Speaker 1: Maybe you have wings. Well,
Speaker 2: hello there, everybody. Welcome to this, an episode of DodoBorne with me, your GM, your best friend, and your duck dew, Isaac Allen Burns. And sitting next to me is one Holly Baker.
Speaker 1: That's me. Hi. Hi. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet Next you
Speaker 2: to Holly, have one Joe Diomede.
Speaker 3: Did you say duck dew? Yeah. What's the duck dew? Chew the music.
Speaker 2: Last time on DodoBorne, our four heroes received a bit of news. An obstruction of justice or a little bit of Kafkaesque manipulation, it seems as though the peacekeepers are putting their hands inside the adventuring guild business. Apparently, from an initiative that comes up on high from the Regulus guild branch leader herself, we have now a bit of additional communication between the peacekeepers and our adventurers. The peacekeepers get to sign off on what missions they do and reject ones that they don't want them to do. Clearly upset, the four had only a slight bit of a fit and Michelle took them to their office to let them know to maybe keep their heads down. Also, here's three missions that they can take on. Choosing one of them, some monsters at the river caves, our heroes went and investigated and found a pool full of eels. After a bit of nice climbing from Argus and a little bit of a a situation where if we had scorpion, it would have been a full fable. We were able to get our way into the cave. But then they heard some music. Entranced by the music, one cappy went into the cavern. And boy, oh boy, gay. I'm so excited to find out what we see. The three of you watch as Cappy has moved into the hallway and disappears out of sight.
Speaker 4: Cappy, come on. Does anybody know anything about, like, singing things? Should we, like, close our ears or something? Stuff them with cotton?
Speaker 1: There are a lot of stories about this.
Speaker 4: So should we stuff our ears with cotton?
Speaker 1: What do you know about it? Usually, it means death, so we should go.
Speaker 4: Okay. Well Okay. Should we stuff
Speaker 1: our Put fingers in your ears. Okay. Alright. Are you gonna do it too? Nope. They're running with their ears.
Speaker 2: You run with your ears inside. Because you did not go immediately, the countdown already is down by one.
Speaker 3: Oh, no.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: We were running and talking.
Speaker 1: The fingers in my ears is optimistic considering I need to roll my wheels, so that's not happening.
Speaker 2: A countdown of five is on the table. Okay. Enter into the cavern. You see Cappy standing in front of you. And gang, let's talk about what we see inside this cavern. I will set a bit of the stage. Inside you see a large cavern. At the far end of this cavern is a deep pool, but all around you is creatures. You, the audience, know what these are. These at the table know what these are, but I'm curious Rowan. What's something odd or unexpected about these sirens here?
Speaker 4: Oh, I've got the perfect thing. Okay. They're anglerfish sirens. But their little light that Lynn would have for an anglerfish, in fact, just turns into whoever the person it perceives you are most attracted to.
Speaker 1: Oh, no. Oh. Wow.
Speaker 3: Just right out
Speaker 1: the gate. The visual representation. Yeah. You are a genius. A cruel, evil
Speaker 3: genius. Well,
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to change some things on the fly. This is exciting. Very good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You walk in. Those of you who have covered your ears, which I think in this case is just
Speaker 4: Just pistachio.
Speaker 2: Totally pistachio. Sasha, you're running in. And this makes sense. I asked first. You're the first one to see everything. You see just a horror show of sirens. Angler fish, big, long teeth coming in and out. And just that big old tendril coming from their forehead showing something. Argus, how many of them are there?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna roll. Help me. Okay. 85.
Speaker 3: What? 85.
Speaker 2: 85 siren. I
Speaker 3: was like, that's a g
Speaker 1: eight. What are you doing? I added an eight.
Speaker 3: Why? Rachel was clearing her throat at
Speaker 2: eight of five.
Speaker 1: It was five. Five.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you right now. Do you want there to be 85 sirens in here? No. I don't. Okay. I wanna survive. Five sirens in the room. You could've chose a d four.
Speaker 2: Nope. There are five sirens in the room. Actually, Rowan, can you roll me a d four for me?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do it. Do it right now. Do it. Good idea, Roland.
Speaker 1: One
Speaker 2: one of them is a special siren, though. One of them is very special. Three of those sirens have their backs turned to you, and they're facing the pool. Clearly, this pool is very deep. You can even kind of see it undulating up and down, the oscillation suggesting that perhaps it has a connection to the river outside. But there's something in this pool. And, Holly, what is inside this pool?
Speaker 1: It's a magnificently large pink crystal. Pink? It's pink. Pink. Like rose quartz. So it's, like, cloudy, and it's kind of swirling in color.
Speaker 4: Milky.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A big old rose pink crystal that's there. The song that echoes, you can hear bouncing off of the walls here. The acoustics in this place are magnificent. Oh my goodness. It's like enhancing the song to be more powerful than if it was just a single siren. Now you see that their backs are turned. They seem to be singing to this crystal. There is some resonance as this crystal. You can hear it kind of a low resonant in the back of your mind. And capping. Hello. What are you saying right now? Well
Speaker 3: Yeah. What? Happy walks into a cavern to see a room of singing Scarlet
Speaker 1: Oh, no. Oh, no.
Speaker 3: Cali Oh, no. Oh, no. Nefany Oh, no. Each one is
Speaker 1: a different face.
Speaker 3: And Willow. This is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cappy. You see all
Speaker 1: of these individuals. And I think it's
Speaker 2: Scarlet that's looking at you right now. And Scarlet is she looks gorgeous. She looks stunning. Oh my goodness. She looks amazing. Best you've ever seen her.
Speaker 1: Her hair is down.
