Are you becoming a bad boss? What are the signs that you’re turning into one?
Bad boss behaviors can range from micromanagement and poor communication to lack of appreciation and unreasonably high expectations for their employees.
The good thing is that bad boss behaviors can be changed. And we’ve invited someone to help us explore today’s topic.
Today’s guest is Rob Kalwarowsky. Rob is a High-Performance Leadership Coach and TEDx Speaker whose quiet realizations give his audience loud transformations. Rob shares wise insights about toxic leadership, mental health, and finding purpose in life.
In this week’s episode, Rob and I talk about the six different types of bad bosses, how to avoid accidentally becoming a bad boss, and how to deal with someone with bad boss behaviors.
Whether you might be unintentionally using bad boss behaviors or are currently dealing with a toxic boss, tune in now for an insightful conversation.
Let’s get started!
Get FREE mini-sketchnotes
with the big idea from the week’s episode delivered to your inbox when you subscribe to my weekly email.
- (00:00) Intro
- (02:05) What is a bad boss?
- (03:27) 6 archetypes of bad bosses
- (10:06) The first step on how not to be a bad boss
- (15:52) How to determine that you’re being a bad boss
- (19:24) Rob’s own experience of dealing with a toxic boss
- (23:17) Tips on how to start changing your bad boss behaviors
- (27:36) A great manager Rob has worked for
- (28:41) Keep up with Rob
- (30:30) [Extended Episode Only] How to deal with a bad boss
- (38:01) [Extended Episode Only] What to do when your bad boss’s behaviors fit your style?
- Read the full transcript here
- Read the related blog article here
- Follow me on Instagram here
- Visit my website for more here
Connect with Rob Kalwarowsky
- Follow Rob on LinkedIn here
- Check Rob out on Instagram here
- Visit Elite High Performance for more here
- FREE How to Deal with A**hole Boss eBook here
- Get $50 Off promo code for the How to Deal with A**hole Boss program here
(Use the code MODERNMANAGER)
*Members of The Modern Manager community get a FREE Elite High Performance’s Purpose Playbook (Usually at $99).
Elite High Performance’s Purpose Playbook program supports people in becoming clear on their core values and uncovering their innate gifts so they can tap into their sweet spot and create more purpose, meaning, and fulfillment in their lives.
The Modern Manager is a leadership podcast for rockstar managers who want to create a working environment where people thrive, and great work gets done.
Follow The Modern Manager on your favorite podcast platform so you won’t miss an episode!
What is The Modern Manager?
Host Mamie Kanfer Stewart shares practical approaches to help you be a great manager. Learn more at: https://themodernmanager.com/
Solo episodes are like mini-courses, providing actionable tips based on experience and research. Guest episodes are engaging conversations that elicit insights and suggestions for how to apply the ideas.
Learn more about effective meeting practices, communication skills, managing conflict, team building, time management, group dynamics, goal setting and accountability, team competencies, productivity and collaboration technologies, organizational culture, and more.
Be sure to follow the podcast on your favorite platform so you never miss a new episode!