We're living in Kenney's Alberta, and we'd be remiss if we didn't talk about the massive change of government. Mack and Troy show the echoes of the past in the election results and break down what these results might mean for the City of Edmonton. This episode contains 3 (three) Hot Takes.
- Klein’s policies got us into this mess: Budget cuts of 1990s did lasting damage
- Lakritz: Please, not a return to Klein's Alberta Advantage
- Notley raises spectre of Klein-style cuts under UCP government
- NDP sweeps Edmonton, leaving city an island of orange in a sea of blue
- Incoming premier promises to work with Edmonton, despite city's chilly reception
- Elise Stolte: Orange Edmonton desperately needs to build bridges in this sea of blue
- Edmonton Public School Trustees doing their due diligence by asking about UCP education cuts
- 'The election is behind us': Kenney and Notley meet to transition government
- Mayor Don Iveson's statement
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.