Speaker 2: Her hair is down. Wavy. Her hair is down. Those lips are pouty, and she is giving you eyes to come here. You see that her arms kinda come out. You hear her voice say, Cappy. And it echoes in your mind. Hey. It's so good to see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's I didn't expect to see you here. I you look amazing. I Thank you. Listen. I I Come closer. Yeah. I mean, I I I can. I listen. I I just wanted you to know that I would I have stopped what happened with your dad if if if I if I could've. I just it it it all happened so fast. Like, Cappy's, like, slowly walking towards Scarlet all while he's saying these things.
Speaker 4: Sweet lips.
Speaker 2: I forgive you, she says. You need not fear at all. Come to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, story. What?
Speaker 2: I'll say, Joe, for that incredible roleplay moment Yeah. Go ahead and gain a hope.
Speaker 3: Yay. I'm giving you
Speaker 2: a hope.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You are currently entranced, which means that you are vulnerable and you cannot take actions.
Speaker 3: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: For my other two individuals Someone help me. Are Yeah. In this room who did not cover your ears. Yep. Can I get instinct reaction rolls from you? And pistachio, what you see as this strange anglerfish is reaching out. You see that they have these it's, you know, kind of hulking little things with, hands. You see that they're have an enormous mouth. Anglerfish mouth. Right?
Speaker 3: We all
Speaker 2: know what anglerfish look like. Big old teeth. We've all played Outer Wilds. We know the game. Now as it's reaching out, though, you see that their hands aren't just with little claws and web, but you see that there are openings in the palms of their hands of Oh, no. Sucking moths No. That are just coming out and are about to seem to be also where the song is coming from is out of their hands. Oh. And those hands are reaching right for Cappy's neck. What did my other two here get?
Speaker 1: You first. I promise. 12 with fear.
Speaker 2: 12. It's irrational, so hope of fear no matter, 12?
Speaker 1: I crit on fives.
Speaker 2: Crit on fives. Incredible. Damn. Willow, you are not entranced, unfortunately, Argus.
Speaker 1: This has never worked on me before.
Speaker 3: Who do
Speaker 2: you see? I'm curious. Okay. Who do you see?
Speaker 1: Only one person. Okay. One person. His name is Oscar. Okay. And he's a very long way away.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's so far away? Yeah. What does Oscar look like?
Speaker 1: Oscar is a Qatari and mostly white furred, I think.
Speaker 2: Argus, it's so good to see you.
Speaker 1: No. No, it
Speaker 2: is It's
Speaker 1: so oh, okay. That wasn't a note on the voice. Uh-oh.
Speaker 3: Argus. I
Speaker 2: came all this way to see you.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't.
Speaker 2: Yes. I did. Don't you want to
Speaker 1: He's gonna blindly reach out Yeah. For anyone around him.
Speaker 2: Very good. You're sort of reaching out, but your hands seem to still gravitate towards him.
Speaker 1: No. Trying to reach back, but you find your arms drifting through. He's trying not to.
Speaker 2: Yes. Willow and Pistachio, one thing that you notice is that this song is just echoing throughout with this natural resonance. Seems a little stronger than what the books would tell you. And in fact, in this moment, as both of you are entranced, you immediately move one range closer. So in this case, Gappy, you are very close to this creature. And I'm gonna say the Argus, you were far, and now you are within close range of I the nearest
Speaker 4: got Cappy, Pistachio will say. And Pistachio will caprene leap over to get to Cappy with their hands on their ears. It says that you can leap anywhere within close range as though you were using normal movements, allowing you obstacles, jump across gaps, or scale barriers.
Speaker 2: I'll say that you are within close range of Capi. Yeah. So you can get to Capi. What do you do?
Speaker 4: Is the thing right in front of him with the little hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's very close. So it's like right about to get him.
Speaker 4: Pistachio's gonna roundhouse kick the
Speaker 1: hands. Yes. The hands. Yes.
Speaker 2: Very good. Go ahead and give me an attack roll.
Speaker 4: Okay. To use kick, which
Speaker 1: is a fun ancestry trait,
Speaker 4: I'm going to mark a stress to kick myself and do damage if I can do this.
Speaker 1: Yep. Get it stashed. Please.
Speaker 4: That is crit on twos.
Speaker 3: Woo. Nice.
Speaker 1: Amazing. This happened. We love a good crit here. This We love
Speaker 4: a good crit.
Speaker 2: Twice already. Throw one little guy at y'all, and now it's crit city.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna mark a stress to knock myself off of them, dealing an extra two d six damage and knocking them back.
Speaker 1: Okay. Do it up. Very nice.
Speaker 4: Three fours and a three.
Speaker 1: Three fours and a three?
Speaker 2: 13.
Speaker 1: Sorry. It's 12 plus three is 15. 15. Thanks, Ollie.
Speaker 2: 15 damage.
Speaker 4: 15 damage as Pistachio knocks them back.
Speaker 1: As Pistachio, like, kicks that, I feel like it, like,
Speaker 3: it, like, you know, it shakes Cappy, like, sort of out of it for a second and, like, starts, like, flashing in and out. Pistachio, don't hurt Scarlet.
Speaker 4: Cappy, that is a monster with two little moths on its hand, and don't want that. You do
Speaker 3: not get to call her that.
Speaker 4: You don't want that, son, man. I promise.
Speaker 1: The sake of the lore, is it is it that is it a magical illusion that projects only into an individual's mind, Or is it that they're projecting an illusion that anyone can see until they shift their focus?
Speaker 2: It is projected into an individual's mind. Okay. Mhmm. Cappy, you take one stress.
Speaker 1: Oh. Oh, no.
