Freeman: I I will say only this. I I will I will maybe maybe go through missus Garland. I think you're right. Mister Garland simply isn't prepared to say
Dave (GM): something to me.
Jimmy Harlesden: Maybe But we'd leave need to leave a respectful period of mourning before we break any subject again with mister Garland.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. We'll we'll do it gently. But what I'm saying is, I tried by hand to my misspent youth as a card shop, and I discovered I'm not a good enough liar. So I may find it difficult to tell him a lie.
Dave (GM): What what truth or lie you wish to tell him is entirely up to you. If you wish to go down the line that
Marion Freeman: that I was telling you that you
Dave (GM): suggested of of saying that you're you're remaining on Chisholm's payroll for the benefit of the town in order to have an inside view of the land rights situation.
Marion Freeman: And to bring Cody Pickett to justice.
Dave (GM): And to bring Cody Pickett to justice. But certainly the latter. I think Garland cares less about the land rights now than he did, and he cared only about them to stop McGinn getting them, And McGinn is dead. So I think the land rights are are a nonissue now for Garland Raver because he's a he's a mountain man. He's a he's a miner. Using it as a way to get justice and vengeance for Garland by bringing Pika might be the line that would be most fruitful.
Marion Freeman: I mean, we can write to besetches and say, make sure your picker doesn't
Sheriff Horcock: go back to
Marion Freeman: this coast a while.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Never comes back here.
Dave (GM): Yeah. You as characters, you could you could play this as you please, guys. Play them all off against each other. That's no problem. What do you wanna do? Well And she says, I appreciate the opportunity to talk. Sheriff Hawcock, I I I wish you would take a more measured and civilized tone.
Sheriff Horcock: I'm so sorry. I apologize for my turn.
Dave (GM): But, I will I will take my leave as she gets up.
Marion Freeman: Thank you Mhmm. For taking the time to come up and visit us.
Dave (GM): And she walks out.
Marion Freeman: Right. Let's, let's go and visit mister Crosby.
Dave (GM): Yep. Okay. Yep.
Marion Freeman: He's at the hotel?
Dave (GM): Yes.
Marion Freeman: I will leave a message at the hotel that we want to see him at his convenience, and he should maybe leave a we send a message to the blessings when it's convenient time. Okay.
Dave (GM): So are you are you going back to the ranch of an evening and then coming back into town in the morning?
Sheriff Horcock: Is that
Dave (GM): is that how you're doing this?
Jimmy Harlesden: I think so.
Marion Freeman: No. I think I'm staying in town.
Dave (GM): Okay. Where are you staying in town? Blessings don't have rooms. Well, not for not for hire. You could possibly try and persuade them to let you sleep in one of those.
Marion Freeman: Can I sleep in the bunkhouse where we've got the 2 prisoners? We
Sheriff Horcock: could do.
Dave (GM): Well, if you want the prisoners to smother you in your sleep, then maybe.
Sheriff Horcock: No. Well, they're they're very are they out for the count? I mean, they're not exactly,
Dave (GM): well, no. No. Missus McGinn was broken. And
Marion Freeman: the doctor didn't take my advice on merging up with the Lord then.
Dave (GM): They so her her only she's got a patch over her eye. It will be her sight. The doctor thinks her sight's gonna be
Sheriff Horcock: That's a blacksmith in the town, isn't it?
Dave (GM): Is that? Yeah.
Sheriff Horcock: There is a blacksmith.
Dave (GM): Probably somewhere. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. There's a mist.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. That's what so what we could actually do in the bunkhouse
Dave (GM): So, Murphy is is is quite unwell. Yeah. He's not gonna die, but he's quite unwell. She's she's okay. She's like you. She was broken.
Sheriff Horcock: Broken. Yeah. But she's The doctor How do we get a night shift to make some shag and put a ring into the into the into the pants of the bunkhouse, so she's actually
Marion Freeman: Should I?
Dave (GM): So if you yeah. I mean, there are a number of the guards there. So if you wanted to sleep at one end of the bunkhouse and have them chained up at the other end, then you could probably do that. Yeah.
Sheriff Horcock: Do that. Yeah. We'll have her. She's, you know, fit and able to move around.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. Yeah. Yeah. And you've got a couple of other people at all times?
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): From from Paquito mostly? Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: Just wondering what time was.
