Unknown: There is very little time or point in an explanation. To be blunt, the audio came from a timeline and dimension that has collapsed at a quantum level, rendering it null and void in terms of existence. Operational time in the dimensional continuum where the beings that created the audio collapsed in on itself, rendering all of their civilization, including technology, null and void. Timelines across the entire continuum are collapsing and changing. The destruction has a nexus that centers on Cinema PsyOps.
Peter Venkman: 10 years. Man 10. 10 years. 10 years. Man 10 years. 10 years. 10. 10 years. 10 years. What is the most likely way humanity. Cort: Will be wiped out? Peter Venkman: Maybe it's something from or us. Although the way the world ends might be because of you. And if this is the case, you wouldn't have any control over it. The global temperature rise underscores a chilling reality. Matt Ghostbuster: Our planet is trying to tell us something, but we
Matt Ghostbuster: don't seem to be listening. Peter Venkman: A recent study has suggested that one
Peter Venkman: third of animals deaths due to heat are directly related to global warming.
Unknown: On top of the initial flash of thermonuclear light, which is 180 million degrees, which catches every everything on fire in a nine mile diameter radius. On top of the bulldozing effect of the wind, all the buildings coming down, and more fires igniting more fires on top of the radiation if they happen to have survived poisoning people to death. On top of all that, each one of these fires creates a mega fire that is a hundred or more square miles. Timelines across the entire continuum are collapsing and changing. The destruction has a nexus that centers on Cinema Psyops.
Matt Ghostbuster: A breathtaking scientific revolution is taking place.
Peter Venkman: Biotechnology has been progressing at stunning speeds, giving us the tools to eventually gain control over biology. Matt Ghostbuster: Solving the
Matt Ghostbuster: deadliest diseases while also creating. Peter Venkman: Viruses more dangerous
Peter Venkman: than nuclear bombs, able to devastate humanity.
Unknown: It's man returning to the most primal, violent state. As people fight over the tiny resources that remain. Peter Venkman: What if the world we live in is
Peter Venkman: just a dream or a simulation? Whether it's a dream or some advanced computer game you are playing right now, when it ends, you would be what. Matt Ghostbuster: Causes the
Matt Ghostbuster: end of the world. Peter Venkman: Please do us all a favor. Continue dreaming or playing
Peter Venkman: this game of life. Because when you wake up or unplug, there's a chance the rest of us will be blaked out of existence. Unknown: Timelines across
Unknown: the entire continuum are collapsing and changing. The destruction has a nexus that centers. Peter Venkman: On Cinema s 10
Peter Venkman: years. 10 years.
Cort: And welcome to the 483rd consecutive week of Cinema Psyops. I'm your host, Cort, the guy that is super stoked for the choice that we're covering this week from my co host, Matt Ghostbuster. No, that's who you call the Ghostbusters.
Matt Ghostbuster: That's right, man. Fucking into it, dude. Cort: Just finding songs
Cort: from the soundtrack which, spoiler alert, we're doing Ghostbusters this week. Next week is Ghostbusters 2 and I found the soundtracks for both of them and I was pulling out specific songs from specific scenes.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Cort: That always just like were like the ones that hit for me or like
Cort: the scenes that really worked. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah. Especially Ghostbusters
Matt Ghostbuster: 1, man. In between. Their scenes there. In between songs are awesome.
Cort: Yeah. There's a couple of them where they cut out some things. Like, for instance, the song Magic is going to be one of the songs that's going to be played. Matt Ghostbuster: Oh, God. That was the way they used it in the scene that it's
Matt Ghostbuster: in. It's awesome. Cort: Right? But that's like the back half of that
Cort: song. So I'm like halfway tempted to only use the back half of the song because that's the part that I. Everybody knows from that cool scene.
Matt Ghostbuster: Right. Cort: But I won't. Everybody has to suffer through
Cort: the front half of the song, which is a lot more poppy and doesn't have that cool. Like, I believe it's magic creeping after it. Matt Ghostbuster: Right. Yeah, dude. Cort: I am stoked. I don't want to really waste the time with the front end palm. Really. I think we should just fucking get into it because we're going to be talking Ghostbusters quite a bit. I think we're going to go quite a bit. Matt Ghostbuster: I also got a billion
Matt Ghostbuster: clips, so we should probably get going. Cort: Yeah. I beat you by three clips.
Cort: And some of my clips are like twice, if not three times as long as some of yours for Ghostbusters too. So don't feel bad. Matt Ghostbuster: Jesus. Yeah, yeah. I may be the only person on the planet that deeply loves Ghostbusters too, I think. Matt Ghostbuster: I mean,
Matt Ghostbuster: I like it, but. I mean, I like other ones better, but yeah, it's still good. Cort: Right, Right. That's why I chose to do Ghostbusters 2.
Cort: That and they were your picks. And there's no way I'm taking Ghostbusters from you. That's just not happening. Matt Ghostbuster: You can't do that to me, man. No. I may want to cause you pain, but not that kind of pain. All right, so let's go ahead and take the break here. We'll stop fucking about. We're going to play the Legion Patreon ad and on the pirate radio edit immediate following. That is the bus boys with cleaning up the town.
Unknown: By now you have undoubtedly realized that terrifying elements have shifted into place. I wish I knew the words to offer you some comfort in these dark realizations. If my calculations are correct, then Kourt and Matt will be talking about Ghostbusters for the show. This will intrude upon Kourt will put on a brave face and pretend while doing the show that he is not slowly dying inside and covering up his fragile mental state with what seems like endless tattoo appointments. Matt will obviously say whatever thing that comes in his mind the second it does until the day he is no longer alive. This is where many timelines change and diverge while things seem to get infinitely darker. You will begin to question just how much more exceedingly stupid your reality can become when this happens. Take comfort in knowing that the stupider a timeline is, the longer it seems to persist in existing. We haven't found concrete evidence that can survive peer review on this, but there is enough observed evidence to suggest that the more unstable and downright ludicrous a reality is malleable enough to become, the more flexibility it is able to offer in better bouncing back to a normalized state. On a personal note, if this were some sort of video feed, instead of two hideous fucking chuds hiding behind radio show voices, we would have done a demonstration of this reality snap using rubber bands where one is older and more rigid and snaps, but the other is super flexible and holds up. We have found that this visual aid helps sell the idea and tends to make you not question bad ideas and writing. It's like punching a hole through a piece of paper to talk about wormholes. It is classic lazy story telling. Sorry I sometimes ramble as I I have spent far too much time alone processing this weird shit and it is starting to get to me. The point is that there is more hope in living through the dumbest timelines possible than what it feels like while stuck in them. No story is as outrageous and stupid as your reality, so at least you know there is no author deciding what will happen. Logically speaking, no self respecting author would try to write a story as dumb as your reality turns out to be. So there must not be anyone behind the keys on this one and you can be sure you are a real person. Like I said earlier, I have been processing this kind of weird shit alone for too long. Try not to question your existence too much and enjoy the dim witted dipshits talking about Ghostbusters. Cort: You were talking about that kick ass music
Cort: in the in between scenes and I think I Deleted. Right there with cleaning up the time. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Definitely. Well, why don't we go to the actual review of Ghostbusters? Matt Ghostbuster: Let's just get
Matt Ghostbuster: started. All right, so we start. We open up at the New York Library. And a woman's going through things. We see books start moving and shit. And then all of a sudden, the cards start flipping out, freaking out. She's running. You see this bright purple light in her face and wind, and she screams. And then we get the Ghostbusters logo. This leads to Dr. Peter Veikman running a study where he's having a girl and a guy guess on some cards what what they think is on there. And the guy's guessing wrong and he buzzes him and the girl's guessing wrong and he's not buzzing her. Then he gets out of. The guy actually guesses right and he still says he's wrong. Buzzes him. The guy gets pissed and walks out. This leads to our very first clip. Peter Venkman: It's a kind that
Peter Venkman: your ability is going to provoke in some people. Do you think I have it, Dr. Venkman? You're no fluke, Jennifer. This is it. This is definitely it. See those UV lenses come in for the video camera. And that blank tape, I need it. The one you erased yesterday. Will you excuse me for a second? Right in the middle of something. Ray. I need a little more time with this subject. Could you come back in an hour, hour and a half? Peter. At 1:40pm at the main branch of the New York Public Library on Fifth Avenue, 10 people witnessed a free floating, full torso, vaporous apparition. It blew books off shelves from 20ft away and scared the socks off some poor librarian. I'm very excited. I'm very pleased. I want you to get right down there, check it out and get back to me. Matt Ghostbuster: No, no. Peter Venkman: Get right back to me. No, Peter, you're coming with us on this one. Spengler went down there. He took PKE valances. Went right off the top of the scale. Buried the needle. We're close on this one. I can feel it. I can feel it. We're very, very close. I have to go now, Jennifer, but I'd like to work with you some more. Perhaps you could come back this evening. Say it. 8:00. I was just going to say 8:00. You are a legitimate phenomenon. As a friend, I have to tell you, you've finally gone around the bend on this ghost business. You guys been running your ass off meeting and greeting every schizo in the Five bros. Who says he has a paranormal experience? What have you seen? Of course you forget, Peter. I was present at an undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration. Ray, the sponge is migrated about a foot and a half.
Egon Spengler: Oh, you're here. Yeah. Peter Venkman: What has he got? Egon Spengler: This is big, Peter. This is very big. There's definitely something here. Peter Venkman: Egon, this reminded me
Peter Venkman: of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
Egon Spengler: That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me. Peter Venkman: I'm Roger Delacourt.
Peter Venkman: Are you the men from the university? Yes. I'm Dr. Venkman. Dr. Stantz. Egon. Thank you for coming. I hope we can clear this up quickly and quietly. Let's not rush things. We don't even know what you have yet.
Dana Barrett: I don't remember seeing any legs, but it definitely had arms because it reached out for me. Peter Venkman: Arms. I can't wait to get a look at
Peter Venkman: this thing. Alice, I'm gonna ask you a couple of standard questions, okay? Have you or any member of your family ever been diagnosed schizophrenic, mentally incompetent? Dana Barrett: My uncle thought he was St.
Dana Barrett: Jerome. Peter Venkman: I'd call that a big yes.
Peter Venkman: Uh, are you habitually using drugs, stimulants, alcohol? Dana Barrett: No. Peter Venkman: No. Just asking. Are you, Alice, Menstruating. Right. Know. What has that got to do with it? Back off, man. I'm a scientist. Egon Spengler: Ray, it's moving.
Matt Ghostbuster: Come on. Cort: How much
Cort: you want to bet that when he asked her if she was menstruating, it was because he was about to hit on her? Matt Ghostbuster: I don't know about her, but I
Matt Ghostbuster: think it's just because he's, you know, he's Peter Vman. He's. He's an. Cort: He's a pig. Matt Ghostbuster: He is a pig. He's an. Cort: Does not age well post meet
Cort: at all? Matt Ghostbuster: No, not at all. Not at all. You know,
Matt Ghostbuster: I mean, there are a lot of people who don't eat well, these.
Cort: Yeah, a lot of characters. But Venkman in particular, if he's really greasy. I mean, he was always supposed to be this greasy, but they were supposed to also be trying to make it charming. And I don't find it charming. He just feels really sleazy to me now. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, well, it's Bill Murray, so I
Matt Ghostbuster: kind of find it charming. So, anyhow, they go downstairs and they find the slime and they're collected it. And that's kind of a funny little gag. With Bill Murray, it's always funny. Venkman, being the cool guy, is the one who has to deal with the slime the most in this movie, I.
Cort: Think he's the most useless scientist. So they always put him on the collection duties. Like, I think Egon is condescending him when he does that. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, Yeah, I think so.
Matt Ghostbuster: So then they find the book stacked. You know, he's just kind of fucking around. Peter is. Because he doesn't believe in any of this stuff. Cort: No human being stack books
Cort: like this, right? Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: Well, then the bookshelf falls right
Matt Ghostbuster: behind him. And then he looks at Ray and goes. It's never happened to you before? First time with the bookshelf falls. Anyway, as I go through the PKE meters going crazy, they come about and they see a full bodied apparition. Which leads to our next clip. Peter Venkman: A full torso apparition.
