Shari-Anne Doolaege’s early career in local government led her to pursue post-secondary studies. While working on a Master of Public Administration at Dalhousie University, she also launched a company and raised two teenagers.
We talk about...
- choosing the right time to go back to school, while never losing sight of the goal
- choosing the masters of public administration at Dalhousie University and how it allowed Shari-Anne to leverage her work experience as part of her entrance to the program
- being a role model for her kids and supporting each other in their respective learning
- how scaling back work to focus on school led to the launch of Sage Analytics and the challenges and joys of running your own business
- how to creatively fund your education through a combination of savings, loans, scholarships, bursaries and contract work
- how a masters opened the door to additional credentials
- why Shari-Anne encourages people to consider a career in public service
What is Back to School Again?
A podcast for mid-life learners.