In Uganda, home-grown Roke Telkom is one of the first tier three carrier-neutral data center at the forefront of cloud computing revolution, helping businesses to leverage the full potential of telecommunications backed by cloud and data services to drive growth and success.
Their cloud and data services have been designed to help businesses achieve their goals by providing them with the infrastructure and tools they need to succeed.
Muhumuza has extensive experience within the telecommunications industry, working for the likes of Huawei, Orange Uganda, and MTN Uganda before joining Roke Telkom as its CTO in March 2021. The discussion took place at the Novacom Digital Transformation Strategy Summit Africa, held in Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa.
💡 Top 5 insights unpacked in the episode:
- The challenge of accessing finance within the Ugandan telecommunications industry [01:45]
- Roke Telkom's customer acquisition strategy and business model driven by a keen understanding of their market [06:01]
- Peter's thoughts the Ugandan telecommunications ecosystem at large [10:08]
- How regulators can better assist the African telecommunications industry [12:33]
- Peter's breakdown of key competencies to acquire for a job role in the telecommunications industry [15:58]
CONNECT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA:
- What was your favourite quote or lesson from this episode?
- What topic would you like for us to feature on a future podcast?