Peter Venkman: And it's real. So what do we do? Could you come over here and talk to me for a second, please? Would you just come over here for a second, please? Right over here. Come here, Francine. Come here. What are we doing? I don't know. What do you think? Stop that. We've gotta make contact. One of us should actually try to speak to it.
Egon Spengler: Good idea. Peter Venkman: Hello, I'm Peter.
Peter Venkman: Where are you from? Originally. All right. Okay. The usual stuff isn't working. Okay, I have a plan. I know exactly what to do. Now stay close. Stay close. I know. Do exactly as I said. Say, get ready. Ready. Cort: Get her.
Matt Ghostbuster: You see it? Peter Venkman: What was it? We'll get back to you.
Cort: What?
Peter Venkman: Get her. That was your whole plan. Get her. We're scientific. I. I just got over excited. I need. But, but wasn't it incredible? I mean, we actually touched the etheric plane. You know what this could mean at the university. Yeah. Gonna be bigger than a microchip, Ray. I'm very excited. Egon Spengler: I wouldn't say the experience was completely wasted.
Egon Spengler: According to these new readings, I think we have an excellent chance of actually catching a ghost and holding it indefinitely. Peter Venkman: Well, this is great. If the ionization
Peter Venkman: rate is constant for all ectoplasmic entities, we could really bust some heads. In a spiritual sense, of course. Bangs, you serious about this? Catching your goal?
Egon Spengler: I'm always serious, Egan. Peter Venkman: I'm going to take back
Peter Venkman: some of the things I said about you. You've earned it. The possibilities are limitless. Hey, Dean Yeager. I trust you're moving us to better quarters on campus. No, you are being moved off campus. The Board of Regents has decided to terminate your grant. You ought to vacate these premises immediately. This is preposterous. I demand an explanation. Fine. This university Will no longer continue any funding of any kind for your group's activities. But the kids love us. Dr. Venkman, we believe that the purpose of science is to serve mankind. You, however, seem to regard science as some kind of dodge or hustle. Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe. Your methods are sloppy and your conclusions are highly questioned. You are a poor scientist, Dr. Finger. I see. And you have no place in this department or in this university. This is a major disgrace. Forget MIT or Stanford now. They wouldn't touch us with a 10 meter cattle prod. You're always so concerned about your reputation. Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk. You know how much a patent clerk earns? No. Personally, I like the university. They gave us money and facilities we didn't have to produce. You've never been out of college. You don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector. They expect results. For whatever reasons, Ray, call it faith, call it Locke, call it karma. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that we were destined to get thrown out of this dump. For what purpose? To go into business for ourselves. This ecto containment system that Spengler and I have in mind is going to require a load of bread to capitalize. Where are we going to get the money? I don't know. I don't know. Never going to regret this, Ray. My parents left me that house. I was born there. You're not going to lose the house. Everybody has three mortgages nowadays. But at 19%. You didn't even bargain with the guy. Egon Spengler: Ray, for your information, the interest rate alone for the first
Egon Spengler: five years comes to 95,000. Peter Venkman: Will you guys
Peter Venkman: relax? We are on the threshold of establishing the indispensable defense science of the next decade. Professional paranormal investigations and eliminations. The franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams. There's office space, sleeping quarters and showers. Dana Barrett: On the next floor. And there's a full
Dana Barrett: kitchen on the top level. Peter Venkman: It just seems a little pricey for a unique fixer
Peter Venkman: upper opportunity, that's all. What do you think, Egon? Egon Spengler: I think this building should be condemned.
Egon Spengler: There's serious metal fatigue in all the load bearing members. The wiring is substandard. It's completely inadequate for our power needs. And the neighborhood is like a demilitarized zone. Peter Venkman: Hey,
Peter Venkman: does this pole still work? Wow, this place is great. When can we move in? You gotta try this pole. I'm gonna get my stuff. Hey, we should stay here tonight. Sleep Here, you know, to try it out. I think we'll take it. Good. Cort: I love the way that
Cort: Dan Aykroyd plays his character in this Ray stance is very childlike and full of wonder and just wants to know as much as he can. And the more terrifying and awful something is, the more he is fascinated and just so into learning more about it that he can be. Matt Ghostbuster: He's way into the cult,
Matt Ghostbuster: I mean. Cort: Right, right. Like, Egon is like, the more grounded one.
Cort: Like, this is something that Reitman did, and it's a formula he came up with after this film or because of this film. And there's always a character that's the heart. There's always the character that's the head, and then there's the character that's always like the impulse control issues in Reitman's movies. Egon Spengler: Yeah. Cort: He always does this with a trifecta. Right. And that's what these three guys are. Raise the Heart. Egon is obviously the head, and Peter Venkman is obviously the lack of impulse control type character, or the one that just blurts out whatever's on his mind.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Peter is obviously the seller, like the salesman, and he'll be able to find out what's going on with the company. Cort: The carnival talker, the bullshit.
Cort: Yes, that's him. Yeah, he's the suave. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah,
Matt Ghostbuster: he's suave. Yeah. Raise the Heart. He's what the Ghostbusters embody. And then, yeah, Egon's is the brain of the operation, and Winston, he's me. He's in it for a paycheck.
Cort: Winston is both of us. That's one of the conversations that we've always had. And when we get to Winston, I want to really actually kind of talk about that a little bit more. I mean, we're always going to be getting ahead of the game because we love this movie so much. We're just going to talk about it like little kids. Right? Matt Ghostbuster: Yes, of course. Cort: We can move on. Sorry. I just needed to point that out because it's very apparent in that clip where Ray, like, their roles are very apparent, you know? Matt Ghostbuster: Yes,
Matt Ghostbuster: exactly. Yeah. I always laugh because I always think that's part of the reason why they make Peter talk to the ghost is he is the ladies man. Cort: I think it's just because he's
Cort: the suave talker and also. Matt Ghostbuster: Exactly. So he's the one who has
Matt Ghostbuster: to. Because I love. He's like, where are you from originally? Then he go back, he goes, all right, guys, usual stuff ain't working.
Cort: Yeah, I Also, really, like, the one thing that I like about this, too, is the fact that Peter has a complete inability to take the temperature of the room. Like, when he should be terrified, his body reacts the exact opposite way. And he gets more cocky and full of, like, confidence, which makes him, like, perfect to be the front man for a lot of their shit. And we gotta stop doing this. We're going too deep here. Matt Ghostbuster: We're going way
Matt Ghostbuster: too deep. Because it's like, how they all handle fear is, like, pretty much just, oh, fuck it, whatever. Let's just go.
Cort: But they all have their own ways of, like, supplanting it. Ray's very childlike. He gets super excited. Matt Ghostbuster: Yep. Egon is trying to
Matt Ghostbuster: figure it out. Cort: Right. Like, he basically can't. When he. When he
Cort: gets scared, he still tries to rationalize and get his shit together. But the thing that's the best is Bill Murray's character has nothing but his bravado. So he basically is like a D and D bard who is always rolling a nat20 every time he interacts with anything, and he starts bullshitting.
Matt Ghostbuster: That is exactly right. That's the best way to put it. He's a Bo hard on the team, and he constantly rolls Nat 20s. Cort: Yeah.
Cort: Yeah, absolutely. Matt Ghostbuster: That's good stuff. Yeah. Cort: That's his main weapon is his mouth. Because he. Peter Venkman: He. Cort: Yeah, he infuriates everything they come up against to the point where they're off their game because they're just so pissed at him being such a petulant child. At them. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. And also,
Matt Ghostbuster: he's fucking. He never stops. You know, he's always fucking. And he. Like, it could be the most dire situation. And you would think he's like, no, I got this handled. And that pisses everyone off.
Peter Venkman: Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: The worst going up against him. Cort: The worse thing that they face,
Cort: the more mouthy he gets. And it's awesome. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah.
Matt Ghostbuster: Always, always. And he always gets mouthy at them or at his own teammates. Peter Venkman: Right. Cort: Like, he just gets more mouth. Okay, we gotta. We gotta
Cort: move on. Let's go. Matt Ghostbuster: All right. We gotta go. Yeah. This is gonna be forever.
Matt Ghostbuster: All right. So then we cut to the Central park west beautiful apartment of Miss Dana Barrett. And as she's walking in, we get the incomparable Rick Moranis in our next clip. Peter Venkman: Hi. Yes. Loose. It's. I thought it was a drugstore.
Dana Barrett: Oh, are you sick? Peter Venkman: Oh, no, no, I'm fine. I feel great. Just ordered
Peter Venkman: some more vitamins and stuff. I was just exercising. I taped 20 Minute Workout on my machine and played it back at High speed, so it only took 10 minutes. I got a great workout. Good. You want to come in for a mineral water? Dana Barrett: Oh, I'd really like to, Louis, but I have to go to rehearsal now.
Dana Barrett: Excuse me. Peter Venkman: No sweat. I'll take a rain check on that. I always have plenty
Peter Venkman: of low sodium mineral water and other nutritious foods in the house. But you already know that. Dana Barrett: Yeah, I know that. Peter Venkman: Listen, that reminds. Reminds me I'm having a big party for all my clients. My fourth anniversary as an accountant, you know, and even though you do your own tax return, which you shouldn't do, I'd like you to stop by, being that you're my neighbor and all. Dana Barrett: Well, thank you,
Dana Barrett: Louis. I'll really try to stop by. Peter Venkman: Listen, that reminds me. You shouldn't leave
Peter Venkman: your TV on so loud when you go out to creep down the hall, phone the manager. Dana Barrett: That's strange. I didn't realize I left it on. Peter Venkman: Oh, yeah. You know what I did? I climbed on the ledge and tried to disconnect the camera, but I couldn't get in. So you know what I did? I turned up my TV real loud, too. So everyone would think that both our TV said something wrong with the. Okay, so I'll see you later, huh? I'll give you a call. I'm gonna have a shower. Cort: I sometimes
Cort: feel that I am Rick Moranis in situations. Like I just feel like I'm. I make everyone feel as awkward as Rick Moranis makes us feel when he's on screen in this movie. Matt Ghostbuster: And the running gig is
Matt Ghostbuster: he's constantly getting locked out of his apartment. Cort: And the physical
Cort: comedy that he does in this, it's Rick Moranis returning to, like, SCTV time with this. Matt Ghostbuster: It was so much.
Matt Ghostbuster: Especially when he gets. And you'll hear it because I clipped it when he gets possess. That is so him from sctv.
Cort: Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: Like a ton of his characters, right? Cort: Absolutely. And it's so wonderful to see here. Just on full display at its best. Glory again. We got to stop. We got to move on. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah. Right. Jesus Christ. So she goes into
Matt Ghostbuster: her apartment in the Ghostbusters commercials on. She goes to her kitchen and the eggs start popping on their own and.
Cort: Frying on the counter. Matt Ghostbuster: On the counter. Cort: Yeah.
Matt Ghostbuster: And then she hears a noise coming from her fridge, opens it up. There we see the demon dogs, and a lot of them say zool. And she closes the frid fridge and abject terror. Because, you know, one does do that. When that happens, those of us that. Cort: Have done illicit hallucinogenic drugs of a Weaponized
Cort: nature are used to seeing things like that in our fridge and can move on after we've selected the item we were looking for. Matt Ghostbuster: I mean, listen, sometimes you just
Matt Ghostbuster: gotta get done with it, you know? Cort: Yeah. I mean, some of us get used
Cort: to watching our grandmother in miniature form. That's somewhat of a zombie crawling up our leg with a knife, clutch between her teeth, screaming, why don't you eat my cookies? Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I don't think everyone has that. And you probably need to
Matt Ghostbuster: schedule time for another tattoo. Cort: Yeah, that's probably for the best. Yeah. After that, we cut back to the new Ghostbusters headquarters being set up. And that is our next clip. Peter Venkman: You don't think it's
Peter Venkman: too subtle, Marty? You don't think people are going to drive down and not see the sign? You can't park that air. Everybody can relax. I found the car. Need some suspension work and shocks and brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end. How much? Only 4800. Maybe new rings, also mufflers, a little wiring. Janine, any calls? Janine Melnitz: No. Peter Venkman: Any messages?