Dave (GM): No. Can
Marion Freeman: I watch his dad?
Dave (GM): 845. 845.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. 945 according to this. Of course, I'm not.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So you can do that. That's fine. That's no problem. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I mean, he he comes and finds you fairly quickly after you leave the message within within an hour or 2. He's picked up with the blessings. And what do you what
Marion Freeman: do you want from him? So, obviously, in the matter of the latest discovery, the, serving of the warrant for the arrest of mister McGinn, he died. And I just wanted to ask, is it his names on the papers?
Dave (GM): He's quite open, actually. And he just looks through. Mhmm. Yes. Absolutely. Yeah. The the claims are for the McGinn family are in name. So Obviously, now deceased, so those claims are invalid. Are invalid. Yes. They are.
Sheriff Horcock: Okay. McGinn claim.
Marion Freeman: And I know the townsfolk here would be very confident in, the Pequinto ranch as the nearest contiguous neighbor. Pequito. Pequito ranch. It's Pinker and Paquinto. Piquito. And Pinker.
Dave (GM): I figured they
Jimmy Harlesden: have n's in it. The names were it
Dave (GM): was an
Marion Freeman: but the yes. It doesn't detract from the point that they are contiguous with mister McGinn's land. And I know that they also have a claim on the same land. And obviously, I'd like to think that claim would now go uncontested.
Dave (GM): I can I can expand the claim to include the McGinn range if, with the Paquito claim if that's what if that's what mister Chisholm would like, he says quietly?
Marion Freeman: Speaking as mister Chisholm's man in town. God. Feel the pile coming up over.
Dave (GM): Click click click.
Marion Freeman: Who's that? I believe that would be the, preferred, decision of mister.
Dave (GM): Well, I can I can I can do that? So who the the question remains of, in in that case, we've got more than one claimant asking for the land around Coyote's Gap.
Marion Freeman: And that would fall to the Paquinto ranch. Paquinto. Paquito ranch. No. The Paquinto ranch. I I've created a separate No.
Sheriff Horcock: You're not. You're not.
Jimmy Harlesden: So so so so what you're now
Dave (GM): saying is that what was the McGinn range should be subsumed within the Paquito range. Yeah. And the Paquito range should then extend westward
Marion Freeman: Well, and
Dave (GM): to the river and include Are
Marion Freeman: there any other contested, claims?
Dave (GM): No. There are claims for space. No one no one else, unless you wish to claim it, have have have tried to make a claim for Kuwaiti's Gap. There are some there are some claims for the the west side of the river.
Marion Freeman: Well, obviously, we were looking to expand our land. Although we haven't submitted an official claim in front of the deadline, it would be, I think miss Chisholm would like us to claim the area south of the Paquito Ranch and end of Coyote Gap down to, down to the bend in the Rio Grande River. This this area down here sort of thing.
Dave (GM): There are there are there are a number of smallholder claimants that I think, mister Chisholm is is is keen to to support, wanting to get more families and more more Excellent.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. We're only we're people on this one to override any of those But
Dave (GM): I but I I I suspect something along those lines could be could be arranged for you.
Marion Freeman: Are we am I here on my end or No.
Dave (GM): I'm here on my end or No.
Sheriff Horcock: I'm here on my end.
Marion Freeman: What what do we feel about the land on the other side of the river?
Sheriff Horcock: I think,
Dave (GM): a
Sheriff Horcock: a land a land rung ourselves. Yes.
Marion Freeman: Do you think we should have that?
Sheriff Horcock: I wouldn't mind. Because I think maybe that that'd be that could be a good, r and r place for me to go and call off
Dave (GM): far enough away from people.
Marion Freeman: People. Does it cover the plains, or does it also cover the mountains?
Dave (GM): No. It's just up to the mountains. Up to the mountains. Yeah. It's just the plains.
Marion Freeman: Up to the mountains. Yeah. You know what? Yeah, we'll we'll have plenty of land for our horse business but I wonder whether a strip of land, You know, say a mile from the mountains just in case that there were mining rights to be exercised
Dave (GM): Well, just along
Marion Freeman: the mountains. Just along the
Dave (GM): mountain range. Basically, bagging the mile
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. In the foothill. So if there were mining claims, they'd have to cross our land to get Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Yeah. I mean, obviously, we would give them an easement. We're not animals.
