It’s 2021 and people are still standing on scaffolding 10s of stories in the air, washing windows. Neel Parekh of MaidThis presents the opportunities and challenges of starting a drone window washing business.
- You can often dominate a local business niche by implementing current marketing and technology (e.g. residential cleaning)
- People often get excited about new tech (drones, 3D printing, etc…) but their enthusiasm wavers before the breakthrough tech makes a sizable impact on the real world. There’s plenty of opportunity implementing tech from five years ago.
- Contact Lucid Drones and get pricing for leasing one of their cleaning drones
- Investigate permitting in your local city
- Pre-sell window cleanings to several property managers (they often sign yearly contracts)
- Your selling point is that your clients will never have to talk to you again after signing up. You take window cleaning off their plate so they can focus on other things.
- MaidThis Franchise
- Aurum property management is implementing drone window cleaning
- Tim Byrne Almost Live Podcast
- Don't Forget, Window Washing Is a Lot Safer Than Driving a Taxi
- How will drone window cleaning change your business? | INTERCLEAN
- Lucid Drone Tech – We build drones
- Window washing drone takes flight
What is Run With It?
Need a business idea? Run With It shares unused business ideas from successful entrepreneurs, including the exact steps they would take to launch them. If you're looking for a ready-made business idea, proven founders are sharing them every week on Run With It.