I discuss seeing a lot of dollar spot and checking the probability of a disease epidemic, show the results of a fertilizer recommendation survey, and discuss a ranking system for locations where warm-season grasses grow based on missing light.
This episode discusses dollar spot and the Smith-Kerns model, making fertilizer recommendations as a ratio, and ranking locations for warm-season grasses based on light restriction caused by cloud cover.
- PACE Turf climate appraisal, https://www.paceturf.org/memberedition/weather
- The MLSN cheat sheet, https://www.asianturfgrass.com/post/new-mlsn-cheat-sheet/
- The Global DLI Shiny App, https://asianturfgrass.shinyapps.io/global_dli/
- Watch this episode at https://youtu.be/sMfP5icXHoI
- Read more about all kinds of turfgrass topics at https://www.asianturfgrass.com/
- Get turfgrass management information and decision support tools at https://www.paceturf.org/
- See the ATC newsletters at https://subscribepage.com/atc_newsletters
- Listen to the ATC Office Hours podcast at https://atc-office-hours.transistor.fm/
- Follow on Twitter at https://twitter.com/asianturfgrass
Creators & Guests
What is The ATC Doublecut with Micah Woods?
I discuss ATC blog posts, with supplementary information, stories, and the reasons why I thought the topic was worth writing about, and worth reading about. Thus, a doublecut of these topics. This covers grass selection, playability, and all the work done to create a certain type of turfgrass surface.