Speaker 3: Okay. Wait a minute. Wait minute. Wait a minute. Wait. A One second. Unshakable. Nice. Furrbhog ancestry. When I would mark a stress, roll a d six on a result of six. I don't mark it.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Come on, baby. Never mind. That was a three. We're a six.
Speaker 2: Very close. Very good. That was a crit that was with hope. So I'm curious, Willow, in this case, you see two of your friends are a little entranced. You've watched Pistachio leap up handslessly attacking one of them. Yep. What would you like to do?
Speaker 1: And you did say that it would be pretty recognizable that the sound is causing the entrancement. So I think Willow will not only to prepare herself for a fight, will slide her arms real quick into the two round shields she has. So she's got a round shield on each arm. But she is going to bang them together to cause hopefully a really shrill metal sound to at least like, as she's kind of also rolling up to Argus to get closer to him, she's gonna try to do this to see if it helps interrupt just the resonance of that sound.
Speaker 3: It's like in How to Train Your Dragon when they distract
Speaker 1: the Right.
Speaker 3: Right. Right. With hitting the stuff. Right.
Speaker 2: Case, there's no action. There's no role necessary for this. You are creating sound to combat the sound. Mhmm. As long as that is happening, people have advantage to not be insourceful by this.
Speaker 1: Nice. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now for those who are already insourceful, you're still sort of insourceful. I hold? Some banging. No.
Speaker 3: Aw. I can't.
Speaker 2: Really unfortunate.
Speaker 1: In that case, I think Argus would say, you weren't supposed to follow me.
Speaker 2: But I missed you so much, and there's so much I need to tell you. No. I've discovered something very important that I need to tell you and only you. And you see that this individual was closer to the crystal. It's kinda making its way closer to you. Oh, no. And this individual is getting within very close range. You Yeah. Willow, are rolling up to Argus. You see that you are not the only one approaching. And as you are banging on these, what are gonna try and do?
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna come to the one that's closest to Argus then and within very close distance to me, and I'm gonna make an attack. I'm gonna
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 1: Swing with my round shield.
Speaker 3: Do it up.
Speaker 1: Okay. You know what? I'm gonna spend three hope as well for my warrior hope feature. It's the unique hope feature for a warrior. It's no mercy. You spend three hope to gain a plus one bonus to attack rolls until your next rest. So Oh, nice. That brings me to a 15 with fear. A 15 For an attack. 15 to hit.
Speaker 2: That will succeed. K.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah. Get it?
Speaker 1: 18 plus nine. So a 27
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: For damage.
Speaker 2: Who's got hit?
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Who severely
Speaker 2: severely hit this individual. You see Oscar gets just blasted back. Oh my god. Just fully blasted back by a rounded shield attack. You take one stress.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Was horrifying.
Speaker 3: Yep. Oscar.
Speaker 2: Guess whose turn it is.
Speaker 1: That's not Oscar.
Speaker 2: You hear in the side where the one that's larger than the rest of a larger anglerfish, more teeth in their mouth, wider frame, much more of a getup on this one, almost like robes, deep blue robes. They hold their hands up. And I'm gonna spend Ophir. And you see that some of the water that is in that deep dark pool that is surrounding that crystal spirals up and lashes out, and it's going to go towards Cappy and Pistachio. Okay. Can I get, in this moment right now, a agility reaction roll?
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 3: Hell, yeah.
Speaker 2: And you will have disadvantage on this one, Cappy.
Speaker 1: Did you crit?
Speaker 3: I did crit. Hell, yeah.
Speaker 1: Is happening? I'm jealous. I wanna be a part of this. You will be, probably. I need to crit. Crit at this point.
Speaker 2: At this point, yeah, honestly.
Speaker 1: You crit at this 14
Speaker 4: for pistachio. And also, didn't say it with hope or fear because a reaction real bad. Finally learned it.
Speaker 2: Way to go, Rowan.
Speaker 4: I'm teachable.
Speaker 1: Let's see if it sticks, though, because I keep doing it too. It's teachable.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. That will actually fail Oh.
Speaker 1: By one. You tease. Because the because the the crystal
Speaker 2: is resonating. So difficulties are up by one. In this case, you are restrained as water splashes on the ground near you and shoots out in all directions, wrapping you up. Oh, no. It almost seems like it just avoids Cappy as though it knows that Cappy's in source holds, and it wraps you up. You're currently restraint. You can make a strength roll to get out of Okay. But as it currently stands you are restrained, you simply cannot move.
Speaker 4: Did it get it in time where Pistachio's ears are covered, or do you think it, like, reached out?
Speaker 2: We'll say your ears are still covered. Okay. You're just kinda bound up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I'm bound up like this.
Speaker 2: Probably a familiar feeling to Pistachio at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh, no. Capi.
Speaker 2: Oh, no. Oh, no. Reaches out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Capi says almost exactly what Oscar was saying to Argus. I I I have so much to tell you. I I I found out this information. I mean, you know better than most people that, you know, after my family and then
Speaker 1: Shut up and kiss me. Don't And he goes That's monster.
Speaker 3: What'd you do?
Speaker 1: You rolled back.
Speaker 3: You rolled back. Nice.
Speaker 2: You rolled a two and a five.
Speaker 3: Does a seven beat your evasion? It doesn't.
Speaker 1: Cappy, that's a monster.
Speaker 3: You Cappy shakes
Speaker 2: a little. You shakes it you shakes it a little.
Speaker 3: Cappy shakes his head a little.
Speaker 1: And Willow still as the gongs cool down, Willow's gonging too whenever it
Speaker 2: You shakes her head a bit, and the image of this anglerfish monstrosity snaps into frame from him before disappearing, and it's Scarlet again. Oh. And now her mouth is just, a little too wide. Oh. Oh. She was going in for a big one. That's creepy. And now I'm gonna spend another fear for the one next to Arcus. No. No. Oscar.
