In this episode, Leo and Erik talk about when to say no to new projects and helping others. We talk about having healthy boundaries and avoid taking on too many responsibilities.
How to decide when to say no
- The Derek Sivers way: “Hell yeah” or “No”
- If you're in unfamiliar territory: “Hell no” or “Let’s try”
- Many decisions aren’t permanent
Finish what’s on your plate first
- Identify the commitments that are important to you and your values
- What are your priorities?
- Where does an opportunity fit in?
- Goal: don’t dilute yourself
- Stop thinking in terms of “yes” and “no” and make a counter-proposal
- You don’t need to respond to everything that comes your way
- Ask about when your decision should be made
- Defer until you have the time or it becomes urgent
- Make Yourself Valuable!
What is OK Productive?
a podcast of banter and being productive enough