In this episode we talk with Abbey Jackson about how to improve testing and reliability with modularizing your iOS applications in Xcode.
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
Themes from Conferences
- The Importance with Meeting New People
- Learning Old Features
- Trying to Deep Dive into SwiftUI and its Future
- The Benefits of SwiftUI for Designers
- Comparing HTML and SwiftUI
Breaking Down How Xcode Works
- How Different Components in Xcode Can Help Organize Your Code
- How an Xcode Project Works
- How Files result in Targets
- Differences between Targets and Build Configuration
- Dealing with Target Dependencies
- Testing with Targets and Xcode
- How Workspaces Differ from Projects
- What are the best ways to organize your product?
- Modularizing Your Persistence Layer
- Importance of TDD and Protocol Oriented Programming
- Other examples of modularizing: Network, Feature-cased, Authentication, User Profile, Location
- Following Apple's SDK Framework Example
Dealing with Source Control
- Using Git Submodules
- Dependency Management Tools (i.e. SPM, Cocoapods, Carthage)
- Using SDK Targets
- Swift Package Manager
The Benefits of Modularizing
- Decrease Build Times
- Share Code and Functionality
- Optimize Your Build Pipelines
Post-September Purchasing Choices
- Apple Watch Series 5
- iTunes vs App Store Gift Cards
- iMac Backpack
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.