Speaker 1: He's running towards Oscar. Shut up and kiss me, he says. You you were trying to run towards it? Yeah. No. Willow would try to stop you. He's moving now.
Speaker 2: And Oscar gets up and runs to you before you can do anything, Willow.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: There. Oh, two nineteen is awesome. Does a 21 beat your evasion?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Oh, no.
Speaker 1: I made it three episodes. Oh
Speaker 3: my god.
Speaker 2: That's 20 physical damage.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Woah. Yeah. It is.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: However, mark two stress. Great. And because you have mark two stress, you see that the image of Oscar fades away almost immediately. You see a nasty looking anglerfish
Speaker 1: with Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Eel on its breath as it
Speaker 3: roars away.
Speaker 1: I told you. Get away from it.
Speaker 4: Oh, no. That's so gross. That's so gross. That's so gross.
Speaker 2: And finally, one fear for the song to continue.
Speaker 1: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: And can I get everybody to make another role for me? I'll say that because you, Cappy, are still in it, you do not need to roll. But Argus and
Speaker 1: And you said Will this is instinct real?
Speaker 2: This is an instinct reaction role.
Speaker 4: Does Pistachio be a real?
Speaker 3: Did you cry No.
Speaker 1: You didn't. Seven. Get them all out now. Get them all out now.
Speaker 2: Everyone's gotten one. Everyone's gotten one. For those of you keeping track at home, I got one last episode. These chuckle fucks got one this episode. One for everybody. Incredible. But, yes, Argus, you are able to resist. And what do you have, Willow?
Speaker 1: Eight. Oh, it's Willow's side. You look
Speaker 2: at you look at the one that's just next to your good friend, Argus. And who do we see as the countdown drops to three?
Speaker 1: I mean, the gang did go out dancing last night. Yes. And I imagine maybe Willow was upset that Miles wasn't at the cafe today because maybe Miles had the day off because he was out dancing yesterday. Miles. What a big choice. They had a good time yesterday.
Speaker 4: There we go. Miles. Good choice, Willow.
Speaker 1: Miles is there. He is see, he's looking at Argus, and then he
Speaker 2: turns to look at you, Willow, and he says, there's my dance partner.
Speaker 1: Oh, hi.
Speaker 2: Hey. You wanna go dancing
Speaker 1: again? I mean, it was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You want me to do that trick where I pick you up in that, like, that one movie?
Speaker 1: I've never had someone do that before. That's gonna be really fun.
Speaker 2: And because you're ensorcelled, you move into very close range with this thing. Yeah. But that and you are vulnerable and you cannot take actions, unfortunately. However, Argus and Pistachio, you're kinda bound up right now. You can definitely get out with a strength check if you would like to try to do that.
Speaker 4: I think
Speaker 2: Otherwise, you're restrained.
Speaker 4: Yes. Pistachio's gonna try and get out. First, they're gonna try without doing any beast form, and then if it doesn't work, they're gonna try again by beast forming out of it.
Speaker 2: Do it out.
Speaker 1: Make a
Speaker 2: strength check.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna try?
Speaker 2: Strength check for pistachio to try and get out of these watery bounds.
Speaker 4: That's another crit. Oh my god. On sixes. Do you want me
Speaker 1: to show you?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I believe you. I mean, listen. Listen. Sixes. There is there is never doubt in my eyes when people tell me that, oh, I just did a crit. There is simply disappointment in the world and in the universe.
Speaker 3: Should we go gambling
Speaker 2: for a
Speaker 1: step of this session? We should
Speaker 3: go gambling.
Speaker 1: Gambling. My goodness. And we gotta play with dice, so we gotta go pick graps.
Speaker 2: Well, heal the stress, gain a hope, and I'll say pistachio in this moment, you just splash water, and water splashes all over Scarlet.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Kappa, you see Scarlet is not just drenched in water.
Speaker 1: Goddamn I'm starting to
Speaker 3: feel like maybe you're a monster, but I it's kinda working. Oh my god. Oh gosh. Oh,
Speaker 4: I like this. Would you say that this is a magical effect going on right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The singing part or the whole thing?
Speaker 2: There's certainly magic within the song.
Speaker 3: Isn't there always? You know what I mean? There always is. Okay.
Speaker 4: So I think Pistachio is just getting so frustrated and just yells out, stop. And then using counterspell, I can interrupt a magical effect taking place by making a reaction roll using my spell cast trait. On a success, the effect stops and any consequences are a role worded. Oh. It does go in my vault afterwards, so I have to rest to use the game.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's
Speaker 1: Crit. Oh, do it. Crit. Crit. Crit. Crit.
Speaker 4: I didn't crip, but that's still good. That is a 21.
Speaker 2: 21. And it's reaction rolls over for no matter what
Speaker 3: a way
Speaker 1: to go, Roan. Once again, Roan.
Speaker 3: Well, way to go Roan. Let's
Speaker 1: see. I'm teachable. Oh my gosh. You do it one more time
Speaker 2: and you're gaining a hope. Counterspell. What a powerful effect. This is not just a simple cutting off of one person. And so as you yell stop, this magic almost shuts everything down in
Speaker 1: here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Blast of magic out of you. The song stops. Even the humming in the back of your ears that has been going on the whole time from that crystal stops. Willow and Cappy, you are immediately shot out of
Speaker 3: the No
Speaker 2: stress because this is an effect. The magic ends, and all of the sirens turn to look at you.
Speaker 4: I feel like Pistachio, like, it's so powerful that they just, like, fall to their knees and, like, hold themselves up. And they're panting just
Speaker 1: Hey, David.
