When you are thinking about your go-to-market strategy, when should you go direct and when should you build a partner strategy? My guest today is Malhar Kamdar, the Chief Ecosystem Officer at Celonis who sat down with me to talk about how Celonis thought about their ecosystem strategy - when they decided to double down on it; what makes for a successful ecosystem strategy; how to structure it and how to measure it.
- [1:34] - Why did you leave Oracle to join Celonis?
- [3:20]] What does Celonis do? And what is Execution Management System (EMS)?
- [8:00] How would you describe what it takes to be an ecosystem strategy officer?
- [9:35] When time is best to build a partner or ecosystem strategy? Is this something that you would recommend all companies to do?
- [14:13] What is the blueprint to building a successful ecosystem strategy that would scale?
- [19:26] When is the right time to think about embarking on a partnership and ecosystem strategy in the life of a startup?
- [23:21] What advice would you give founders and CEOs on how to measure, track and incentivize the ecosystem strategy role for it to be successful?
- [27:53] What are some of the innovative things that you and Celonis have done to create successful ecosystem strategies?
- [28:48] Do you worry that to get value out of Celonis, companies might have to spend more?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.