Today’s guest is Elliot Murphy. Elliot is the founder and CEO of KindlyOps, a DevOps and compliance consultancy for regulated industries. Elliot and his team specialize in GDPR, HIPPA, and FDA requirements and creating compliant infrastructure for clients on Amazon Web Services.
- How he was able to niche down both his services and his client-base by focusing on an unpleasant part of business.
- Having an abundance mindset and how that can help grow your business and improve community engagement.
- Firing the biggest client he ever had and the positive affect that had on his employees and his business.
- Finding a specific problem to solve and being able to articulate that is more valuable than just being able to list off a bunch of skills.
- The value proposition is a huge aspect of building a company. If the input and output is the same regardless of the client then you have to focus on which clients find more value in the work being done and target them specifically.
- You have to take an active role in filtering out clients that aren’t the right fit for your services, so it’s important to have clear and unambiguous messaging.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.