On this episode of the Marketing Swipe File, DG talks about how he went from being someone who avoided books like the plague – to someone who loves reading and learning. So what was the catalyst for this change? DG started picking up books about copywriting, direct response marketing, social psychology. Over the last few years, he’s amassed a huge library of marketing books. Want to find out the books that have influenced him the most? Listen to the full episode.
Books Mentioned In This Episode:
1. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
2. Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
3. Behind the Cloud: The Untold Story of How Salesforce.com Went from Idea to Billion-Dollar Company-and Revolutionized an Industry by Marc Benioff and Carlye Adler
4. Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins
5. The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies by Chet Holmes
6. The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales. by Dan Kennedy
7. The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs: How to Be Insanely Great in Front of Any Audience by Carmine Gallo
Want the other seven books on DG’s must-read list? Find out on Drift Insider: https://insider.drift.com/clips/dgs-book-list/
Like this episode? Be sure to leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review and share the pod with your friends! You can connect with Dave on Twitter @davegerhardt @HYPERGROWTH_Pod
What is Marketing Swipe File?
Welcome to the Marketing Swipe File with Dave Gerhardt!
This show is for marketers who want to learn the real tactics and strategies that the world's best marketers are using to grow their businesses today. We take you behind the scenes of marketing at Drift, offer up exclusive conversations with world-class CMOs, marketing leaders, and brand builders -- and bring you real lessons from the people changing the game in modern marketing today.
Every great marketer has a swipe file. This podcast can be yours.