Janine Melnitz: No. Peter Venkman: Any customers? No, Dr. Venkman. Peter Venkman: It's a good job, isn't it?
Peter Venkman: Type something. Well, you were paying for this stuff. Don't stare at me. You got the bug eyes. Janine. Sorry about the bug eyes thing. I'll be in my office. Janine Melnitz: Very handy I
Janine Melnitz: can take. I bet you like to read a lot too.
Egon Spengler: Print is dead. Janine Melnitz: Oh, that's very fascinating, Timmy.
Janine Melnitz: I read a lot myself. Some people think I'm too intellectual but I think it's a fabulous way to spend your spare time. I also play racquetball. Do you have any hobbies? Egon Spengler: I collect spores,
Egon Spengler: molds and fungus.
Dana Barrett: Hello? Oh, excuse me. Is this. This is the Ghost. Janine Melnitz: Yes,
Janine Melnitz: it is. Can I help you? Dana Barrett: I don't have an
Dana Barrett: appointment. I'd like to talk to someone, please.
Peter Venkman: I'm Peter Venkman. May I help you?
Dana Barrett: Well, I don't know. What I have to say may sound a little unusual. Peter Venkman: That's all we get, day in,
Peter Venkman: day out around this place. Come into my office, Miss. Dana Barrett: Barrett. Dana Barrett.
Dana Barrett: And this voice said, zool. And then I slammed the refrigerator door and I left. That was two days ago, and I. I haven't been back to my apartment. Peter Venkman: Generally, you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.
Peter Venkman: What do you think it was? Dana Barrett: Well, if I knew what it was, I wouldn't
Dana Barrett: be here. Peter Venkman: Egon, what do you think? Egon Spengler: She's telling the
Egon Spengler: truth. At least she thinks she is. Dana Barrett: Well, of course
Dana Barrett: I'm telling The truth. Who would make up a story like that?
Peter Venkman: Some are people who just want attention. Others, just nutballs who come in off the street. You know what it could be? Past life experience intruding on present time. Egon Spengler: Could be race memory stored in the collective unconscious.
Egon Spengler: That wouldn't rule out clairvoyance or telepathic contact, either.
Dana Barrett: I'm sorry, I don't believe in any of those things. Peter Venkman: Well, that's all
Peter Venkman: right. I don't either. But there are some things we do, standard procedures in a case like this, which often bring us results. Well, I could go to hall of Records and check out the structural details in the building. Maybe the building itself has a history of psychic turbulence.
Egon Spengler: Right. Peter Venkman: Good idea. Egon Spengler: I could look for the name Zool in the usual literature. Spate's catalog, Tobin Spirit Guide. Cort: Yeah. Peter Venkman: Tell you What.
Peter Venkman: I'll take Ms. Barrett back to her apartment and check her out. I'll go check out Ms. Barrett's apartment, okay?
Dana Barrett: Okay. Unknown: Thank you.
Matt Ghostbuster: Okay. Peter Venkman: Excuse. Let me.
Peter Venkman: If something's gonna happen here, I want it to happen to me first.
Dana Barrett: It's the closet.
Peter Venkman: I hate this. I like to torture them. That's right, boys, it's Dr. Venkman.
Egon Spengler: A lot of space. Peter Venkman: Just you?
Dana Barrett: Yes. Peter Venkman: Good. Dana Barrett: What is that thing you're doing? Peter Venkman: It's technical. It's one of our little toys. I see. That's the bedroom. But nothing ever happened in there. Peter Venkman: What a crime. You know, you don't act like a scientist. Peter Venkman: They're usually
Peter Venkman: pretty stiff. Dana Barrett: You're more like a game show host. That's the kitchen, huh? Dana, are these the eggs? Yes. Dana Barrett: You see, I was over there, and these eggs just jumped right out of
Dana Barrett: their shells and started to cook on the counter. Peter Venkman: That is weird. Dana Barrett: And that's when I start to hear that awful noise coming from the refrigerator. Dr. Beckman, you've come all this way. Would you like to check the refrigerator? Peter Venkman: Better check
Peter Venkman: the fridge. Good call. Oh, my God. Look at all the junk food. No. Dana Barrett: God damn it, Look. This wasn't you. Actually, look. Dana Barrett: This wasn't here. There was nothing here. There was a space,
Dana Barrett: and there was a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around, and they were growling and snarling, and there were flames, and I heard a voice say, zul. It was right here. Peter Venkman: I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any
Peter Venkman: reading. Dana Barrett: Well, are you sure you're using that thing correctly? There's not. I think so. But I'm sure there are no animals in there.
Dana Barrett: Well, that's great. Either I have a Monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy?
Peter Venkman: I don't think you're crazy. Oh, good. Dana Barrett: That makes
Dana Barrett: me feel so much better.
Peter Venkman: Let me tell you something about myself. I come home from work to my place, and all I have is my work. There's nothing else in my life. I meet you and I say, my God, there's someone with the same problem I have. Dana Barrett: Yes, we both have the same problem. You. Peter Venkman: I'm gonna go for broken. I am madly in love with you. Dana Barrett: I don't believe this. Will you please leave? And then she threw me out of her life. She thought I was a creep. She thought I was a geek. And she probably wasn't the first.
Dana Barrett: You are so odd.
Peter Venkman: No, I've got it. Dana Barrett: No, no, no, no. I'll prove myself to you. Dana Barrett: It's not necessary. Here. I'll solve your little problem, okay? And then you'll say, pete Venkman's a guy who can get things done.
Dana Barrett: Right. Peter Venkman: I wonder what makes him tick. Dana Barrett: I wonder. Peter Venkman: I wonder if he'd be
Peter Venkman: interested in knowing what makes me tick. Dana Barrett: Right. Peter Venkman: I'll bet you're gonna be thinking about me after I'm gone. Dana Barrett: I bet I am. No kiss? Cort: I love that. Venkman does his own narration. Like he's in
Cort: a film noir for a minute. And, like. Yeah, that little bit of just, like, blathering insanity. Somehow he rolls a charming Nat20 once again on her. And, like, she start. She just starts to like this guy who's, like, clearly got some kind of mental disability or issue in it. You know, Something's not right with this guy. Either he is chemically imbalanced or he just is emotionally imbalanced that he acts like this all the time. Matt Ghostbuster: However it is, he's still charming
Matt Ghostbuster: the shit out of her. Cort: Yeah. Like I said, like we said, he's a
Cort: bard who is rolling a nat 20 at everything. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah,
Matt Ghostbuster: exactly. And it's just. You can see how it get mad. People get mad. Because you also get mad, man, because you're not that fresh. You can't get out of these situations.
Cort: Yeah. It's the kind of slickness you wish you had. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Again, another great
Matt Ghostbuster: gag is Bill Murray gets kicked out. He starts leaving. And as we see Rick Moranis comes out, sees him, gets uncomfortable, and is again locked out of his home.
Cort: Again, I identify with Rick Moranis the older I get.
Matt Ghostbuster: I. I think we all do. Yeah. So then we cut to the fellas. They're eating dinner that night. And that is our next clip to. Peter Venkman: First and only customer. I'm gonna need to draw
Peter Venkman: some petty cash. I should take her out to dinner. We don't wanna lose her. Uh, this magnificent feast here represents the last of the petty cash. Okay, slow down, chew your food.
Janine Melnitz: Hello, Ghostbusters. Yes, of course they're serious. You do? You have. No kidding. Uh huh. Well just, just give me the address. Yes, of course. Oh, they'll be totally discreet. Thank you.
Cort: We got one.
Matt Ghostbuster: The call iconic. We got one.
Cort: This magn. This magnificent feast represents the last of the petty cash is a line that I quoted to my co workers every time I went and grabbed fast food instead of just carrying my lunch in at an old job of mine. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I've always said that
Matt Ghostbuster: whenever everybody having usually though it's always for me is when I'm eating Chinese. Like the wife wants Chinese. So gets up, we're all eating it. I'm like, this magnificent feast represents the last of the penny cash. Or I'll bring up the. Like the wife would be like, well I don't know if eat that was in the budget, but we're doing that. Then she'll be eating. They'll go, slow down, chew your food.
Cort: Yeah, the saying it when you're getting Chinese food absolutely makes sense. But I always said it just because anytime I was picking up fast food out, I was like, you know, because it's not. It was an unusual thing. I tried not to do that as much as possible to try and save money at that job. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, right. But yeah, it was like, slow down,
Matt Ghostbuster: chew your food. Cort: Yeah, you've said that to me before when we were at a
Cort: restaurant. That was expensive. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah, slow down, chew your food.
Matt Ghostbuster: So all right, great scene where they're taking off of the car. You hear the icon iconic siren of Ecto 1. The song is what you played earlier and it kicks ass. They get to the hotel and that is our next clip.
Peter Venkman: Hey everybody see Ghost? Thank you for coming so quickly. The guests are starting to ask questions and I'm running out of excuses. Has it happened before? Well, most of the original staff knows about the 12th floor, the disturbances, I mean. Yeah, but it's been quiet for years until two weeks ago. It was never ever this bad though. Egon Spengler: Did you ever report it to
Egon Spengler: anyone? Peter Venkman: No. Heavens no. No kidding. The owners
Peter Venkman: don't like us to even talk about it. Matt Ghostbuster: No. Peter Venkman: I hope we could take care of this quietly tonight. Yes, sir. Don't worry, we handle this kind of thing all the time. What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut? No, we're exterminators. Somebody saw a cockroach up on 12. That's got to be some cockroach. Bite your head off, man. Going up. I'll take the next one. You know, it's just occurred to me we really haven't had a completely successful test of this equipment. Egon Spengler: I blame myself. Peter Venkman: So do I. No sense worrying about it now. Why worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back. Yep. Let's get ready. Switch me on. What the hell are you doing?
Egon Spengler: Sorry. Peter Venkman: Sorry. I'm sorry. We thought you were someone else.
Peter Venkman: Successful test. I guess so. I think we better split up. Egon Spengler: Good idea. Peter Venkman: Yeah, we can do more damage that way. Cort: That line I've used a lot, too, that was right at the very
Cort: end of that clip. The. We better split up. Yeah, we can do more damage that way. I say that all the time. Matt Ghostbuster: All the time, all the time.
Matt Ghostbuster: So they do split up and they're all looking around. And Ray with cigarette in his mouth. See, Slimer for the first time. And Ray doesn't move. That I had perfected back when I was bad at smoking cigarettes, which is this dry cigarette hanging out your mouth for a bit when you see something terrible or you're like, what the fuck are you talking. That's a move I would pull if I was talking to somebody. I had cigarette in my mouth and what they were saying was absolutely asinine or just fucking weird. And I just let it hang there for a bit. They go. They look at me, they go, is that bad? I go, yeah, no, you're fine. Don't worry about it. Cort: Yeah. I do have to say that you had
Cort: cigarette shtick down. And that was one of your best props. And I'm sad that you lost it, to be honest. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I know. Cort: I'm grateful that you quit smoking to keep you around longer, but I'm also sad that you lost one of your greatest prop tricks that you've had. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I had a ton of tricks for cigarettes that would make.
Matt Ghostbuster: Where I could accentuate how he's feeling at the time. Cort: Yeah, the bar
Cort: trick thing for cigarettes was pretty great.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So anyway, he tries to hold it, but still Slimer gets away. Then we see Peter comes to plug Slimer and he calls Ray and Ray goes. You know, he saw it because he's an ugly little sucker that he get the. I think he can hear you, Ray. Which is another line I have used all the time. Cort: You've said that to me plenty of times at the call
Cort: center that we used to work at. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I Think he can hear you,
Matt Ghostbuster: Ray? This guy's a fucking idiot. I think he can hear you, Ray. Cort: Right. Matt Ghostbuster: So slimer slimes. Bakeman. Then they get the call that Bengler has found him in the ballroom. They head down to the ballroom and that is our next clip. Peter Venkman: Okay, sir, if you and your staff could please
Peter Venkman: wait out here, we'll take care of everything. There it is. On the ceiling. That's the one that got me. Right, boys. Ready? Throw it. I did that. I did that. That's my fault. It's okay. The table broke the fall. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you. Peter Venkman: What? Egon Spengler: Don't cross the
Egon Spengler: streams. Cort: Why? Egon Spengler: It would be bad. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good bad
Peter Venkman: thing. What do you mean, bad? Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life
Egon Spengler: as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Peter Venkman: Total protonic reversal. All right, that's bad.