Speaker 4: Pistachio, are you okay? I think so. But I need a minute.
Speaker 1: We don't have a minute.
Speaker 2: We certainly don't because the sirens are starting to move towards Pistachio.
Speaker 1: Yes. They are. Oh, heck no.
Speaker 2: What are y'all gonna do?
Speaker 3: I want to do rain of blades. Hurry up. Cappy lifts his arm out with the ring on his finger. It glows red, and we are going to spend a hope. Perfect. So let's do a spellcast roll.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah. I see it. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Not not only is it another crit, but it's another crit on tens.
Speaker 1: Just think about all the crits we're not gonna get during big day. No.
Speaker 2: No. 8.3%.
Speaker 3: 8.3%
Speaker 2: chance.
Speaker 1: Very good. Incredible. Wow. Go ahead and roll damage. And hey, it's me, GM Isaac Almburns. Here to tell you that crits in Daggerheart are treated like brutal criticals. So instead of rolling twice the number of dice or doubling what you roll, you're
Speaker 2: just gonna take the maximum possible value of the dice and add that on to your normal roll. Oh god. So go ahead. Go ahead, Capy. Breathe. How many dice
Speaker 1: are you rolling?
Speaker 2: What are you rolling?
Speaker 3: Two d eight plus two.
Speaker 2: Two d eight? So that's gonna be 16 on top of whatever he rolled. So who and so remind three. So did you cast this? Remind me who you cast this on against Scarlet or the or the two that were?
Speaker 3: Well, so, yeah, Cappy reaches out, his ring glows, the blades appear, and he shoots them at whatever one seems to be going at Pistachio the most. Whatever's closest to Pistachio.
Speaker 1: It'd be Scarlet.
Speaker 2: Right? It'd definitely be Scarlet. So as the vision of Scarlet fades and you're left with this nasty anglerfish siren with nasty hand mouths, you severely damage poor Scarlet. And Scarlet, who's not actually Scarlet, does this Oh. Wow. Jumps to the ground. You hear a roar from the larger one in the corner, and that's what you hear. But that was a critical? That was pretty good. Argus, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I think that he would they're not facing him now.
Speaker 2: Would be the attacks.
Speaker 1: Yes. They're looking at you. Immediately Nice. With his long sword.
Speaker 2: Oh, do it
Speaker 1: up. Nice. Let's go. Oh, wow. Okay. Hell, yeah.
Speaker 2: If you say that you crit.
Speaker 1: I was not a crit. I didn't, but I I may as well have. It's 24 with hope.
Speaker 2: That will succeed. Go ahead and gain a hope.
Speaker 1: Yes. It will.
Speaker 2: Dang. Roll damage.
Speaker 1: Yes. I will.
Speaker 2: 17. 17.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: That is a I'm gonna say that you targeted the one that was Oscar and
Speaker 1: then Miles. I think so.
Speaker 2: And as you majorly into this individual, it goes limp and dies. Woah. Woah. There's Three more. Nice. You stab in, and that was with hope, so the momentum is still with y'all.
Speaker 1: Where are the smaller ones? The larger ones in the pool. Right?
Speaker 2: Larger ones kind of off to the side.
Speaker 1: Off to the side.
Speaker 2: But their two smaller ones now have their backs to the crystal and are looking at Pistachio. They have not taken a move towards Pistachio but are facing Pistachio.
Speaker 1: Are they close to each other?
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: We're just Willow's gonna wheel right up towards the two of them. Nice. And we're going to make an attack.
Speaker 2: Roll on up and roll them bones. 14 with hope. The song is off, so that is successful.
Speaker 1: Excellent. So I'm gonna use that sad.
Speaker 2: I was really enjoying I'm that song
Speaker 1: gonna use that hope and spend the hope to use the whirlwind ability, which is when you make a success successful attack against a target within very close range, you can spend a hope to use that attack against all other targets within very close range. All additional adversaries you succeed against with this ability take half damage.
Speaker 2: Say they are very close. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the first one will take full damage, the second one will take half.
Speaker 2: Alright. Just roll it out. Roll that damage.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be 11. 11.
Speaker 2: Nice. 11 damage.
Speaker 1: No. Sorry. 11 plus nine. 20.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 1: Oh. This is important. Oh, okay. The flood it's two d 12 plus nine. So 20.
Speaker 2: Well, you severely hit the first one just ranting through their full chest. Good. And then you, like, nicked the shoulder of the other one. Do you, like, more than a nick, a major nick on the shoulder.
Speaker 4: A major nick.
Speaker 2: Pistachio. That was with hope. And I'm gonna pull it to you. You are on your knees. Your friend's immediately jumping to action, taking these things down. But you can see that the one in the corner is still staring daggers at you.
Speaker 1: Alright. Cool. Beast form. Got it.
Speaker 4: And they'll think really hard and they'll start to transform into something they read in our new book, a grizzly moose.
Speaker 1: A grizzly moose?
Speaker 4: A grizzly moose dodo. Oh, good. Grizzly moose dodo.
Speaker 2: A grizzly moose dodo. See, we've elevated to three different
Speaker 1: Three different things. For it.
Speaker 3: So in
Speaker 1: the so okay. Grizzly moose dodo, give it to me.
Speaker 4: So for mechanics, right, it is a powerful beast stat block I'm going to be using, which you can use as either a bear or a moose or whatever you feel like because you're creative. In this case, they grow to the size of a moose with their long antlers coming out huge and in intense and terrifying. But then the maw itself and the claws are that of a bear.
Speaker 2: Oh. Well So size of a moose.
Speaker 4: With the antlers of a moose.
Speaker 1: Antlers of a moose.
Speaker 4: Little, like, teeth and claws of a bear.
