The director and director of operations for the VA's Debt Management Center break down how they are executing the president's directive to suspend or extend all VA Debt Collection due to COVID-19.
Joseph Schmitt is director of VA's Debt Management Center and Jason Hoge is director of operations. The recently answered questions virtually from the House Veterans Affairs Committee Disability and Mortuary Affairs Subcommittee. The focus was how Veterans are getting debt management relief from VA due to COVID-19. Much of the questions focused on how Veterans receive communication from VA.
- Suspending all actions on Veteran debts under the jurisdiction of the Treasury Department.
- Suspending collection action or extending repayment terms on preexisting VA debts, as the Veteran prefers.
- perfecting claims
- challenging adverse decisions
- submitting Notices of Disagreement
- submitting Substantive Appeals
- responding to Supplemental Statements of the Case
Borne the Battle Veteran of the Week:
What is Borne the Battle?
Hosted by Marine Corps Veteran Tanner Iskra, Borne the Battle recognizes each battle, challenge, and sacrifice our Veterans endure during and after their service, as well as spotlighting important resources, offices, and benefits VA offers our Veterans.
The Department of Veterans Affairs does not endorse or officially sanction any entities that may be discussed in this podcast, nor any media, products or services they may provide.