Peter Venkman: Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon. All right, Ray, take the left. Egon, take the right. Okay, Ray, give me one. Hiding outside. Nice shooting, Tex. I assure you, Mrs. Van Halen, there is no problem with the room. It will be ready promptly at time as soon as your guests are with us. The last throw took something out of him, but he's going to move. I need some. I need some room to put the trap down. Give me some room. Excuse me. We've got to get to in the clear. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I've always wanted to do this. And the flowers are still standing. Okay, on my go. Single spangler. I want a confinement stream from you. Okay? Go. Okay, hold him up there. He's going to move. Hold him up. Go.
Matt Ghostbuster: Working, Ray. Peter Venkman: Start bringing him down. Start bringing him down. You've got him. Don't cross
Peter Venkman: the stream. Maybe not. You'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh? Thanks, man. Shorten your stream. I don't want my face burned off. All right, I'm opening that trap now. Don't look directly into the trap.
Matt Ghostbuster: I looked at the trap, Ray. Peter Venkman: Finger screens off as soon as I
Peter Venkman: close the trap. Get ready. I'm closing it now.
Egon Spengler: It's in there. Peter Venkman: Hey.
Peter Venkman: Well, that wasn't such a chore, now, was it? Mr. Smith, quickly. I want that door open now. Don, stand over there. We came, we saw, we kicked its ass. Did you see it? What is it? We got it. Is it? Will there be any more of them? Sir, what you had there was what we refer to as a focused non terminal repeating phantasm. Or a Class 5 full roaming vapor. Real nasty one too. Now let's talk seriously. Now, for the entrapment, we're gonna have to ask you for four big ones. $4,000 for that. But we are having a special this week on proton charging and storage of the beast. And that's only going to come to $1,000, fortunately. $5,000. I had no idea to be so much. I won't pay it. Well, that's all right. We can just put it right back in there. We certainly can, Dr. Venkman. No. All right.
Dana Barrett: Anything. Peter Venkman: Thanks so much. Thank you. Hope we
Peter Venkman: can help you again. Coming through. One class five zero we make. Good morning, I'm Roger Grimsby. Today the entire Eastern seaboard is alive.
Egon Spengler: With talk of incidents of paranormal activity. Peter Venkman: Alleged ghost sightings
Peter Venkman: and related supernatural occurrences. Egon Spengler: Have been reported across the entire tri
Egon Spengler: state area. Peter Venkman: Well, everybody has heard ghost stories around the campfire.
Peter Venkman: Heck, my ground grandma used to spin yarns about a spectral locomotive that would rocket past the farm where she grew up. But now, as if some unforeseen. Cort: I love that they make a detrimental
Cort: particle reversing destruction situation into a pee joke of don't cross the streams. Matt Ghostbuster: It's like,
Matt Ghostbuster: don't cross could be bad. Cort: It's the most elaborate
Cort: and intelligently planned out story plot point wrapped around a piece joke that has ever existed. Like pure and simple. Like not even Mel Brooks has gotten to this level that they got here with Ghostbusters and Don't cross the streams. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, no, this was the ultimate
Matt Ghostbuster: pee joke in the entire movie was based around it.
Cort: Right. That's amazing. I don't think anyone will ever try that again. Matt Ghostbuster: That's. That's National Lampoons for you. That's Harold Ramis and
Matt Ghostbuster: Dan Aykroyd Rate in a fucking movie together. That's what that is.
Cort: Yeah, yeah. That's legacy of Doug Kenny living on through that type of joke right there. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah. Just. It's great.
Matt Ghostbuster: Oh man. Yeah. So then we get. This is an awesome film also in that it has two montages. So this is the first montage of the film in which the guys are busted ghosts. You have several different legitimate media outlets reporting on it. Like Larry King, remember Omni magazine? I always forget about it, but it was huge in the 80s. Cort: Yeah. I remember a neighbor had a
Cort: subscription to it and I used to read. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, same. Cort: Yeah, it was like Casey, but I never had it myself. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah,
Matt Ghostbuster: right, same. I never had it. But Casey, Casey Kasem talks about him. You know, everything's. You know, they're getting busier and busier as everything goes around. Then we cut to it towards the end of the montage. The man, Winston Zedmore, walking in for a job interview. And that leads to our next clip. Janine Melnitz: Do you believe in UFOs,
Janine Melnitz: astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlanta, Atlantis? Peter Venkman: If there's a steady paycheck
Peter Venkman: in it, I'll believe anything you say. I gotta get some sleep. I'm dying. You don't look good. I don't? Well, you look better. You didn't used to look like this.
Janine Melnitz: Can you all play? Peter Venkman: Here's the paper under Brooklyn.
Peter Venkman: She paid with Visa. Janine Melnitz: Here's tonight's worksheet. Oh, great. Two more free repeaters. Janine Melnitz: This is Winston Zedmore.
Janine Melnitz: He hear about the job? Peter Venkman: Beautiful. You're hired. Ray Stance.
Peter Venkman: Pete Venkman. Congratulations. Help me, please. Welcome aboard. Dana Barrett: I don't know
Dana Barrett: where they get these guest conductors. I mean, someone should tell them. It's not going to do much good to screaming us in Germany. Peter Venkman: Well, I don't
Peter Venkman: think that the man is competent to conduct the major symphony orchestra.
Dana Barrett: Could you wait here a minute? Peter Venkman: Huh?
Egon Spengler: Sure. Dana Barrett: Dr. Venkman. This is a surprise.
Peter Venkman: That was a wonderful rehearsal. Dana Barrett: You heard that? Peter Venkman: Yes. You're the best one in your row. Dana Barrett: Oh, thank you. You're good.
Dana Barrett: Most people can't hear me with the whole orchestra playing. Peter Venkman: I don't
Peter Venkman: have to take this abuse from you. I got hundreds of people dying to abuse me. I know. Dana Barrett: You're a big celebrity now. You have some information
Dana Barrett: for me on my case. Peter Venkman: Case? Who's the stiff? The stiff happens to be one of the finest musicians in the world. Do you have some information for me, please? Peter Venkman: Well, sure, but I prefer to
Peter Venkman: give it to you in private. Dana Barrett: Why don't you tell me now? Peter Venkman: Well, okay. I found the name Zul for you. Well, the name Zul refers to a demigod worshiped around 6000 BC by the. What's that word? Dana Barrett: Hittites. Hittites, Mespan, Mesopotamians and the Sumerians.
Dana Barrett: Zul was the minion of Gozer. What's Gozer?
Peter Venkman: Gozer was very big in Samaria. Dana Barrett: What's he doing in my ice box? I'm working on that. If we could get together Thursday night. I'm thinking 9ish, you know, we could exchange information.
Dana Barrett: I can't. See you Thursday. I'm. I'm. I'm busy.
Peter Venkman: Ms. Barrett, you seem to think there Is something. Something wrong up here that says in your mind he enjoys taking his evenings off and spending it with his clients? No, I'm making a special exception in your case because I respect you. It's corny, but I respect you as an artist. And as a dresser, too. This is a magnificent coordination you have going here today.
Dana Barrett: I'll see you Thursday. Peter Venkman: I'll bring the Royal Lance Guide and we'll eat and read.
Peter Venkman: So who the hell is that? Dana Barrett: He's just a friend. Peter Venkman: A friend? Dana Barrett: An old
Dana Barrett: friend. Peter Venkman: Bye. Well, I'll see you Thursday. I'm sorry I didn't
Peter Venkman: get to meet you, sir. And I'm glad you're feeling much better. You're still very pale, though, little son. Well, what does he do? Dana Barrett: He's a
Dana Barrett: scientist.
Peter Venkman: This is where we store all the vapors and entities and slimers that we trap. Very simple, really. Loaded trap here. Open. Unlock the system. Insert the trap. Release. Close. Lock the system. Set your entry grid. Neutronize your field. And the light is green. Trap is clean. Ghost is incarcerated here in our custom made storage facility. Janine Melnitz: There's a man from the EPA here to see
Janine Melnitz: you. He's waiting in your office. Peter Venkman: Epa? What you want? I don't know. All I do know is that I've been working two weeks without a break and you promised me you'd hire more. Peter Venkman: Janine,
Peter Venkman: someone with your qualifications would have no trouble finding a top flight job in either the food service or housekeeping industries. Are you going to answer that? Janine Melnitz: Quit better jobs than this.
Unknown: Ghostbusters. Janine Melnitz: What do you want? Peter Venkman: Can I help you? I'm Walter Peck.
Peter Venkman: I represent the Environmental Protection Agency, the third district. Great. How's it going down there? Are you Peter? Vicky? Yes. I'm Dr. Venkman. Exactly what are you a doctor of, Mr. Venkman? Well, I have PhDs in parapsychology and psychology. I see. And now you catch ghosts. Yeah, you could say that. And how many ghosts have you caught, Mr. Fink? I'm not at liberty to say. And where do you put these ghosts once you catch them? Into a storage facility. And would this storage facility be located on these premises? Yes. And may I see this storage facility? No. And why not, Mr. Venkman? Because you did not use the magic word. What is the magic word, Mr. Venkman? Please. May I please see the storage facility? Mr. Venkat, why do you want to see the storage facility? Well, because I'm curious. I want to know more about what you do here. Frankly, there have been a lot of wild stories in the media and we Want to assess any possible environmental impact from your operation. For instance, the presence of noxious, possibly hazardous waste chemicals in your basement. Now, you either show me what is down there, or I come back with a court order. You go get a court order and I'll sue your ass for wrongful process. You can have it your way, Mr. Venkman. Matt Ghostbuster: I'm worried, Ray. Egon Spengler: It's getting
Egon Spengler: crowded in there. And all my recent data points to something big on the horizon.
Peter Venkman: What do you mean, the big? Egon Spengler: Well, let's say
Egon Spengler: this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. According to this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie 35ft long, weighing approximately 600 pounds.
Peter Venkman: That's a big Twinkie. We could be on the verge of a fourfold cross rip, a PKE surge of incredible, even dangerous, proportions. We just had a visit from the Environmental Protection Agency. How's the grid holding up? Egon Spengler: It's not good. Peter Venkman: Tell them about the Twinkie. What about the Twinkie? Cort: Oh, my God, that clip
Cort: was so long. But that was so amazing. That's like the heart of this film was that clip. Matt Ghostbuster: Yep, yep. Let's see here. So,
Matt Ghostbuster: all right, we have Walter Peck, played by that guy. Actor. For me, I got. What's his name? Cort: William. Matt Ghostbuster: William Atherton. Thank you. Who's just the keen in almost a ton of 1980s films. Cort: It was like,
Cort: him and the guy that played Superman's nemesis in Superman 2 from his high school years, that, like, was all grown up, the shitty security guard. Like, he only ever played one good character. And that was in Willow. Matt Ghostbuster: That's right. Yeah.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. It's just. It's just weird. Cort: Yeah. But, yeah, Atherton is
Cort: like the swarmy villain of the 80s, though. You are correct.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's just. It's. It's insane. That and the guy who played Kent and Real Geniuses and the Adventure party. Cort: And was a bad guy in Real
Cort: Genius. Matt Ghostbuster: They joined forces in Real Geniuses. Yeah. All right, let's move on. Matt Ghostbuster: So anyway,
Matt Ghostbuster: after all that, we cut back to Dana Perry's apartment and we see the statue is. Statues of dogs are starting to crumble a little bit. Danny gets up to her floor and R. Rick Moranis, you know, is like, hey, you going to come to the party? All that. She's like, no, I don't think so. So he gets kind of sad and he, you know, because she's on a date. And then he's like, all right, he can come along. And then again, Rick Moranis is locked out of his apartment. Cort: I do an impression of
Cort: him trying to get into the party where he's shouting, let me in.
