How many domains have you bought and done nothing with? In today's episode, Ryan Maynard and I explore how finishing projects, even joke ones, can help you develop the skills needed to get your work out into the world and overcome the fear of launching a new product.
- If you have an idea, act on it. It's like exercising a muscle - 4:00
- when something is an idea, it's perfect. You try to protect it by not executing on it. - 5:30
- Why it's easier to fix problems after building something, not before - 8:15
- Ryan builds, then sells, a livestock calculator - 11:15
- Ryan writes letters to baseball players - 14:45
- Exploring the big world of small software companies - 15:45
- "reach out to smarter people when you're in over your head" - 24:15
- "It's not about who is most brilliant, it's about who has the passion and desire to get the work out there that wins." - 25:15
- Avoid feeling busy without the needle - 27:15
- Shipping is about overcoming fear - 30:45
- T H I C C D A V I S
- First Version of Twitter
- Without Fail - Groupon's Andrew Mason: Pt 1, The Rise
- Without Fail - Groupon's Andrew Mason: Pt 2, The Fall
- Rockwell Automation
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat
- Just F***ing Ship - Amy Hoy w/ Alex Hillman
- Why Blacksmiths are Better at Startups than You - Amy Hoy
- Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking - David Bayles & Ted Orland.
- Quantity always trumps quality (includes clay pot story from Art & Fear)
Special thanks to Opportunities for their song "RICK DAVI$"
What is Production Ready?
Production Ready is a podcast that decodes human relationships that drive software businesses. Learn how to debug your office relationships and optimize your career trajectory for performance. Hosted by Glenn Stovall