Speaker 3: Okay. Little Dodo What?
Speaker 4: Little Dodo Across
Speaker 1: the beach. Just a little bit of the
Speaker 4: And it's feathered and it's feathered. So instead of fur, it's got feathers.
Speaker 2: That's right. We're making our own owlbear gang. That's right. You ain't got nothing.
Speaker 4: They're gonna charge at it. Charge it up.
Speaker 2: Do it up.
Speaker 4: Alright. So they're just gonna attack. So let's see. Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh-oh.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be with fear. 17 with fear.
Speaker 2: 17 with fear. Well, 17 does exceed. Nice.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for the fear.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. Okay. So I do so much damage, guys. I do nine damage as they ram into it with their antlers.
Speaker 2: Nice. So this creature's hands go up immediately and it's gonna do some magic. Okay. And you're charging at it, and it's about to say something. You crash into it, majorly striking it up against the wall.
Speaker 1: Nice. Pin it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's pinned against the wall. Uh-oh. You've pinned it against the wall. Mhmm. And as
Speaker 4: No hands and I cannot hold?
Speaker 3: No. You
Speaker 1: can't. Can I get
Speaker 2: everybody to make a roll for me?
Speaker 3: No. Hidden
Speaker 1: instinct rolls, reaction rolls,
Speaker 2: including our little good moose friend. Does anyone beat a 15?
Speaker 1: Yes. Because I crit. I got
Speaker 3: Kidding me. What is happening?
Speaker 1: I did. I got a 15.
Speaker 2: You got a 15 that does succeed, and you crit, so that says six.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Kathy? I got a four. Four?
Speaker 2: And what do you what do we have? Pistachio?
Speaker 4: I got a 14.
Speaker 1: Oh, 14. Oh.
Speaker 2: No. It's warbly a It's little warbly. And so, Pistachio, who's pinned up against this wall?
Speaker 1: Clover of power. Clover
Speaker 2: pinned against the wall. You see that this priestess shifts to Clover's form, and Clover, they're just like, oh, no. Put me down, Pistachio. Please. Or wait. Maybe squeeze me harder. And they reach out for you. Cappy, do you see that the one that's not singing starts moving towards you as Callie starts sauntering towards you? I just got done with my big mission. And so now I have a lot of free time. Do you need some help with this?
Speaker 1: Kill it.
Speaker 3: Callie, listen, as much as I want to, listen, I don't think I could do this to Scarlet. I know she's getting married. I mean, technically, I'm not really I haven't committed to anyone. I I guess I guess one time probably wouldn't hurt too much. But and I mean, you're getting over your thing and I'm I'm getting over my thing. This could be like a mutual getting over other things thing. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Could be messy. Yeah. It could be messy.
Speaker 2: Real messy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Messy could be good for a little bit.
Speaker 2: The countdown is at one. No. And so my people who are awake, Willow and Argus, what are y'all gonna do?
Speaker 1: Panic. Okay. So wait. We have we got a small one and a big one. Just a small one and a big one. Yeah. Okay. Because I could run at the big one. You take the big one, I'll help Cam get he's going to die. Very
Speaker 2: good. Willow rides up to help Cappy, and Argus runs up to help Pistachio.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We're gonna take off.
Speaker 2: Who wants to
Speaker 1: roll it first? I'll go first. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You're closest.
Speaker 1: I think I'm closest. So we're really just gonna roll up and, like, just really ram into her to try to, like, toss her away and and injure
Speaker 2: her. Do it.
Speaker 1: 21. Does a 21
Speaker 3: hit? Nice.
Speaker 1: Hope. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That succeeds. And with hope. Excellent.
Speaker 1: So then I will roll for damage. And I'm gonna use that sire dice. That's So a 12 plus three, so 15. No. Plus nine. 24. Dang it. You keep having hope, and then I add the plus nine.
Speaker 3: Because then see another day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Barely. Barely. Coming over to help you.
Speaker 2: Willow, what does this look like as you end Callie?
Speaker 1: I I picture Callie sauntering up towards Kathy, and Willow just fully rams into her, knocks her over, and just takes her place and is facing Kathy. Yeah. That's I was gonna say that I was gonna say
Speaker 3: that too is, when, like, after the illusion's, like, broken from that, Kathy kinda comes back into focus and it's just, you know, Willow with, like, light behind them. Yeah. And he's like, oh, they Are
Speaker 1: you okay? Does he know it's Willow? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or does he Yeah. You're you're you're real. Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let's go. Gotta hit the other one now. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Are you alright? I would like pat your arm a little Yeah. Yeah. Okay. It's you gotta wake up. Okay. You gotta wake up. Okay. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Time to go.
Speaker 1: Argus is gonna run at the moose Yeah. Moose bear Dodo and run along its back. Sick. Oh. Wait
Speaker 3: minute. Wait a minute. Wait a Wait a minute. Can we do this with style?
Speaker 4: Can we tag team it?
Speaker 3: Tag team roll?
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah. Tag team roll? Yeah. Fuck yeah.
Speaker 3: I want like, as you're you're, like, running up and Willow's rolling up and I'm going to use Willow's rolling momentum to push myself off the wheelchair so that I'm in the air so that the camera view is just, like, looking at us three just all doing really cool action poses
Speaker 1: Action to come pose.
Speaker 2: Yes. How about I'll say this? I'll say this. All three you know what? Put it on the board now. There is an item that would let three people do a tag team roll for, five instead of, like, three. That's a full item. It's very rare. So I'm gonna say that it multiplies. So if y'all can if y'all can give me seven hope altogether, all three of you can do a tag team. I have four.
Speaker 1: I have three. I have zero.
Speaker 3: Well, then we have it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: No. Okay.