Matt Ghostbuster: He does what? He's trying to get away from the dog. Peter Venkman: Yeah, yeah. At that restaurant. Restaurant. Anyway, Danny gets in her apartment, gets a call from her mom, talks a little bit. And of course, her mom's being a mom. And then she gets off the phone exasperated, and then arms come out of her couch and just manhandle her. I want to know what key grip. Got to be the arm that's pretty much tearing her boob on this one, because that guy had a great day at work. He just got to. Hey, man. What do you. What? Hey, grip, come over here. Yeah, yeah. Put on this arm, and you're gonna do some weird. Okay, can I just hide in the couc. Cort: Can I just say that when the arms come out and grab
Cort: her like that, I found it weirdly erotic because that one was grabbing at her tit, and I was like, dude, I want to be demon hands. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, right. I mean, blood was. I mean, I swear
Matt Ghostbuster: to God, you see a boob come out real quick. But that's. That's the other here door there. That. Actually, when I was a kid, that was the only scene in Ghostbusters that scared me. Peter Venkman: Oh. Cort: I don't know why we haven't gotten to mine
Cort: yet. But when we get there, I'll talk about it. Matt Ghostbuster: This one and then one
Matt Ghostbuster: other one. When we get there, I'll talk about it. But anyway, so she gets pulled in this closet where you see the dog person, and then, you know, everything's kind of insane. You cut back to the top of the roof, and now both statues are broken in pieces. Cut back to Rick Moranis's party, and it's such a funny way of how he goes around the room. I had to include it as our next clip. Cort: No, that's fair. It's Rick.
Janine Melnitz: Do you have any Excedrin or extra Strength Tylenol?
Peter Venkman: Gee, I think all I got is acetic acid.
Cort: Generic. Peter Venkman: See, I can get 600 tests tablets of that for the same price as
Peter Venkman: 300 of a name brand. That makes good financial sense. Good advice. Hey, this is real smoked salmon from nova Scotia, Canada. 24.95 a pound. It only cost me 1412 after tax, though. I'm giving this whole thing as a promotional expense. That's why I invited clients instead of friends. You having a good time, Mark? How you doing? Why don't you have some of the brie? It's at room temperature. You think it's too warm in here for the Brie. Janine Melnitz: Lewis, I'm going home. And don't leave yet. And listen, maybe if we start dancing, other people will join in. Oh, don't move. I just gotta get the door. Glad you could come. How you doing? Give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming. Ted has a small carpet cleaning business and receivership. Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago. They got 50, 15,000 left on the house at 8%. So they're. Okay. So does anybody want to play partisan? Okay, who brought the dog?
Cort: God, Rick Moranis is the fucking king in that. And I'm serious. Like, however erudite and full of knowledge and eloquent I may seem on air. Mackinac test. If I am in a large group of people, I am very much as nervous and info dumping like a weirdo like Rick Moranis does. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, but, I mean, it's just hilarious.
Matt Ghostbuster: He tells everyone, like, they're all the customers, private businesses. And then like, also. So I invited clients instead of friends. Shit. You're just like, God damn, that's weird.
Cort: Yeah. He throws a party. He invites clients so that he can make it a tax deductible thing, because he's that kind of an accountant. But then he also is giving away the financials without giving away the financials. You know, like, he always tells people their Social Security numbers of each other, but they're okay. Matt Ghostbuster: All right,
Matt Ghostbuster: who brought the dog? Cort: You know, for the way
Cort: the economy was in the 80s. Ted and Annette, I think he said their names were. Yeah, they're doing okay, if you really listen to. Matt Ghostbuster: Really well. Especially for being in New York City. Cort: Yeah. In the 80s. They're doing really, really well. She's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus, which means she did really good earlier in her life and is pretty much retired early. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Cort: That's awesome for them. Congratulation. Now we can move on. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Yeah. I mean,
Matt Ghostbuster: Ted and Annette, if they're still alive to this day. Good on you guys. You guys are having a good time. Cort: Yeah. Yeah. Their kids
Cort: probably had a college fund because they sound like they were doing well.
Matt Ghostbuster: Probably. I mean, hey, listen, it was. It was good stuff for getting that there. Anyway, so I love the blonde who just. She. She's actually it. I think she's into Rick Moranis in this. Cort: And he can't see it, you know, the fact that
Cort: he wanted to dance with her. Yeah, I think, like, I think so, too. Yeah. I think she was mildly interested in him and he. Matt Ghostbuster: I don't think mildly.
Matt Ghostbuster: I think she was there for a reason. That she was looking to get some accounting tail out of him. And he's so oblivious that he didn't know. And his dancing was just so. Hey, you're not having fun. Let's have fun. Because he can't see it. It's like, Jesus, man. Cort: Yeah. She was threatening to leave because he wasn't paying enough
Cort: attention to her. You're right. I never saw that before. Because I'm just as blind as Rick Moranis in this part. Peter Venkman: Same here. Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: It took me years before I realized what the fuck was going on. You know what? I think you should start writing a newsletter. I would subscribe to it. Matt Ghostbuster: All right, this is. Peter Venkman: Here's.
Matt Ghostbuster: Here's what's. Here's what's actually happening by that. He runs out. He's like, you know, he's like, I'm gonna bring this up in the next 10 of meetings. There supposed to be dogs in the apartment. And the dog chases after him. He gets to the restaurant. He's trying to get in dog fights. And I think I have a milk Bone. I just love. Everyone calls these things dogs with demons. But all right. Everyone's called it a do. Cort: Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: And so then he's. Obviously, he gets possessed. So then Bill Murray gets to Dana's apartment, or Peter Venkman gets to Dana's apartment, knocks on the door, and that leads to our next clip. Peter Venkman: Hello.
Peter Venkman: That's a different look for you, isn't it? Dana Barrett: Are you the Key Master? Not that I know of.
Dana Barrett: Are you the Key Master? Peter Venkman: Yes,
Peter Venkman: I'm a friend of his. He told me to meet him here. I didn't get your name. Dana Barrett: I am Zul. I am
Dana Barrett: the Gatekeeper. Peter Venkman: Oh.
Peter Venkman: What are we doing today, Zul? Dana Barrett: We must prepare for the coming of Gozer. Gozer, huh? Dana Barrett: The Destructor. Are we still going out? You know, you could pick up the place if you're expecting someone. Dana Barrett: I want this body. Is this a trick question? I guess the roses worked, huh? Dana Barrett: Take me now, sub creature. We never talk anymore. I'm making a rule never to get involved with possessed people. Actually, it's more of a guideline than a rule. You know, I can.
Dana Barrett: I want you inside me.
Peter Venkman: Go ahead. No, I can't. Sounds like you got at least two people in there already. Might be a little crowded. Come on. Why don't you just quit trying to upset and disturb Dr. Beckman and just relax? Lie down there. Relax. Put your hands on your chest. What? I'd really like to do is talk to Dana. I want to talk to Dana. Dana, it's Peter. Dana Barrett: There is no Dana. There is only
Dana Barrett: Zul. Peter Venkman: Oh, Zulie, you nut. Now come on.
Peter Venkman: Come on. I want to talk to Dana. Dana, just relax. Come on. Dana. Dana. Can I talk to Dana? Matt Ghostbuster: There is
Matt Ghostbuster: no Dana, only Z. Peter Venkman: What a lovely
Peter Venkman: singing voice you must have. Now I'm going to count to three, Zullie. And if I don't get to talk to Dana, there's going to be some real trouble in this apartment, I think. One.
Matt Ghostbuster: Two. Peter Venkman: Two and
Peter Venkman: a half. Please come down. Cort: Okay, so when I watched this
Cort: for the show, Bev ended up watching it with me. And during this scene she ends up actually kind of surprised, surprising me because she says, go ahead. No, I shouldn't or something along that lines. It wasn't quite the right quote, but I knew what she meant. And then I said the go ahead. No, I can't. You know, like whatever. Yeah, whatever. It actually was that was in the like right as he was saying I said it and I got it right. And then she shocked the shit out of me and ended up quoting at the same time when he says, sounds like there's two people in there already or I don't think there's enough room. Sounds like there's two people. She says that whole quote, that immediate line following it, and I was like, damn. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. By the way,
Matt Ghostbuster: an effective jump scare. Cort: Yeah, yeah. Where she starts rising off
Cort: the bed and like, yeah, yeah, yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: And then he's like, oh.
Matt Ghostbuster: And then she. She yells at you. She does the rawr. You know, you're just like, jesus Christ. It's one of the few jump scares you actually get into this. It was supposed to be a comedy flick, you know. Cort: Can I also
Cort: state that possessed Sigourney Weaver floating on the ceiling became a thing for me and I was like kind of thank you movie even as a young kid. Which I think really talks a lot about the stuff that I'm into sexually. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, no, that's. I don't.
Matt Ghostbuster: I'm not mad at you for that. Yes. No, I get it.
Cort: Possessed could steal my soul. I would be the full on key master. Which would really disappoint the demon and probably get me killed. But we're. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, right. The demon be like, all right,
Matt Ghostbuster: you're. This is. This is horseshit. But the castle didn't open up now. So then we cut to the key master is running around trying to find the gate. Gatekeeper. He finds a horse who he thinks is the gatekeeper. Starts going all through the gibberish. And the guy goes, hey, you talked to me for the ride. And he starts screaming at the end of the world. And the guy has the best line, just a throwaway line. Goes, what an. I don't know why, every time in that movie, it always makes me laugh when we got. He's yelling about the apocalypse and the guy just looks over, he goes, what an.
Cort: It's so fitting though, right? Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah. For New York, you know. Cort: Yeah, totally. Matt Ghostbuster: Well, eventually the key master is brought to
Matt Ghostbuster: the Ghostbusters. And that is all. Our next clip. Janine Melnitz: Dropping off
Janine Melnitz: or picking up? Peter Venkman: Dropping off. Janine Melnitz: Just a moment.
Egon Spengler: You a Ghostbuster? Yes. Peter Venkman: We picked up this guy. Now we
Peter Venkman: don't know what to do with him. Cort: Bellevue doesn't want him and I'm afraid. To put him in the lockup. And I know you guys are into. Egon Spengler: This stuff,
Egon Spengler: so I figured we'd check with you. All right. Peter Venkman: Are you the
Peter Venkman: Gatekeeper? Egon Spengler: You better bring him inside.
Janine Melnitz: You are so kind to take care of that man. Are you a real humanitarian. Egon Spengler: I don't think he's human.
Egon Spengler: What did you say your name was? Peter Venkman: Vince Clortho. Key master of
Peter Venkman: Gozer. Janine Melnitz: According to this, his name's Louis Tully. Lives on Central Park
Janine Melnitz: West. Do you want some coffee, Mr. Tully? Peter Venkman: Do I. Egon Spengler: Yes, have some. Peter Venkman: Yes, have some.
Egon Spengler: Vince, you said before you were waiting for a sign. What sign are you waiting for? Peter Venkman: Gozer the Traveler. He will
Peter Venkman: come in one of the pre chosen forms. During the rectification of the Voldrani, the Traveler came as a large amount moving toward. Then during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetric supplicants, they chose a new forum for him, that of a giant slur. Many shubs and zuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the slur that day. I can tell you. Janine Melnitz: Egon. Egon Spengler: Excuse me.
Janine Melnitz: There's something very strange about that man. Listen, I'm usually very psychic and I have a terrible feeling that something awful's gonna happen to you. I'm afraid you're gonna die.
Egon Spengler: I'll get it. Hello?
Peter Venkman: Egon, it's Peter. Egon Spengler: Thanks. I've got it. Peter Venkman: I have some news from the world of Gozer. Egon Spengler: What is it, Peter? Peter Venkman: I'm here with Dana Barrett. It seems the GOES has been putting some moves on my would be girlfriend. Matt Ghostbuster: How is she? Peter Venkman: I think we can get her a guest shot on Wild Kingdom. I just whacked her up with about 300cc's of Thorazine. She's going to take a little nap now, but she Says she's the gatekeeper. Is that make any sense to you? Matt Ghostbuster: Some.