Dave (GM): We're not McGinns, he says. Not McGinns.
Marion Freeman: Not McGinns. But, you know, full, suitable.
Jimmy Harlesden: It was pricey.
Marion Freeman: Just a lacunary cat. Administrative. 10, 15% of the output of the mind.
Dave (GM): Crosby says, well, if that's what if that's what mister Chisholm wants, then, I can I can write that into the
Marion Freeman: That's what we want? Bloody mister Chisholm would like us to be happy.
Dave (GM): But you are mister Chisholm's representatives here in John Harbour Springs.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I'd just like to make sure that it's our names on the
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Those 2.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Of course.
Marion Freeman: All three names.
Dave (GM): I'm real real. Well, what what other names might we put on the on the Well,
Marion Freeman: I I you you began talking in a language that maybe you think we were mere agents for mister Chisholm and then it'd be mister Chisholm about that.
Dave (GM): Well, you are agents for mister Chisholm, aren't you, here in this town?
Marion Freeman: We are. We're around Chisholm. Currently.
Dave (GM): An agency of Chisholm. No.
Marion Freeman: And neither would the land that we acquire with this land holding.
Dave (GM): No. Of course. Do you wanna make a insight role?
Sheriff Horcock: In all of us.
Dave (GM): One of you, but you can have help.
Sheriff Horcock: Should we give a little commitment? Well, I'm I'm probably not
Marion Freeman: the best person.
Jimmy Harlesden: I have 5 dice. I'm not.
Sheriff Horcock: I have, oh, 6. Oh, no. Not me. No. I don't have Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. He's alright because I wanted to fail. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: My insight is 4, so you should do it.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, well, he's got 6.
Sheriff Horcock: No. I haven't. No.
Jimmy Harlesden: Take dice of help, please. So you'll have 8 dice.
Sheriff Horcock: I've got cunning for insight too. I don't
Marion Freeman: Although, I'm judge of character. Does that include
Sheriff Horcock: That must be something.
Dave (GM): I mean, just check what judge character does.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, they have all
Sheriff Horcock: 3 faithless.
Jimmy Harlesden: I could write read I could push.
Sheriff Horcock: I should
Marion Freeman: have done that.
Sheriff Horcock: I'm the only face. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You get plus 1 bonus die if you're to insight tests, if you're trying to see if someone's lying.
Marion Freeman: No. I reckon, Andy,
Sheriff Horcock: you should
Dave (GM): You lost your
Marion Freeman: dice, have you, Matt? Yeah. What What? Have you rolled the dice?
Sheriff Horcock: No. I'm just crying. You said it's me. It should be me.
Marion Freeman: What? You could
Jimmy Harlesden: So I got it. So I have got faith, so I could push. Yeah. I can push.
Sheriff Horcock: Okay. I haven't got any faith left. That those you know, I may have 6. So I may have I got 8 dice, but I can give you how many dice
Marion Freeman: We do
Jimmy Harlesden: get dice. It does help from each. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Oh, is he allowed to help if he's got no faith?
Dave (GM): Yeah. Because helping isn't reliant upon faith, is it?
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Dave (GM): Unless we wanted to say that that was another negative.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I don't think that's something to talk about.
Sheriff Horcock: That could really be really easy.
Dave (GM): Okay. Tell me, like, you're off.
Jimmy Harlesden: That is 2 successes.
Dave (GM): So when he's saying that, you you kinda get that he's not lying, but you get that there's perhaps more complexity to the situation than he's admitting. He's turning
Sheriff Horcock: on to. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): But he's not telling you a barefaced lie. But there's something going on in the back of his mind that there's just something a bit more complicated about the situation.
Jimmy Harlesden: I was gonna ask you about right then. So I say you can sense this, you know, it's hesitated there slightly, but mister Crosby, find there's some complexity there about the situation That make it they're not as simple as we might
Dave (GM): have thought. Can you explain
Jimmy Harlesden: a little bit more exactly how that
Dave (GM): make a make a performing role.
Jimmy Harlesden: Can I get help with this?
Dave (GM): No. Not really. Because you've just learned out of the question.
Jimmy Harlesden: Can I get one success? I might push that high. Okay. Because
Dave (GM): he's got one success. Yeah. I've certainly got
Jimmy Harlesden: one success.