Speaker 1: She's winning it.
Speaker 3: Good boy. Hi. It's me,
Speaker 2: Isaac Caliber, is here to explain how tag team roles work and also what the fuck is going on. So a tag team role is a special situation that can happen once per session for one person to call a tag team role. So each person can do it once per session. You choose one other person and you describe how you combine your efforts together to make a more impactful moment. You will both roll your checks whether that is an attack role or a various other kind of check and you will tell the results separately. You will then choose which of those results you'd like to go with. If the person that you choose rolled with hope, then everybody gains hope equal to the number of players that are involved in it, which is now important to say. If they roll fear and that's what they choose, then shaboy gets that many fears. Oh. So
Speaker 3: Excellent. Okay.
Speaker 2: Alright, you three.
Speaker 1: This is big. I have a quick note. Quick note. Willow has the tactician ability. Okay. Part of that is when making a tag team roll, you roll a d 20 as your hope die.
Speaker 3: Oh. Okay. Nice.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 2: We're really set up for success here.
Speaker 1: Oh, but I rolled a one on both.
Speaker 2: Is that
Speaker 1: still a crit, technically? Yes.
Speaker 3: That is a crit.
Speaker 1: It's like even though one was subject to
Speaker 3: me. I'm like, Rachel, Rachel. Rachel.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go roll
Speaker 3: just to see what. Just to roll. Get another crit.
Speaker 2: Because, hey, who knows? Maybe you'll wanna choose a different one.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: No. No. What'd both roll? What'd you
Speaker 3: I rolled a three.
Speaker 1: A three with what? A three with what?
Speaker 3: It would have been with fear.
Speaker 1: Oh. But I'm not going with fear. 13 with hope.
Speaker 2: Okay. So a 13 with hope, a three with fear, or a crit.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're we're going with the crit.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: To the surprise. Oh
Speaker 2: my god.
Speaker 3: Crit for 100, Bob.
Speaker 2: I see. The answer. Ouch. Go ahead and roll. You know what? If you wanna roll, you can. I see no version of this that doesn't end in them dying. Yeah. But if you wanna roll your big numbers
Speaker 1: Well, wanna roll big numbers, but also I need to know how this feels for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So actually, Pistachio, tell me what this looks like.
Speaker 1: We're all actually clover
Speaker 3: towers in the face. Amplify.
Speaker 2: Poor Clover.
Speaker 4: Let's see. First, they get hit in the head, and it kinda, like, deflates, and then they get, like, sliced a couple of different ways. They're kind of into ribbons by this point, and then they just, like, explode in in, like, blood or whatever viscera all over Pistachio's face.
Speaker 1: What were their last words? What were their last words? Oh, my kitten. Yeah. Those were their last words.
Speaker 2: Oh, man. Right before they say that right as they get sashimi'd, and it is now a rumbling inside the cavern as you see that crystal that's there on the edge. Oh. Seems to lose all of its power.
Speaker 4: I wanna mark a stress for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No. Sorry. Yes. You do mark a stress.
Speaker 1: Should I mark two stress for that? I feel like
Speaker 2: You what? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mark two
Speaker 2: stress for that.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of stress.
Speaker 3: Why not
Speaker 1: Why not three? You wanna mark three stress.
Speaker 3: Don't mark three stress.
Speaker 2: I'll let you decide if you wanna mark three.
Speaker 3: Alright. Ken, we could we could we could debrief on how awesome that was later, but we gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The crystal kabrooks into the water. Uh-oh. And then there's one siren who's just kinda like just kinda looking at you back and forth.
Speaker 1: I feel Oh. Oh. And it leaps into the pool. Should we knife it?
Speaker 3: No. We gotta go. Okay.
Speaker 4: The statue is just gonna, like, do
Speaker 1: the thing where they put their head down as
Speaker 4: a moose and, like, scoop up whoever's there
Speaker 3: Oh, nice.
Speaker 4: To, like, ride out with
Speaker 1: Are we still getting paid? We left one alive.
Speaker 3: No. No. No. We're fine. Let's go. Okay.
Speaker 1: I'll hold on to the moose tail and just roll.
Speaker 2: Argus, can you make a one more instinct to check for me?
Speaker 3: Oh, boy. Oh.
Speaker 1: 13. With? Deer.
Speaker 2: 13 with fear. Very good. All of you are piled up. You're running out. The floor is rumbling. Just as that crystal was going under, there were strange flecks on the side of it, almost like cracks moving around it and glowing in an odd way. Different from Novocide. It was not glowing like a bright blue as all of you have seen before. It was glowing a kind of a different color, like a strange purple.
Speaker 1: Oh. Uh-oh.
Speaker 2: As it drops, you have this moment where you have the briefest look around the cavern, And you notice on the far end of this rumbling cavern that there is what looks like just some barrels and boxes that were kind of missed in all of the fracas of everything going on. This was not attacking y'all, so it was not immediately apparent. You see what looks like some small supplies, like, would come from a ship? And they all have a symbol of a pirate crew. Oh, no. A symbol of triple g. You noticed that? And the rest of you are running out of there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot my long sword.
Speaker 2: Big stone falls on the ground. Argus, what you gonna do?
Speaker 1: He's gonna go back.
Speaker 2: You go back?
Speaker 1: He's going back.
Speaker 2: Very good. Argus, you go back.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? No.
Speaker 1: I left something. You just hop off.
Speaker 3: Pistachio Pistachio's back. I'm gonna pull a u-turn. Pistachio well, like, wait. I'm gonna grab Pistachio's horns
Speaker 1: and pull it my turn. Swinging up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We have the Akira move where the moose
Speaker 1: is But on the
Speaker 3: side. Moose, like Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then Pistachio's like,
Speaker 2: follow that monkey.
