My guest today is Dan Garrett, the CEO, and co-founder of Farewill. Farewill is UK’s largest Will writer, accounting for 1 in every 10 Wills written. How did Dan, someone with a design background end up re-inventing the death industry? And more importantly why? In our conversation I found out more about the death industry and how Dan uses technology to make death-related services more approachable and human and in the process has created one of the fastest-growing startups in the UK.
- [1:40] What about your experience working in the Japanese geriatric residential made you start Farewill?
- [06:15] What is the current experience for consumers who want a Will, probate, or funeral service?
- [14:12] How did you build trust in this industry and get your first few customers?
- [17:46] What impact has Farewill made on customers?
- [22:20] How did Farewill manage to become the number 1 Will provider in UK?
- [26:43] How do you market a product for the death industry?
- [28:45] How has the pandemic changed the perception of death related services?
- [31:15] What do you look for in hiring and building culture at Farewill?
- [36:22] What are you most worried about in terms of risk to your growth?
What is The European Startup Show?
To inspire technology entrepreneurs in Europe with stories and practical strategies from other successful entrepreneurs.
If you are a CEO, founder, or work in sales or marketing, and your company is based in Europe or is looking to expand into Europe, then this podcast is for you.