Dave (GM): But no
Jimmy Harlesden: no trouble. No trouble.
Sheriff Horcock: They must have started him when he said you were out right in the script. How do you react to being, you know?
Dave (GM): Well, he's quite smooth.
Sheriff Horcock: Oh, is he? He wasn't bummed at all.
Dave (GM): He didn't he didn't fluster it. No. Oh, okay. He said, no. I I'm I'm just thinking through all the all the permutations. There's a lot of
Jimmy Harlesden: We're just curious about details on what those permutations could be.
Dave (GM): Well, there's a lot of claims. There are potentially a lot of small holders that, we need to, you know, make sure they have a claim big enough so their their farm won't fail automatically. And and naturally, the the the land rights, you know, if you hold them for 5 years, we'll give you some ownership of the land. So it's, it's important that these people get the chance to to flourish. It is a complicated scene. If you've if you've never been a territorial surveyor, mister Halston, then No. I I don't I don't patronize you at all.
Sheriff Horcock: It sounds very patronizing to me. You don't. Saying that I'm not good at it.
Dave (GM): You probably can't understand the complexities of the situation.
Marion Freeman: You do have a lawyer in sort of city who would help us out with that.
Dave (GM): He's now in Santa Fe. Because he moved. If you remember, he left
Jimmy Harlesden: because of
Dave (GM): the whole situation was facing a bit difficult for him.
Marion Freeman: How about way in Santa Fe?
Dave (GM): That's a few day it was probably a couple of weeks ride up north, but it's a yeah. It's letterable quite comfortably. His name was something which is on the tip of my tongue. Kinsey Barker.
Marion Freeman: Kinsey Barker. When you,
Dave (GM): He he was the black lawyer, strike notary in Silver City. I mean, you this You engaged to try and get Maisie out
Sheriff Horcock: of her
Dave (GM): legal bind. Oh. But he decided after that to leave Silver City, and he went to Santa Fe. But did say, here's my card. If you ever need any help, you just need to, you know, Steve.
Marion Freeman: I think, could we get mister Crosby, the agreement in triplicate so that we can run it past our lawyers?
Dave (GM): Well, there is no agreement yet. I I will simply be making a recommendation to the attorney for New Mexico, and it's then the attorney of New Mexico who makes the final decision.
Sheriff Horcock: And how long will that be with the Well,
Dave (GM): I I will be going back to Las Cruces in the next 2 or 3 weeks with my recommendations.
Sheriff Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): And then he will make the decision by the New Year during the winter.
Sheriff Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): And then all the people who have made the claims will will receive their notification either of, rejection of their application or, acceptance with the the deeds for their for their land, for for their 5 year tenancy, which if they complete, would then become Permanent. Permanent. Right. Ownership deeds. They would get those in January, hopefully. January or February.
Sheriff Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): But I am more than happy to put down a claim for the Freeman Harston Ranch, of stretch of land along the, western side of the the western plains of the Rio Grande Valley.
Marion Freeman: And these, sand over that.
Dave (GM): And and, of course, the wider expanse of Yeah. Of of of your lands to the south on the eastern side. Would also then include the Pequito Ranch with the claim up to and including Coyote Gap and presumably the other land on the western side of the river. Is that is that what you're telling?
Marion Freeman: I think so.
Dave (GM): So gifting the Paquito Raje a very sizable gift of of land?
Marion Freeman: I think mister Chisholm would benefit from the Paquito Ranch having control over that land and gap. Consider it that mister McGinn is, Is dead. Dead.
Dave (GM): Mhmm. I I will make my recommendations to that effect then, gentlemen. You're making my job very easy. I can
Marion Freeman: That's what mister Chisholm wanted that we should try and ease your job wherever we could.
Dave (GM): Yes. Absolutely. I can spend the next couple of weeks in in the home sweet home, enjoying myself, pretending that I'm surveying because I've I've done enough and you've done the work for me. And then I can ride off the Las Cruces and take my salary. It's an easy job.
Marion Freeman: Maybe maybe we could meet again just to have a look at your, the map of your recommendations when you're when you're done.
Dave (GM): If that is what you wish. He seems to have you to do that?
Marion Freeman: I think that's all we can do. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Did you wanna go and tackle Rayburn?
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. I'll go. Do you want to go first?