Egon Spengler: I just met the Key Master. He's here with me now. Peter Venkman: Oh,
Peter Venkman: wonderful. We have to get these two together. Egon Spengler: I think that
Egon Spengler: would be extraordinarily dangerous. Peter Venkman: Okay, well, hold on to him.
Peter Venkman: I'll be there in a little while. Egon Spengler: Good. Thank you. Egon Spengler: Vince, we have to find Ray. I need him here immediately. Bad news, honey. I gotta go to work. Hey, we stay here in bed until I get back. Hey, Ray, do you believe in God? Never met him. Yeah, well, I do. And I love Jesus's style, you know? This roof cap is made of a magnesium tungsten alloy. What are you so involved with? These are the blueprints for the structural iron work in Dana Barrett's apartment building. And they're very, very strange. Do you remember something in the Bible about the last days when the dead would rise from the grave? I remember Revelation 7:12. And I looked as he opened the sixth seal. And behold, there was a great earthquake. And the sun became as black as sackcloth. Cort: And the moon became
Cort: as blood. Peter Venkman: And the seas boiled and the skies fell.
Peter Venkman: Judgment day, Judge. For every ancient religion has its own myth about the end of the world. Matt Ghostbuster: Myth? Ray, has it ever occurred to you that maybe the reason we've been so busy lately is because the dead have been rising from the grave? How about a little music?
Cort: Okay, so one of the scenes that has always creeped me out and still to this day is the conversation they have during the highway when they start quoting from the Book of Revelations and realize that they may actually be seeing signs that were talked about on what the end of the world would look like. And it freaks them out to the point where they have to listen to music. That always freaked me out as a kid. Matt Ghostbuster: That. You know what? That gets
Matt Ghostbuster: me, too. That's another one that gets me. Yeah, it's just like, you know, it's a little. You know, that's. That's spine tingling, Chili, about how that goes.
Cort: Yeah, because it just really shows the gravity of this comedy where it's like, yeah, these guys are having a good time and we're all laughing about this, but this is very dire. This is. Matt Ghostbuster: This could
Matt Ghostbuster: still be end of the world type stuff. Yeah. Where we all die a terrible death. So, yeah. Anyway, we cut to the next morning and Miss Walter Peck walks in with a police officer and electrician. And that is our next clip. Janine Melnitz: Excuse me, Just where
Janine Melnitz: do you think you're going? Peter Venkman: Step aside, miss, or I'll have you arrested for interfering
Peter Venkman: with the police officer. Janine Melnitz: Oh, no. Hold on. I've seen tv. I know you can't
Janine Melnitz: come in here without a warrant or a riddle or something. Peter Venkman: Cease and assist all
Peter Venkman: Commerce Order. Seizure of premises and Chattels. Ban on the use of public utilities for non licensed waste handlers. And a federal entry and inspection order.
Egon Spengler: Vince, there's one more test I'd like to perform. Matt Ghostbuster: Hey. Gun.
Janine Melnitz: I tried to stop them. He says they have a warrant.
Matt Ghostbuster: Excuse me. Egon Spengler: This is private property. Peter Venkman: Shut this off. Shut these all off.
Egon Spengler: I'm warning you. Turning off these machines would be extremely hazardous. Peter Venkman: I'll tell you
Peter Venkman: what's hazardous. You're facing federal prosecution for at least a half a dozen environmental violations. Now, either you shut off these beams or we shut them up for you.
Egon Spengler: Try to understand. This is a high voltage laser containment system. Simply turning it off would be like dropping a bomb in the city. Peter Venkman: Don't patronize
Peter Venkman: me. I'm not grotesquely stupid like the people you built. At ease, officer. I'm Peter Venkman. I think there's just been a slight misunderstanding and I want to cooperate in any way that I can. Forget it, Venkman. You had your chance to cooperate, but you thought it'd be more fun to insult me when. Now it is my turn, wise ass. Egon Spengler: He wants to shut down the protection grid, Peter. You shut that thing down and we are not going to be held responsible for whatever happened. No, we won't be held responsible. Don't shut it off. I'm warning you. I've never seen anything like this before. I don't. I'm not interested in your opinion. Just shut it off. My friend, don't be a jerk. Step aside. If he does that again, you can shoot him. You do your job, pencil neck. Don't tell me how to do mine. You. Officer, shut it off.
Matt Ghostbuster: I just love that cop was super annoyed. He had to be there. Like, this is not why I got the policing was to turn this off. Cort: This is called New York Police Officer, though. Yeah, the cop turns it off. Or the cop, the electrician turns it off. With everything starts l goes, oh. And bad stuff happens. The. The containment unit explodes. Everything's getting out. The Key master's like, this is a side. And I love Janine. He goes, it's a sign. All right, we're going out of business. They all are kind of just going through it. And then the. The. The Key master kind of gets away. The gun's like, where's the Key master? They're all going to go look for him. And that's when Walter Peck stops him, wants him arrested. He goes, they caused this. And that's when he got. Goes, your mother.
Cort: The most emotional I've seen out of Egon. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. And then that leads
Matt Ghostbuster: to some. Another scary part in the second montage of the mov is for the ghosts. And then this is all the ghosts releasing back into the city. And the one thing that always scared me was the one in the taxi cab. Yep. Cort: Taxi Cab one was like,
Cort: poltergeist terrifying whenever he shows up. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah, that skeleton.
Matt Ghostbuster: And you're just like, jesus Christ. But it also served the guy get the car right. Let's not. Dle. It's like, you know what, man? Peter Venkman: You. Matt Ghostbuster: How's that sound? Cort: Yeah, the taxi cab puppet of
Cort: the skeleton. That reanimated thing always reminded me of the COVID of Creep show and terrified me. And it also reminded me of some of the skeleton skeletons and like, poltergeist and like, that kind of thing. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I agree. Cort: Yeah, that was the thing that always kind of, like, terrified me. And what's weird is when I would watch this, the thing that would always get stuck in the back of my mind whenever I was trying to go to sleep later that night is the image of that fucking skeleton starting up the taxicab. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah, yeah. That was.
Matt Ghostbuster: That was horrific. That was a good job, whoever did the shit for that. It was good. Cort: All right, I'm done.
Cort: We can move on. Sorry. Matt Ghostbuster: All right, so everything's going through and.
Matt Ghostbuster: And the gatekeeper wakes up. She sees all the ghosts coming and they blow up her apartment. Then we cut to the guys. They are in jail. And that is our next clip. Peter Venkman: Hey,
Peter Venkman: guard. Look, I want to make a phone call. Yeah, just work with these guys, man. Matt Ghostbuster: I wasn't even there.
Egon Spengler: The structure of this roof cap is exactly like the kind of telemetry tracker that NASA uses to identify dead pulsars in deep space.
Peter Venkman: Cold, riveted girders with cores of pure selenium. Everybody getting this so far? So what? I guess they just don't make them like they used to, huh? No. Nobody ever made them like this. I mean, the architect was either a certified genius or an authentic wacko. Ray, for a moment, pretend that I don't know anything about metallurgy engineering or physics and just tell me what the hell is going on. You never studied. The whole building is a huge superconductive antenna that was designed and built expressly for the purpose of pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence. Your girlfriend lives in the corner penthouse of spook central. She's not my girlfriend. I find her interesting because she's a client and because she sleeps above her covers. 4ft above her covers. She barks. She drools. She claws.
Egon Spengler: It's not the girl, Peter. It's the building. Something terrible is about to enter our world, and this building is obviously the door. The architect's name was Ivo Shandor. I found it in Tobin's Spirit Guide. He was also a doctor. Performed a lot of unnecessary surgery. And then in 1920, he started a secret, secret society. Peter Venkman: Let me
Peter Venkman: guess. Ghost are worshippers, right? No studying. Egon Spengler: After the First World War, Shandor decided
Egon Spengler: that society was too sick to survive. And he wasn't alone. He had close to a thousand followers when he died. They conducted rituals up on the roof, bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the world. And now it looks like it may actually happen. Peter Venkman: So be good, for goodness
Peter Venkman: sake. Whoa. Somebody's coming. We have to get out of here. We've got to find a judge or something. Hey, wait a minute. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Hold it. Are we actually going to go before a federal judge and say that some moldy Babylonian God is going to drop in on Central park west and start tearing up the city? Egon Spengler: Sumerian, not Babylonian. Peter Venkman: Yeah, big difference. No offense, but I got to get my own lawyer. Okay. Ghostbusters. The mayor wants to see you guys. The whole island's going crazy. Let's go. I got a split. The mayor wants to rap with me about some things. Cort: We neglected to talk about it, like we said we
Cort: were going to, because the clip was rather long, surprisingly, on us, and we'll see how that affects the editing. But the main reason that Winston is my favorite Ghostbuster and the one I identify with the most is, as you said, he is the Everyman. And the whole, like, if there's a steady paycheck in it, you know, I'll believe anything you say. But the thing I love the most is the line where they go through all of this stuff, and he's like, this is the defense that you guys want to go with? And his response is, no offense, but I gotta get my own lawyer is the most me thing I could ever think of saying in that same situation. So same. Like, that's why I'm always like, yeah, fucking Winston's my man. Matt Ghostbuster: The other guys are like,
Matt Ghostbuster: winston has it all, right. Cort: The other guys are like, towards the. Very end, when they come up with the last plan, he goes, his job's definitely not worth another five a year.
Cort: That's everything. Matt Ghostbuster: I would be saying that when I was a Kid. I wanted to
Matt Ghostbuster: be Venkman. When I was an adult. I realized I'm just Winston.
Cort: Yeah. Yeah. See, like, I identify with Winston. And it was the same where I was a kid. I always wanted to be more like Venkman. But as I get older, I think I'm more like Ray, you know? Yeah. But I very much approach life like Winston. I'm very mercenary about life. Very much so. And if you want to include the later movies that end up happening, where Winston comes back. His very mercenary style makes him very successful in life. And I like that so much. So I'm going to include. Matt Ghostbuster: He became a successful businessman
Matt Ghostbuster: because of. Cort: How shrewd and good at what he is. He does. He is.
Cort: Yeah. All right. We could move on. Of course, I had to just give a little Winston love. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, of course. Of course. Well,
Matt Ghostbuster: then we cut to the key. Master finds the gatekeeper, and they get to go into town. Then we cut to City hall, the mayor's office. And that's our next clip. We're blocking the bridges, the roads. Peter Venkman: The Ghostbusters
Peter Venkman: are here, Mr. Mayor. The Ghostbusters. Okay, the Ghostbusters. Hey, where's this pack? I am Walter Peck, sir, and I'm prepared to make a full report. These men are consummate snowball artists. They use sense and nerve gases to induce hallucinations. People think they're seeing ghosts, and they call these bozos who conveniently show up to deal with the problem with a fake electric. Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here. They caused an explosion. Is this true? Yes, it's true. This man has no dick. Jesus. Well, that's what I heard. City hall. Now what am I gonna do here, John? What is this? All I know is that was no light show we saw this morning. I've seen every form of combustion known to man but this. The walls in the 53rd Precinct were bleeding. How do you explain that? Good afternoon, gentlemen. Oh, your Eminence. How are you, Lenny? You're looking good, Mike. We're in a real fix here. What do you think I should do? Lenny, officially, the church will not take any position on the religious implications of these phenomena. Personally, Lenny, I think. I think it's a sign from God. But don't quote me on that. No, I think that's a smart move, Mike. Well, I'm not going to call a press conference and tell everyone to start praying. Oh. I'm Winston Zeddamore, your Honor. Look, I've only been with the company for a couple of weeks. But I gotta tell you, these things are real. Since I joined these men, I have seen shit that'll turn you white. Well, you believe, Mr. Pecker. My name is Peck. Or you could accept the fact that this city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportion. What do you mean, biblical? What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor. Real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Egon Spengler: 40 years of darkness.
Egon Spengler: Earthquakes. Volcanoes. Peter Venkman: The dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice.
Peter Venkman: Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria. Enough. I get the point. What if you're wrong? If I'm wrong, nothing happens. We go to jail peacefully, quietly. We'll enjoy it. But if I'm right and we can stop this thing, Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters. I don't believe you're seriously considering listening to these men. Get him out of here.
