Jared: Rob?
Rob: Jared?
Jared: It's time for a coffee drop. First time in a real long time.
Rob: There's coffees are dropping.
Jared: Somewhere somewhere in the world, coffee is dropping, so we're doing a coffee drop. The reason for this one is because we are introducing a new segment or feature of the, transform your teaching podcast called Needle Movers.
Rob: Needle Movers.
Jared: And it's a time for us to honor those who are doing innovative work in education because we are an innovative teaching podcast. Right. It says so on our shirts. So we need to make sure we're doing that. Not the current shirts we're wearing, but ones we have in the office somewhere. But I have I I just wanna share the definition Okay. And such for it.
Rob: Go for it.
Jared: I even have an acronym brought to you by Chad GPT that explains it. So here's the definition of a needle mover. A needle mover advances educational practice through metacognitive innovation and servant oriented design. Attends to the holistic development of learners, elevates the profession through reflective praxis, and produces demonstrable transformation in learning outcomes.
Rob: That is a mouthful.
Jared: It sure is. I felt like I was back in my dissertation days as we were doing that. So do I need to break that down for
Rob: you? Break it down.
Jared: Okay. So, I mean, it's got and I think I can do it with the acronym mover, m v e r. The m stands for metacognitive innovation and pedagogical design.
Rob: Alright.
Jared: The o is other centered or servant oriented instructional practice.
Rob: I like.
Jared: V is the valuation, not evaluation.
Rob: But valuation.
Jared: Valuation of the whole learner. In other words, cognitive, ethical, and developmental.
Rob: Okay.
Jared: E is elevation of professional craft through reflective practice. In other words, refining your craft, doing so in a way that, you are always improving or seeking ways to improve.
Rob: Thus moving the needle.
Jared: Correct. And R, results driven transformation and student learning. So not only just based on whatever, but having learning outcomes that are demonstrable, measurable, and you reflect on that and go, you know what? That ain't right or was right.
Rob: Yeah.
Jared: Yeah. So our first mover is coming up this Friday, our next episode.
Rob: Looking forward to it.
Jared: Really excited. So we're going to be Do we need to
Rob: tell everybody who it's gonna be?
Jared: We'll wait until Friday. Okay. We'll wait until Friday. Alright. And, we're just gonna, you know
Rob: Killjoy.
Jared: As yeah. I know. That's my middle name. But we're going to be dropping these needle movers every now and then. Just someone that's like, like I said, moving the needle. Someone that's just advancing education through technology. It doesn't always have to be through ChatGPT. It happens to be that the person this this week is using ChatGPT, but she's also been using it in various other ways. Yeah. And she's also been moving the needle in various other ways as well. So, you know, just something to consider as we go through this and just wanna pay homage and honor those that are doing things well.