Erick and David talk about surrounding yourself with good people, culture fit, and the hiring process.
- The complexity of mentorship
- Surround yourself with good people
- The hiring process
- Kind honesty
- Culture fit
- “I think it's much more important that you have a values fit.” - EH
- “From a kind place, tell the truth to people.” - EH
- “Always think about the client, put yourself in the client's shoes.” - EH
- “We're taught that when you're a candidate you can't address certain issues.” - EH
- “Judging...the ability to do a job from the interview process is such a tricky proposition.” - EH
- “When people are happy, everything is happier.” - EH
- “Make sure that you're not feeling things too deeply[in the interview].” - EH
What is Junior to Senior with David Guttman?
A weekly show for ambitious devs who want to take their career to the next level.