Cort: Bye. Peter Venkman: I'll fix you, Vin. I'm going to fix you. I'm going to get
Peter Venkman: you a nice fruit basket. I'm going to miss him. We got work to do now. What do you need from me?
Cort: That was a great choice for a clip. There's everything that needs to be in this, like, review had to be in that clip. Yeah, absolutely. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah,
Matt Ghostbuster: yeah, yeah. I mean, come on. It's the dickless comment. It's everything.
Cort: Yeah. The cat, dog, living dig together, all of that is just great.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. If we would see going, I have seen shit that will turn you white. Cort: Once again, A thing that I was like,
Cort: yeah, I get what he's saying here. Matt Ghostbuster: Like, yeah, yeah, I get it. Cort: He's like, look, I don't have time to tell you all of the shit that I've seen, but just believe me when I tell you that I have seen some shit with these people. And this shit is real. Matt Ghostbuster: It's.
Matt Ghostbuster: It's. It's bad. Yeah. Cort: Straight talk like that is just
Cort: amazing. Matt Ghostbuster: I know. I love it. So they run
Matt Ghostbuster: all the red lights. Hey, come on, let's want some red lights? They get to the apartment, a great earthquake happens. It almost swallows them up. But they survive it. They get out and then they go. Cort: Freaked me
Cort: out as a kid, too, was the earthquake and them getting dumped in there. It always terrified me. Matt Ghostbuster: But then my favorite is, you want to get rough?
Matt Ghostbuster: Let's get rough. Let's do it. Yeah. And then it shows them walking up all the stairs because the elevators are out. And it goes right from the we're badasses to again, funniness. And they go, what floor are we on we're the Teens. All right, tell me we get to 20, because I'm going to throw up.
Cort: I've used that one when I've had to take the stairs plenty of times.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yep. Then we cut to Dana and the Key Master. Well, I'm sorry. The Gatekeeper and the Key Master, they have finished doing the deed. They're now taking their places. The fellas get up to Dana's room. Everything's smashed. And they go. They see some stairs to go up. And Peter's getting ready to go up first. And like, big lightning strike happens. And he goes, all right, everyone, go ahead. Peter Venkman: Come on. Go ahead. Go ahead. Pushes everyone ahead. They see the two lightning strikes, and they both turn into the Demon Dogs. And then before we know it, Gozer shows up. And that is our next clip. I thought Gozer was a man.
Egon Spengler: It's whatever it wants to be. Peter Venkman: But whatever it is, it's got to get by
Peter Venkman: us, right? Go get her, Ray. Gozer the Gozarian. Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the city, city, county and state of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension. That ought to do it. Thanks very much. Ray, are you a God? No. Then, Ray, when someone asks you if. Matt Ghostbuster: You'Re a God,
Matt Ghostbuster: you say yes. All right. Peter Venkman: This chick is toast.
Peter Venkman: Got your stick? Beat him up. Make them hard. Ready? Let's just this prehistoric how we do things downtown. Simple little mink and she. Egon Spengler: We better go full stream. Aim for the flat top one so hard, we neutronized it. You know what that means? A complete particle reversal. We had the tools. We had talent. It's Miller time. Egon Spengler: Ray,
Egon Spengler: this looks extraordinarily bad. Peter Venkman: Oh, no.
Peter Venkman: What?
Matt Ghostbuster: Traveler has come. Unknown: Chose ability.
Peter Venkman: What do you mean, choose? We don't understand.
Matt Ghostbuster: Choose. Peter Venkman: Choose the form
Peter Venkman: of the destructor. Oh, I get it. I get it. Oh, very cute. Whatever we think of. If we think of J. Edgar Hoover, J. Edgar Hoover will appear and destroy us. Okay? So empty your hands. Empty your hands. Don't think of anything. We've only got one shot at this. The choice is made. The Traveler has come. Nobody choose anything. Did you choose anything? No. Did you? Mine is totally blank. I didn't choose anything. I couldn't help it. It just popped in there. What? What just popped in there? I, I, I tried to think. Matt Ghostbuster: Look. Peter Venkman: No, it can't be. What is it? It can't be. What did you do, Ray? Oh, it's the Stay Puft Marshmallow. Man. Well, there's something you don't see every day. I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft. Nice thinking, Ray. We used to roast Stay Puft marshmallows by the fire at cap. Wanda, Ray has gone. Bye, bye, E gun. What have you got left?
Egon Spengler: Sorry, Bankman. I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
Peter Venkman: Oh, no. Mother puss bucket. Nobody steps on a church in my town. One, two, three. Matt Ghostbuster: Welcome. Funny, us going out like this. Killed by a hundred foot marshmallow man. We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor. He's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble. Egon Spengler: I have a radical idea.
Egon Spengler: The door swings both ways. We could reverse the particle flow through the gate. Peter Venkman: How? Egon Spengler: We'll cross the streams. Peter Venkman: Excuse me. Eon. You said crossing the streams was bad.
Peter Venkman: Cross the streams. You're going to endanger us. You're going to endanger our client. The nice lady who paid us in advance before she became a dog. Egon Spengler: Not necessarily. There's definitely
Egon Spengler: a very slim chance we'll survive.
Peter Venkman: I love this plan. I'm excited to be a part of it. Let's do it. The job is definitely not worth 11. Five a year.
Cort: That's where he says, another five a year. That line is definitely.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, they're just five a year. Cort: Yeah, I agree with
Cort: almost everything. Like, and when someone asks if you're a God, you say yes. That is so me. I would so say that to somebody. Matt Ghostbuster: Well,
Matt Ghostbuster: also, my favorite part is when they finally get it up there. And they say they see the Steve Puff Marshmallow Man. And it goes. Ray has gone by. He go, what do you got left? He goes, sorry, Vegman, I'm too scared to. Cort: Terrified behind the cuff.
Cort: I'm too terrified for. I'm too terrified for any kind of rational thought. Or something along those lines. Yeah. I love that. Matt Ghostbuster: And then my favorite is
Matt Ghostbuster: with. It looks up and it sees them and Winston. Oh, no, Peter. Mother puss bucket. I'm just pissed off. I use mother puss bucket to this day. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Cort: And it was. I'm too terrified
Cort: beyond the capacity for rational thought. Yeah, yeah. Something along those lines. Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: But I do. I love
Matt Ghostbuster: when they see them. It just. Winston, oh, no. Mother us it. So they go. We complete our pee joke by crossing the streams. The door closes. Large explosion. They're all coming out. And everyone but Peter is covered in marshmallow. And it seems that the two dogs are burnt into statues again. Thinking that Dana and Rick Moran's character are now dead. Peter walks away. Cort: Sad about Dana. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Really. Peter walks away when a hand comes out of one of the statues. It's Dana. They're getting her out. Rick Moranis is getting out. Cort: Rick Moranis breaks himself out most
Cort: of the way and just gets stuck with that. Matt Ghostbuster: But he has the head on
Matt Ghostbuster: him. Cort: Right? Matt Ghostbuster: Has to get the head off of him. Cort: Nobody tries to check on
Cort: him at all until he breaks himself out and says, somebody get me out of here. Matt Ghostbuster: Is get me out of here. Cort: Returning back to his locked in the apartment thing again. That. That way that he whines. Anyway, back to the clip. Matt Ghostbuster: Peter sends them out. And this leads to our
Matt Ghostbuster: final clip. Peter Venkman: For the super superintendent's gonna
Peter Venkman: be pissed. Are you okay? Who are you guys? We're the Ghostbusters. Who does your taxes? You know? Mr. Tully, you are a most fortunate individual. I know you have been a participant in the biggest interdimensional cross rep since the Tunguska blast of 1909. Felt great. Egon Spengler: We'd like
Egon Spengler: to get a sample of your brain tissue. Peter Venkman: Ok.
Peter Venkman: I love this town.
Matt Ghostbuster: All right. They all get back to the car. Putting stuff away. Celebrations all around. Roll credits. Peter Venkman: Cinema S.
Peter Venkman: 10 years. 10 years. God. Cort: This movie's
Cort: great. I can't believe that we were able to get it done in basically under an hour before we throw in the fully edited clips. You know. Right.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Cort: Like this is just like us skipping through the clips to be able to
Cort: do our review as efficiently as possible. And I can't. Matt Ghostbuster: It's mainly because
Matt Ghostbuster: the reason it's that long is because I'm not describing anything. Because the whole movie. I almost put the whole movie right. Cort: Well, I did
Cort: same. You know. That's. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Cort: One of the things that I want to definitely talk about that's true of both Ghostbusters films is they find a way to bring you into a very deep and rich and dark world of ghosts and demons and the occult in the occult and supernatural realms. But approaching it from a scientific aspect or view that makes it to where they're not terrified because they're just coming up with solutions to deal with the problems based in science. Which is fucking awesome. It's a really great approach. And you gotta credit that to Dan Aykroyd. That idea. You know, which is just terrific because it makes things that normally would be terrifying to you as a kid seem less terrifying. Because we have a way to counteract that with science, like, the fact that, like, supernatural fears can be counteracted with science is the most amazing part of Ghostbusters to me.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, I agree. Yeah. It's just like. And it makes you less scared of the creepiness stuff because science helps, right? Cort: But the thing that they
Cort: do the best about the creepy stuff is all of their enthusiastic dialogue where they talk about things, they point out things, and they dig deep into this really weird occultic stuff that you're like, this sounds like a complete and utter bullshit, only it's actually happening to them. And so you are like, okay, well, this is happening to them in their reality, no matter how much this doesn't make sense or whatever. And then they go into a scientific explanation about how this stuff may actually be working based on speculation of some things having to do with what is and isn't you verified supernatural activity. But they're still kind of on the fringe science of studying it. And the way that they just deal with all of this is just through mostly dialogue. You barely see that many ghosts. And when you do see ghosts, yeah, some of them are really scary. Some of them are not. But they actually create this giant world and make you really feel like the world is ending with only showing you, like, a handful of ghosts and special effects. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. So. Oh, God, yeah. Just a handful of special effects. Yeah. But just. I mean, the movie was written well, acted well. Cort: It's all. They tell you the story through dialogue
Cort: for most of the film, for the deepest, scariest parts of it. And it becomes sort of like a folktale kind of thing in your head when they're telling you the story and you're seeing the funny, that's keeping you distracted from how terrifying the actual story can be. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, the story. I mean, if you think about the story's fucking scary
Matt Ghostbuster: as shit, right? Cort: I mean, literally, the world is ending because a
Cort: madman built a specific building to be a conduit from the spirit world that is finally starting to work.
Matt Ghostbuster: For worshipers who thought society was too.
Cort: Sick to survive 30 or 40 years before this film takes place. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just insane, but good shit.
Matt Ghostbuster: And. Yeah, I don't know, man. I. Oh, such a good movie.
Cort: All right, why don't we take the break here? We'll go ahead and play another song for the pirate radio edit, Alessia, I think. But the song is saving the day from the soundtrack of Ghostbusters on the pirate radio edit. We come back, we'll have Matt's story time.
Unknown: While I am sure knowing that you really exist and Are not just a character in a story with no control over your own choices may be comforting. It does not account for all the suffering that one has to go through, which is, in fact, a total bummer that it is real in every reality and every story. We haven't found a way for sentient beings to exist without suffering. This seems to be a prerequisite to know you exist. I think I myself may not even be real, which means that all the suffering I have witnessed is allegorical and even more cruel in that those who suffered existed only to do so because someone else was too much of a prick to not know any better without a sadistic story teaching them a lesson. Sorry, I am rambling again. Look, the review of Ghostbusters was great. Try to enjoy it and not worry too much about the nature of your existence and why suffering is a prerequisite to being sent. The less you think about it, the more fun it is to know you exist. Hope the rest of the show helps distract you from these thoughts, if only for whatever stupid shit they have to say during story time. Cort: All right, I gotta cut that
Cort: off. But, yeah, that guy that got me jazzed up as well. The montage songs are definitely the ones to go. Peter Venkman: Oh, yeah, for this day. Oh, God, I'm gonna nap. Ask for your story time just to get you to stop. So please give me story time. Matt Ghostbuster: Story time. Okay, so we're going to have kind of a shared story time here because I'm going to try and, like, fill it in as best as possible. But I would say the story time is about the time that our wives tried to get you and I to go to a fancy restaurant as, like, a double date kind of thing. And they have regretted it and never repeated that ever since. Matt Ghostbuster: I think the only time they did is we went to
Matt Ghostbuster: that nice Italian restaurant like, a year or two ago.
