Elizabeth has an interesting theory about the phenomenal rise of K-Pop sensation BTS, and Karen finds parallels to The Monkees and Moonlighting. Is Suga your bias? Do you even know what that means? Listen and you will.
- K-Poparazzi on Radiolab
- The Monkees
- Our episode on fan fiction, which mentions K-Pop a lot
- Gangnam Style (as if you haven't seen it)
- BTS at the Pyeongchang Olympics
- BTS at Billboard Music Awards
- BTS on The Ellen Show in 2017 and 2018
- BTS with Taylor Swift
- BTS on Twitter
- Urban Dictionary definitions of ARMY, no true scotsman and bias
- #mermay on Twitter
- Examples of #mermay shipping BTS members from @cosmicpens and @Capramare
- Rantasmo on queerbaiting in Sherlock
- Moonlighting's "finally" episode
- The X-Files tension
- Riverdale's trailer
- Supernatural, still going on
- BTS skin care routines
- Hope you'll join us at Make Music Edmonton and/or Podcasts Connect
- Hear us on I Don't Get It talking about Bat Boy: The Musical
We'd love it if you'd rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. You can also find us on Google Play, Stitcher and Spotify.
Many thanks to Castria for help with the production, and to our new podcast host, Transistor.
What is That's a Thing?!?
A sometimes belated, already outdated guide to your teens, tweens and everything under 20. In each episode, Elizabeth, a teenager, explains a thing to Karen, her mother. And Karen tells Elizabeth how that thing relates to something she knows. Maybe.