Marion Freeman: I am okay. Yeah.
Sheriff Horcock: Do you I mean, do you want to go
Marion Freeman: first? Missus Rayburn first.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. So
Dave (GM): are you gonna get a knock on the house, or are you gonna try and find catch her out?
Marion Freeman: I'm gonna try and catch missus Rayburn somewhere who knows about her daily business.
Dave (GM): Okay. You you do know that because she's now got effectively taken custody of the Dean child. Mhmm. William Dean, the grandfather, who is a bit of a
Sheriff Horcock: Slightly a bit a softener. Yeah. And
Dave (GM): is a
Sheriff Horcock: bit He's about around
Dave (GM): the around, isn't he?
Sheriff Horcock: He's living at Alvin. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And his his son who is a bit simple, George. Mhmm. He's never yeah. He he couldn't run a a ranch. She occasionally agrees to meet them so they can see the grandchild. Oh, nice. Obviously, it's their grandchild. So so, and she ranges to meet them in town, usually once a week.
Marion Freeman: At one of the
Dave (GM): And they usually and when they usually meet at her house, and then they go for a walk around the town and and spend spend the afternoon together.
Sheriff Horcock: Right.
Dave (GM): And you know And they
Marion Freeman: come up. So I could give them a list lift on our wagon in town, going about some other business, but Yeah. I'll still have a meeting.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Sheriff Horcock: I'll most probably be honest with you. I must be I mean, how long do we think it would take for for for people from the sheriff from the Albuquerque. Albuquerque.
Dave (GM): But to get the message and get back. Yeah. So Albuquerque is
Marion Freeman: Yeah. That's not him at all. Mhmm. Yeah. Wrong guy.
Sheriff Horcock: You're whoops. No, dear.
Dave (GM): It is a 12 mile. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. So 15 times 12, 120. That's about a 180 miles to Albuquerque from here. It'll take somebody at a decent pace on a horse 3 or 4 days to do that if they're pushing it a little bit. Maybe a week. Say a week. So you should expect to get a response within 2 to 3 weeks. 2 to 3 weeks. First time they had a chance that they'd rent to read them. Yeah.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So maybe 3 weeks, you'd get at least a letter back saying something. You might not expect to get deputies back in their time, but
Marion Freeman: Right. I'll go and speak to missus missus Rayburn.
Dave (GM): K. I mean, if you wanted to, you could wait a couple of weeks before you go and speak to missus Rayburn.
Sheriff Horcock: No. I'm just thinking how long she's actually staying in the in terms of field, I should actually spend much much time while while the prisoners are still here. My presence should be in town. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: You can do that. Yeah. That's okay. We've got we we can we we can spend more time back on the lunch. I mean, you do have another job now.
Sheriff Horcock: Nice. Yes.
Dave (GM): So I take it these were now un deputized.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Deputized for that particular
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So you're not going around with your polishing your badges. No.
Marion Freeman: We polish our guns. Oh. Oh. We've had weeks of polish.
Dave (GM): I think you've probably had time to do something, so you can have one faith point each.
Marion Freeman: Thank you.
Dave (GM): In that kind of intervening couple of weeks. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: So I say to missus
Dave (GM): Yeah. So how are you approaching them? Are you are you dropping them off at the Rayburn House?
Marion Freeman: Well, I'm thinking I will drop them off at the Rayburn House, but then when they're out on their walk, I will come and pick them up at the end of their walk.
Dave (GM): And Right. Okay. And, are either of you going with it?
Jimmy Harlesden: I don't think so. I think it's the better with
Sheriff Horcock: It's not gonna be ended.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yeah. I think
Sheriff Horcock: I mean, I must be doing this time. Go and talk to mister Rayburn and tell him what what I told. This is big, you know, the fact that if Chisholm's man steps on the land, I will.
Dave (GM): Oh, yeah. You
Sheriff Horcock: can you can
Marion Freeman: do that. Yeah.
Sheriff Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Fine. He he accepts that. He's still kind of blinded by his anger and his grief
Sheriff Horcock: for the Yeah.
Dave (GM): Event desire the vengeance. But he accepts what you said and he appreciates that. But it's still kind of firming at the mouth about anything in it with a chism. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: Tales of the old west is brought to you by Effect. The music is old west game by Stu Venable, used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.