Cort: Yeah. But they keep us separated whenever they did that. Like, now they know to not let us sit near each other at a restaurant.
Matt Ghostbuster: Yes, that's true. Yeah. We were at a round table at this nice restaurant, and I'm like, everything is white in this restaurant. White. Now, their food choices were very much kind of, you know, because there are wings there. And there's. There's a reason for this story because you had the wings. We'll get to that. Cort: It's a very. Let me.
Cort: Let me just interject here. It's a very fancy restaurant. The reason that we picked it is our apartment that we were living in at the time was being renovated because it had a very Terrible infestation of termites. At the time, we were renting out the bottom half of somebody's house. So my wife and I were actually staying at a local inn and suites where we had a suite with a kitchen and everything. But we didn't want to cook in that place unless we had to. So we were going out to eat a lot more. This was being paid for while the renovation was done. Including. Including. We had, like, a little food budget and stuff. Anyway, long story short, too late. We picked this fancier restaurant, but it was pretty pricey. And when I was looking over some stuff, the only thing that I really wanted was thankfully a little bit cheaper, and it was the wings. And then also, you guys, we were all eating a little bit less because it was a bit fancy, but it was like more upscale kind of a place. Like you said, everything is white at the restaurant and all of that. Everything is like, you know, real hoity toity sort of atmosphere. Like, I'm kind of surprised they didn't make us put on top ties like that. Kind of upscale is what this place is trying to do for its atmosphere, which doesn't sail in Omaha. They can't force that stuff. Matt Ghostbuster: No, no, that's. That just doesn't happen a lot here
Matt Ghostbuster: in the middle of the country. Cort: Right. So we're already underdressed and
Cort: feeling it because everybody else is trying to make it like a black tie place. And I'm wearing, like a black long sleeve T shirt. And you're like, doing your typical Hawaiian shirt and a suit jacket thing. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, yeah,
Matt Ghostbuster: yeah. So we get an appetizer. Cort was. We were all eating. It wasn't that Cort was eating anything F. It's just the line hit me. That's where the take Cort. Cort: No, you looked at
Cort: the price. You looked at the price? Oh, yeah, I looked at the price you got. You were like, you got how many wings? I was like six. You were like, for how much? And you looked at the menu again, and then you said the line. Matt Ghostbuster: Oh, yeah, okay. And then you're eating. I go,
Matt Ghostbuster: slow down. Chew your food. Anyway, the funnier part of the story is these were really saucy wigs in bright red. Cort: Yes. Matt Ghostbuster: And every napkin we have is a white napkin and cloth, so that, like cheap cloth napkins. And by the time Cort was done eating and wiping his face, the entire sheet was just red and white, but mainly red. Cort: And some of it got the tablecloth, which I tried to clean up,
Cort: but I made it worse because the napkin was already coated in this stuff. And it was like a. It was like a barbecue sauce. So it was like this really thick brown and then also bright red in some areas, too. Yes. Matt Ghostbuster: So we're sitting there. We're all done eating.
Matt Ghostbuster: We're all kind of just talking now. And we all kind of look over a Cort because the waitress hadn't been over to pick anything up, and he just has this mess in front of him. And we're all. Finally, the conversation kind of dies. We're all just staring at Cort, and Cort just looks around. In a louder voice that I thought he was going to use, she goes, it's beautiful. She's a woman now, right?
Cort: Because my napkin looks like it, like, wiped up a bunch of blood streaks. It's all over the. Like. And it's on the table. There's a big blood streak as well. It's just this horrific brown mess that has not been cleaned up yet. And it's even on my plate and everything because there was really saucy wings. Like, they made them extra wet wings. Oh, yeah, they were delicious. Absolutely delicious. The barbecue sauce stuff was absolutely delicious. But again, the. These white napkins and white placements of everything. It looked like there was just smears of, like, mostly dried, very thick menstrual blood. I'm sorry, but that's what it looked like. And I was embarrassed, so that's how I reacted. And Matt started guffawing a lot louder than he intended to and.
Matt Ghostbuster: Oh, God. Well, because I didn't expect you to say that. I mean, it just came out of fucking nowhere, right? Cort: So then I start
Cort: laughing about it, too. And then I. I think I throw the napkin at you and you lose your shit. Even louder then you throw a nap. Matt Ghostbuster: And then the W started laughing because he even thought it was fucking
Matt Ghostbuster: funny, right? Cort: But then we all stop laughing and realize the
Cort: entire restaurant is looking at us like, what the fuck is wrong with you monsters? And just the death stares that we get. And I've never gotten a check faster in my life. Matt Ghostbuster: No, we had to get
Matt Ghostbuster: the fuck out of there, right? Was I smoking still back then? Because I think I went outside to have a cigarette. Cort: Definitely. That's basically what was going on. Matt Ghostbuster: Oh, yeah. Cort: All right, so with that, we're going to take the break. We're gonna play
Cort: their show Housekeeping here. And on the pirate radio edit, it's time. We're gonna play Ray Parker Jr's Ghostbusters right after. If you've decided you can't get enough. Unknown: Of the show, as far as we know,
Unknown: all currently observed Failing timelines seem to take dark turns. Right as year 10 of Cinema PsyOps begins its coverage of what Cort will eventually call Giant Monsters Fucking Shit up. There are multiple spiking timelines formed before this point that have already collapsed in on themselves. The divergence points will seem very familiar to you when you hear them. However, each one is its own separate reality, and each one is another cause of year 10's abrupt podcasting end prior to the promised 520 consecutive weekly releases being completed. With each week that gets closer to the final consecutive release, the likelihood that your timeline can survive will increase incrementally. We can make no promises, but what we can offer you is the comfort of knowing that every version of Kourt will compulsively put out weekly consecutive shows for 10 years unless something horrific stops him. The best shows will have MAD alongside of Cort, but not all realities get to have them Both for year 10, and not all realities get a completed year 10. As you now have made it to the cusp of Giant Monsters Fucking Shit up, I can tell you that your chances of a continuing timeline have greatly increased. Enjoy Ghostbusters 2 next week. It is what the kids used to call the tits. As far as reviews from Kourt go, there are still a few echoes from collapsed timelines that will invade the audio of these shows as time moves on, and the divergent points will make less and less sense as it happens. This is not because Kourt makes this shit up as he goes along and is just as hopelessly lost in his ideas as you are. Though one would not blame you for thinking that lazy fuck would do such a thing. This is because even small decisions cause diverging timelines. The Psyops crew has made some seriously questionable choices that have had reverberations throughout the whole of a multiverse of consciousness. I should not have to tell you how bad these two fucking fuck ups have royally fucked up, as the echoes of these other timelines have undoubtedly convinced you already. Also, I have been informed that drugs exist in your reality that make it easier to convince you that you do not hate the reality you live in. Just remember to stay as hydrated as you can and wash your hands while water is still available to you in your reality.
Cort: All right, we gotta get the fuck out of here. This episode is gonna be extra long, right? Yeah, we shouldn't be fucking around too much, but I wanted to let Ray Parker Jr. Play for just a little bit there, so. Matt Ghostbuster: I mean, come on, it's. It's how
Matt Ghostbuster: famous that song just become.
Cort: Absolutely well, we're gonna go ahead and close it out with, as I'd mentioned before, the song Magic. You're gonna hear that on the pirate radio edit and you're gonna hear the first two minutes of it and hopefully I'll be able to get the last two minutes in there somewhere. But anyway, if that happens and you get to enjoy that, kick the out of your week and make it your bitch.
Unknown: I am not sure if you will find this as an interesting fact or not, but there is a branched timeline out there where Kourt and Matt were not allowed to hang out after that dinner. In the story time that caused the embarrassment of their wives, both significant others of those dimwit Ted dipshits would not let them near each other just long enough to keep them in check. And so Kourt never thought of starting a podcast with Matt. The two of them are actually wildly successful and disgustingly happy because of only being mildly acquainted friends instead of creepy codependent weirdos who spout off half thought out comedic bits and speak in random movie quotes. I don't want to speak ill of them as individuals, however, they seem to inevitably become a source of absolute jackass or e. As a pair, this timeline collapsed because it was far too rigid of a reality. Proving once again that suffering is somehow required in order to be aware of your own existence. This version of them were happy.
Matt Ghostbuster: No, thank you. Peter Venkman: Fuck Matt. Dana Barrett: Fuck you, Matt. Matt Ghostbuster: Fuck you. Cort: Fuck Matt.
Cort: Fuck you, Matt. Peter Venkman: Fuck. Cort: Matt, can you hear me? Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Cort: Okay, you can hear that, I guess. Matt Ghostbuster: Yep. Oh, yeah. Just like the inside of my voices. All right, then we are recording. Unknown: Recording in progress. Cort: All right. I am ready to rock on Ghostbusters if you are. Man, I'm stoked. I can't wait to do. Matt Ghostbuster: Let's do it. Cort: Yeah, this is going to be. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, this would
Matt Ghostbuster: be awesome. Cort: 3, 2, 1. Going to
Cort: jump through for sure. Peter Venkman: And it's real.
Peter Venkman: The usual stuff isn't working. Okay, I have a plan. I know exactly what to do now. Stay close.
Matt Ghostbuster: I just want favorites that they make Peter even talk to her because he's the ladies man, so might as well have her have him talk to her.
Peter Venkman: You serious about this catching? When can we move in? Cort: I have this movie
Cort: so memorized. I know exactly where we are with our every jump. It's awesome.
Matt Ghostbuster: Same here. Same here. Cort: All of Rick Moranis needs to
Cort: be a clip in both 20 minute workout of my.
Peter Venkman: I got a great workout. Matt Ghostbuster: We got to put respect on that man's name.
Cort: I want to insert something here. Matt Ghostbuster: Okay, go ahead. Cort: Eight minutes Definitely jumping around. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah. Peter Venkman: Peter. Vin. Cort: Like I said, I had one that was like 16, I think. Peter Venkman: What do you think
Peter Venkman: it was? But there are some departments. Cort: Yeah. All of
Cort: this needs to be clipped. Absolutely. It can be short. Matt Ghostbuster: Oh, yeah. Cort: I mean, the music can be shortened up and stuff. Take some. All of this has to be in here. Matt Ghostbuster: Absolutely.
Dana Barrett: That's the. You know, you don't act like a sign. Cort: I don't think either of
Cort: us would argue with either of these person's clips. If anything, one of us would be like, I think you should have clipped this stuff that you missed. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah.
Matt Ghostbuster: Right here. This up like it did. Peter Venkman: Right. Matt Ghostbuster: No. Did I? Okay.
Cort: Keep your inner monologue going out. That becomes a great outtake.
Matt Ghostbuster: And I think I might have merged two fucking separate clips because the Twinkie and then him. Did I fucking miss one? Yeah, we went through him asking Barrett out for a date, right? Cort: Yes. That was. Matt Ghostbuster: Yeah, we skip. Cort: Yeah, we were skipping
Cort: through that. That was in that clip. Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: Okay. Peter Venkman: Yeah. Matt Ghostbuster: I must have made a
Matt Ghostbuster: mega clip then. Like, I don't know what's going to happen after this. This is gonna be fun.
Cort: I don't know it. And I'm not even gonna play that now. Matt Ghostbuster: You all right
Matt Ghostbuster: over there? Cort: Yeah, I think so. Maybe I was having a mini stroke. God,
Cort: I hope not. Matt Ghostbuster: It's all right. Cort: Look, do I. Should I smell bacon?
Matt Ghostbuster: Yes, you should. That's fine. Cort: Only if my wife
Cort: is cooking it. And we need to stop recording.