When life gives you lemons...every single month. Listen to Allie describe a business idea that capitalizes on a subscription women didn’t sign up for.
- What a brand “hook” is and why you should start your marketing efforts by developing one.
- How Allie uses “what if” questions to explore the edges of a marketing strategy, and how it affects UX, customer experience, packaging, etc…
- The most important concept in branding that people usually overlook.
- Questions to consider in addition to demographics when picturing your ideal audience.
- Using humor appropriately with touchy subjects to set yourself apart; how to make something lighthearted without making light of it.
- Perform market research around this idea (what is the true market share, average monthly cost, etc…)
- Identify an intended audience for this service.
- Create several marketing angles that would appeal to the chosen audience (also consider what’s unique about your approach).
- Brainstorm a list of products that would serve the chosen market.
- Outline pros/cons of sourcing products yourself vs. purchasing existing products.
- Contact potential suppliers.
- Try pre-selling subscriptions (e.g approach five potential purchasers and ask them to pre-pay $100) and/or gather feedback on the idea.
Allie LeFevere founded Obedient, a one-of-a-kind branding agency focused entirely on leveraging the power of humor in marketing. They’ve worked with heavy hitters like Chick-Fil-A, Dell, and AT&T, as well as fashion, home, and personal care brands like Argent, Parachute, and Sphinx.
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.