In this episode, Leo and Erik talk about when to say no to new projects and helping others. We talk about having healthy boundaries and avoid taking on too many responsibilities.
- The Derek Sivers way: “Hell yeah” or “No”
- If you're in unfamiliar territory: “Hell no” or “Let’s try”
- Many decisions aren’t permanent
- Identify the commitments that are important to you and your values
- What are your priorities?
- Where does an opportunity fit in?
- Goal: don’t dilute yourself
- Stop thinking in terms of “yes” and “no” and make a counter-proposal
- You don’t need to respond to everything that comes your way
- Ask about when your decision should be made
- Defer until you have the time or it becomes urgent
- Make Yourself Valuable!
What is OK Productive?
a podcast of banter and being productive enough