Today’s co-host is Adam Clark. Adam is a fellow podcaster and the founder of Podcast Royale, a company that helps business owners grow their businesses and save time through done-for-you podcast production and marketing.
"Most people do what they do because it’s what they’ve always done, or because they’ve been told, or believe, it’s what they’re supposed to do. We rarely take the time to examine our lives and really ask what it is we actually want. Because it’s easier to just keep doing what we’re doing than it is to change — even if that change means a greater level of happiness and freedom in the future."
- The importance of finding founder market fit, and not just product market fit.
- How your values and ultimate desires should be the foundation of your business, and inform your ideal client.
- Giving yourself permission to pursue what truly matters you, even if it's risky.
- In order to understand your business and your ideal client, you have to know yourself, and what you truly value. And this knowledge only comes from time and experience. Try things, and be willing to fail.
- If you’re not sure what you want, or who your idea client should be, start with what you don’t want, or who you don’t want to work with. Sometimes it’s easier to know what you don’t want, than what you do want. And that’s ok.
- Give yourself permission to explore, and pursue what feels right to you, even if it goes against traditional business wisdom. It’s better to figure that out early, than to get really good at something you hate doing.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.