Speaker 1: I'm on it, boss.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're allowed to say that.
Speaker 1: Marcus Marcus,
Speaker 2: you run inside. Yeah. I towards those you're running towards them, and you also see some papers kinda, like, around there too.
Speaker 1: Close to the boxes?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like, on top of some of the boxes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't think he touched the boxes right away, but he is gonna try and look at the papers.
Speaker 2: Nice. You look at the papers. Can I get a agility reaction roll from you? Great.
Speaker 1: 21.
Speaker 2: So at twenty one, big stones are kinda falling as this place is shaking, and you see the water level from that deep pool is rising.
Speaker 1: Oh, shit.
Speaker 2: Argus, you run up. You run up. You look at these.
Speaker 3: He'll grab
Speaker 1: the papers.
Speaker 2: You grab
Speaker 1: the papers? He's gonna grab them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice. Hop on.
Speaker 4: Pistachio, like, leaps over. I guess, I in my imagination, Cappy just, like, grabs Argus and flings him up, and then Pistachio does a u-turn and then gallops back away.
Speaker 2: You gallop away nice, you do a u-turn, you fly out of this room as it is crumbling. Pistachio, can I get an agility reaction roll from you? I'm spending a fear this time because this one is gonna be worse if you fail.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have anything to add on this, but it is a 15 with hope.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a reaction roll. And so, unfortunately, that was your third time. You don't get the heck of hope.
Speaker 3: Don't you hate that one? Sad.
Speaker 2: I take your card away.
Speaker 1: I broke it up.
Speaker 2: Now you have to restart your punch card.
Speaker 4: I guess so. Alright.
Speaker 2: That's how it happens at restaurants, Kim. Yep. A fifteen hour does succeed.
Speaker 4: And so
Speaker 2: big boulder crashes onto the ground next to you.
Speaker 1: Woah. They, like, drift past it in their in their moose. Just a
Speaker 2: horse drifting.
Speaker 1: Just a horse drifting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You get back to that kaffirn, you are busting out as dust and mud and water sprays
Speaker 1: out of water. Man. Argus, what the fuck? I'm sorry. There was We
Speaker 3: don't run into falling down caves.
Speaker 1: What happened? This? You You
Speaker 2: hold the papers up. And does a 17 beat your evasion, Pistachio?
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: You get bit by some eels. Oh.
Speaker 3: You take six physical damage. Alright. Some eels bite Alright. We'll talk about this later. Can we get out of this place? I
Speaker 2: Grind the door. Grind door. Grind the door.
Speaker 1: I feel like as they do that, they're just gonna,
Speaker 4: like, start attacking some eels.
Speaker 3: No. Attack the eels. Stomp on them.
Speaker 1: No. We have to leave. We have
Speaker 4: to are attacking eels. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Try and stomp up. Try and stomp these eels.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to,
Speaker 3: ice on you.
Speaker 1: We're should all on top of them.
Speaker 4: Does a 19 hit?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. 100%.
Speaker 1: Is 28 damage on the eels. Woah. Okay.
Speaker 2: You crush 14 eels. Woah. And now there's only one little eel left. And it's like a little eel. It zooms away.
Speaker 1: Leave it
Speaker 3: alone. Leave it alone. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Like, snarl at it, and they're like, that's what I've done.
Speaker 2: And then it Tote runs
Speaker 3: like, easy there. Cappy's talking like a hero person. Easy now. Come on. He He slaps to your back and goes to Chicago.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Pistachio
Speaker 1: like books. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Nice. You get away from the river and you help a bit. You have your breath returns to you as the fresh air comes back and as a big sigh of relief as you wipe the water off of you and as you look at the papers you have. Yep. That is where we're gonna end
Speaker 1: the session Alright.
Speaker 2: Of DodoBorne. Thank you for listening to everybody. Hopefully, that was fun for y'all as much as it was for me.
Speaker 3: That was it for
Speaker 1: you? I'm so glad. Hopefully, it
Speaker 3: was for as fun for you as it was for us. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: May you roll a crit every time you roll?
Speaker 1: Just like we rolled crit.
Speaker 3: Right here. Yeah. We did.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 3: Go to High five. Sound good.
Speaker 2: High five, everybody. Yeah. Just laugh it up. Laugh it up. Schoolwalk on three. One, two, three.
Speaker 1: Slot. What the duck do?
Speaker 3: Wow, gang. What an episode. What's gonna be on those papers that Argus found? I wonder. In case you're wondering, it's me, your GM, Isaac Allen Burns. And here to do some shout outs, something we like to do at the end of the episode, a shout out our biggest supporters, our bag of gold tier on the Patreon. And you can join our Patreon too if you want things like episode talkbacks, deleted scenes and commentary. If you want to learn more about the map that you saw for the first time in this episode, head over to our Patreon, the link is in the bio. Without further ado, shout out to Ash of the Mountain, Calum T, Richie Loves You, Emma, World of Gariva, Condor Blue, Nicholas w, Tales by Daggerlight, Darcy r, Josh's seven zero eight, Minor Thoughts, Kola Cago, Maria W, Leave Me Alone Zorak, you son of a bitch, Joe OC, Tabletop Optimist, Batty Bright, Muscles Dynamite, BDS at Dorkmaster, and Moose Full of Naughty. Thank you all for supporting. It means the world to us, and we will catch you next time. I'll do some more rules because I'm so good at describing Daggerheart mechanics. It's me, the GM, five steps ahead. I don't like this spot in the table. I'm just gonna be honest. I kinda lost the plot there. Gonna be really honest, guys. This is hard. This is tough. There's a lot of pressure here.
Speaker 2: Okay. Goodbye.