This episode is all about motivation. We start by introducing our ideal state of 'motivation is a myth' and the idea that discipline is all we *should* need to get stuff done. But then having recognised this, we spend the rest of the episode discussing both high-level strategy and low-level hacks for motivating ourselves to get stuff done.
- Screw motivation, what you need is discipline (Wisdomination)
- The Pilot and the Plane (Taimur's blog)
- Ali's YouTube video about the Retrospective Revision Timetable
- #fitspiration on Instagram
- The funny tweet mentioned at the end
What is this?
Who are we?
Get in Touch
What is Not Overthinking ?
The weekly podcast about happiness, creativity, and the human condition. It's us, Ali and Taimur Abdaal, occasionally joined by guests, talking about things to help us think, do, and be better.
Things like social interaction, lifestyle design, mental models... Things that are hard to examine, but important to explore. And hopefully, things that make for a fun and interesting chat every week.
We'd love for you to join us.